Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 08:25 PM

416 posts, read 253,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I wonder if you'll be this cold when it's your loved ones who are dying? What if some catastrophic illness struck you or a loved one? The only life saving treatment isn't covered by your insurance and costs millions. Just gonna shake your head and say, "well, see ya" to your loved one and maybe take in a movie?
You think any public insurance program will cover a million dollar procedure? Don't make me laugh.

They will die. It happens all the time, it happens in places with public insurance and places with no insurance. Human life is not worth an infinite amount of money.

And I won't be 'cold' to a love one, I would be sorry I can't help them, but that's also life. All you can do is your best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 08:27 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
If that post was aimed to pull at my heart strings, it doesn't work.

Now I'm not a doctor for a reason. I hate treating people and bodily fluids, but I'm good friends with several successful doctors. One was the premier plastic surgeon in San Diego, the other couple had one of the most lucrative practices (gastroenterology) in Boston.

Now neither of these is a skill needed in an emergency. But they're were both in it for money. The gastroenterologist was from Ireland and came to the states simply because of $$$. You think these people will treat you for free? You won't get past their secretary. They're in the business of making $$$.

Now I'm generally not pressed with such 'heart wrenching situations' but I do encounter homeless people, with their arms outstretched everyday of my life. Do I give them anything? Nope. Never gave even a penny. And some of them are in a pretty bad state. I don't give out of principle, since I hate beggars. However, I do donate to charity, just not beggars.

Many of you remind me of beggars to be honest. With this idea you're entitled to health care, and when people don't want to share their tax dollars to give you things you don't deserve - you insult and curse them, call them immoral.

Just like the homeless people I walk by when I either don't acknowledge them or tell them to stop begging.
Plastic surgery is not the issue, and that is not covered by insurance anyways. We are taking "real" medical emergencies, not a nose job or boob job or liposuction

Old 03-15-2017, 08:31 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
I honestly don't think these people will pay under any premium. They will go to ER because they can. That's why we still have 29 million uninsured under Obamacare.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:38 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I honestly don't think these people will pay under any premium. They will go to ER because they can. That's why we still have 29 million uninsured under Obamacare.
A lot of that is companies paying the fine for not having insurance. They are still doing that. Companies will pay the fine for not having health insurance and their employees will run to the emergency room. ( uninsured)

Old 03-15-2017, 08:44 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
A lot of that is companies paying the fine for not having insurance. They are still doing that. Companies will pay the fine for not having health insurance and their employees will run to the emergency room. ( uninsured)
Because it is cheaper---
The fine should have been the cost of the insurance PLUS---
A fine that is less than the cost required to be incurred is not a FINE--it is lip service...

Mick Mulvaney came out and claimed that under the ACA he had a deductable over 12K and he couldn't afford to use his policy so how could someone making 1/3 what he did afford ACA coverage----
Mulvaney mislead and lied --- typical GOP "truth" which when you investigate it proves not to be accurate...

This news story breaks down the type of coverage Mulvaney and his family had (not a typical family policy) and explains what coverage under the ACA would be for a 5 person family making 1/3 of Mulvaneys--
And remember that the supplement the lower income family would receive would be removed under the proposed TrumpCare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f65c8510a6cb

Old 03-15-2017, 08:54 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
You think any public insurance program will cover a million dollar procedure? Don't make me laugh.

They will die. It happens all the time, it happens in places with public insurance and places with no insurance. Human life is not worth an infinite amount of money.

And I won't be 'cold' to a love one, I would be sorry I can't help them, but that's also life. All you can do is your best.
Your best ...isn't very good!

Old 03-15-2017, 11:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Talk to me again in 64 years when someone born today who PAYS INTO SYSTEM for 50+ years is refused.

You are right, sir. After Trumpcare is passed, the new generations are screwed.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:02 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
The Plan is not complete yet boys and girls. This bill will be bounce back for refinements. I do not what numbers the CBO was calculating , but those numbers seem to be way off. ACA cost way hire with a 5k deductible.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:26 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There are no 3 part to the plan. Parts 2 and 3 are just a mirage/promises to do something later. The GOP should develop all 3 then present them.

Tom Cotton blasts Trumpcare AHCA phases 2 and 3 on Hugh Hewitt - Business Insider

"...there is no three-phase process. There is no three-step plan. That is just political talk. It's just politicians engaging in spin. This is why. Step one is a bill that can pass with 51 votes in the Senate. That's what we're working on right now. Step two, as yet unwritten regulations by Tom Price, which is going to be subject to court challenge, and therefore, perhaps the whims of the most liberal judge in America. But step three, some mythical legislation in the future that is going to garner Democratic support and help us get over 60 votes in the Senate. If we had those Democratic votes, we wouldn't need three steps. We would just be doing that right now on this legislation altogether. That's why it's so important that we get this legislation right, because there is no step three. And step two is not completely under our control."
"There are no 3 part to the plan."

OH my GOD, thank you so much for telling me.

And after I watched Ryan (you know the Speaker of the House who has, I would say a HELL OF A LOT MORE POWER then you do, spend a LOT of time explaining the 3 part process.

And now YOU come along and make such definitive statement as if YOU had any power to do things in the House of Rep.

Oh wait, you READ an article from someone else who HAS NO POWER IN THE HOUSE of REP.

You had better call Ryan and tell him he is all wrong. I am sure he will be glad that you are so concerned about him wasting his time on something YOU SAY doesn't exist.

By the way, what was your prediction for who would win the presidency?

"katzpaw The dude abides.

I don't doubt that the otherwise do nothing GOP congress critters will spend ALL their energies between November 2016 and January 2025 trying to destroy President Clinton."

President WHO?

How does that crow taste?

It looks like you don't do so good in the "prediction department"!

Old 03-16-2017, 06:39 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's another lie, which was exposed by the very conservative Senator Tom Cotton. He revealed that there were no other sections of this piece of crap bill. That was just another Ryan lie.
I am constantly amused by people who don't mind making fools of themselves.

SENATOR Cotton is NOT in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES where the 3 plans are being worked on.

He serves on NO HOUSE committees.

He is NOT privy to everything going on in the HOUSE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies