Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 01:55 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But health department and clinics exist.
Who wants to eliminate all support?
The social darwinist my reply was meant for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 01:58 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,430,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
The only luck in my life was being born.

After that, it was all hard work. And that goes for poor people as well, they're not poor because of bad luck, but due to lack of effort or something seriously wrong with them.
People, like me, get cancer at 23 years old. $500,0000, plus a few tens of thousands each year following for follow-up care. People get sick or injured at 18, 23, 32, 40. How many hundreds of thousands did you have saved up then?

Did I show a lack of effort and hard work, or have something "seriously wrong" with me because I did not have much money in the first few months of my career out of a top tier school that I graduated debt-free from because of merit scholarships? Was it my fault that minor preexisting conditions that required no treatment shut me out of the private market for health insurance?

Just curious.

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Sounds more like TrumpDon'tCare.
More and more people can't afford college, having children, buying good cars or owning their homes. Now, they can't have healthcare that's even close to being within their tight budgets. Even retirement is a luxury that many can't have. They may have to work until they drop, still in the harness. This is called, "peonage", knowing only near-poverty from cradle to grave. Trump and his fellow-travelers at the top of the financial heap, are smugly anticipating this conversion of our society.

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I really do get the impression that a lot of people here believe that they are owed healthcare and that dammit, someone needs to cough up and pay for it besides them.
Versus the impression that poor people should just die. Preferably quietly.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:00 PM

416 posts, read 252,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
People, like me, get cancer at 23 years old. $500,0000, plus a few tens of thousands each year following for follow-up care. People get sick or injured at 18, 23, 32, 40. How many hundreds of thousands did you have saved up then?

Did I show a lack of effort and hard work, or have something "seriously wrong" with me because I did not have much money in the first few months of my career out of a top tier school that I graduated debt-free from because of merit scholarships? Was it my fault that minor preexisting conditions that required no treatment shut me out of the private market for health insurance?

Just curious.
So because you have a problem you want someone else to pay?

Just curious.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
So because you have a problem you want someone else to pay?

Just curious.
I think she wants her insurance to be affordable.

As opposed to impossible like the example in this thread's title.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:03 PM

416 posts, read 252,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think she wants her insurance to be affordable.

As opposed to impossible like the example in this thread's title.
It's not what you want, it's always what you can get.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:05 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Call it the RIP: Republican Insurance Plan

Old 03-15-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
It's not what you want, it's always what you can get.
So 64-year-olds who can't get insurance is a situation you can live with?

Old 03-15-2017, 02:07 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No, you should read the CBO report. Its all there. The elderly will see their premiums skyrocket under Trumpcare. CBO is even headed by a republican! This pig stinks even with lipstick!
And they researched this and outlined how it will occur? Are they using a crystal ball, what? Apparently you read it so why cant you just answer my questions?

People act as though before Obamacare there were literally no one that had health insurance paid for by employers or private policy, no medicaid or medicare coverage or no state health care programs and people were actually dying in the streets. I have also asked several time what the catalyst was the sparked Nancy Peolsi's effort to draft the ACA? And of course gotten no response. If there was a crisis I apparently missed it.

Everyone paying a premium has seen their cost skyrocket under Obamacare. Yet it was promised everyone would have coverage, everyone could get affordable coverage, everyone could keep their provider, everyone could keep their physician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies