Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 07:02 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And the Democrats are already spreading their lies about it. My former neighbor (friend of my daughters), who still lives in CA, posted on Facebook (she has a cushy job as a lawyer) that she is glad she has her employer sponsored health insurance, because the Republicans are eliminating pre-existing conditions (a lie) and she doesn't know what she would do otherwise. I have no idea what her "pre-existing condition" could possibly be. She was perfectly healthy when we lived next door and grew up with my two girls.

Democrats will lie if the truth is better.
I don't think she has to worry about California waiving the requirement for preexisting conditions, states like Kentucky maybe. Why do you suppose they left that option in the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The poor gets medicaid and the old gets medicare. They should not be given access to public health insurance market which the Obamacare was trying to expand Medicaid and medicare.

Now the new Trumpcare will simply put limits in place requiring the states to pay for these leeches themselves and limit Fed funding.

This means Health insurance go back to offering pre-ACA prices without so many leeches.

You either have single-payer or no ACA. You cannot have a broken single-payer that puts all the premiums on the middle class.

Millennials workers rather give the middle finger and pay the fine than buy overpriced insurance and pay for all the leeches.
Do you REALLY believe that health insurance companies are going to lower premiums? Dream on.

I'm totally on board with single payer; which I was not in the past.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Spot on!

Old 05-04-2017, 07:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Oh, please!!! That's a bald faced lie!

Obamacare is dead. It's a total failure, and it is unaffordable. It's worthless, because of the extremely high deductibles and high premiums! Totally worthless! You might as well flush that money down the toilet!

Your comments are so over the top. Why don't you join Colbert? You might make a good team. Birds of a feather.
Obamacare is the law.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:06 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obamacare is the law.
temporarily

Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you REALLY believe that health insurance companies are going to lower premiums? Dream on.

I'm totally on board with single payer; which I was not in the past.
We are getting there.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
How does screwing millions with a scam square?

ACA IS FAILING! This is a fact. The promise was a lie, they knew it would (intended it to) collapse so they (Dems) could force single payer as a fix. They were arrogant enough to believe they would be in perpetual power, but the people short circuited that.

How does it feel to be a dupe? How does it feel to be steered like a cow?

You didn't notice that I said "now on to the senate"?

Keep underestimating Pubs and Trump. Look how well that has worked out for the left over the last few years.
Heck OP, no worries here. I'll keep underestimating you, your ilk, and your false God just the same thank you! No matter what happens with that Bill, or any other political move, that still won't change the fact that you haven't done squat to help America one iota. All You can say you've done is vote for Cheeto man as "payback" for the last 8 years of having your widdle feewings hurt, and tiny jimmies rustled because your "Pubs" couldn't take care of a wet dream, much less win an election- and in true 'Pub fashion you all cried, pouted, insulted, which, ironically, is the same thing you admonish the left for doing-so you are blindly hitching your pathetic wagons into the Great Orange Hoax, and trying oh so desperately to feel powerful and important again, but deep down you all know this is yet another 'Pub Flub so you All try to convince yourselves into thinking your side FINALLY got it right , by cheering his every move as perfection, and hoping against hope that he stops screwing up long enough for normal people to quit questioning the intelligence of his worshippers

Old 05-04-2017, 07:09 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Oh, please!!! That's a bald faced lie!

Obamacare is dead. It's a total failure, and it is unaffordable. It's worthless, because of the extremely high deductibles and high premiums! Totally worthless! You might as well flush that money down the toilet!

Your comments are so over the top. Why don't you join Colbert? You might make a good team. Birds of a feather.
Prove it. I can back mine up, I have done so over and over with Your nonsense. Your turn.

Prove it Mr nonsense guy.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:18 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Don't you need 60 votes to repeal existing laws?
GOP in senate is going to try and get this dog of a bill passed via the reconciliation process. For that they would only need a simple majority of 51 votes. Should worse come to the worse Pence could supply the needed one vote to put them over.

Fly in ointment is that the reconciliation process can only be used for budgetary matters. That and many other reasons are why things in the senate will get interesting.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:18 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
If you live in a blue state, but work for a large company with presence in several states, be warned:

Your employer will now be able to pick which state's coverage laws to follow. So even if you live and work in New York, you could end up stuck with minimal Arkansas health insurance protections (or lack thereof).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies