Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:38 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,300,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll note there are no education/skill requirements to be POTUS either.
Cool story bro?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 12:05 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,868,214 times
Just heard an exchange with a radio commentator and a man who heads up feeding 1000's on skid row and also seeing that 1000's can get showers, What a horrid condition in this land of PLENTY.

He said we are heading upwards to 60,000 living on streets and a MAJOR reason is the constant 5% rent increases Talked about the need for rent control as it's only going to get worse with those losing their apts.

Here in Santa Monica we just were hit with the highest increase I can remember in years, 2%. So for me that is $17 more a month. Gotta watch my pennies as I could outlive what I have.

Again so many living on streets are vets. SHAME SHAME SHAME...they fight for the defense dept and live on streets when they come home. IF they come home.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:59 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,515,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just heard an exchange with a radio commentator and a man who heads up feeding 1000's on skid row and also seeing that 1000's can get showers, What a horrid condition in this land of PLENTY.

He said we are heading upwards to 60,000 living on streets and a MAJOR reason is the constant 5% rent increases Talked about the need for rent control as it's only going to get worse with those losing their apts.

Here in Santa Monica we just were hit with the highest increase I can remember in years, 2%. So for me that is $17 more a month. Gotta watch my pennies as I could outlive what I have.

Again so many living on streets are vets. SHAME SHAME SHAME...they fight for the defense dept and live on streets when they come home. IF they come home.
jamin - You're so right! The Republicans talk the talk, but can't walk the walk! Yes, now VA managers can be fired, but when it comes to increasing funding for something like PTSD, it's "suck it up Soldier!" Trained psychiatrists and social workers are not going to work for the paltry salaries the VA offers. You don't get Nordstrom service and quality with Walmart pay! When it comes to increasing the funding for VA services, the Republicans start hemming and hawing and proclaiming the cuts to funding they actually made, will produce a "revitalized and "efficient" agency. That's BS!

Old 07-03-2017, 01:04 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,462,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Notice how many are purposely ignoring where Dr. Carson made his remarks?
What ever happened to all of those "yellow ribbon" folks?
Remember when one had to support the troops and veterans or leave the country?
Now they couldn't care less how our veterans are treated.

Disgusting.
Those are the people who wear flag pins. Symbolism is their only means of patriotism.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:07 PM

9,692 posts, read 7,430,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll note there are no education/skill requirements to be POTUS either.
Yes Obama prove that.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:13 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,350,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How many here would want to live in those "comfortable" housings whom they advocate other people do?
Comfortable is relative to the person.

Elizabeth Warren might not feel comfortable if she lived in a 3 bedroom 1,900 sq ' home.

In the rush to provide a single political solution for the poor and unfortunate, a prejudiced view must be used to equate all people who meet the threshold of an artificial entry criteria.

BC is choosing to consider human nature and the innate desire to gain self respect thru 'work' and contribution to society.

Otherwise, the heartfelt government is essentially maintaing a zoo. A static condition where inmates surrender self respect for predictable handouts. Society loses the inmates potential contribution and people lose their self respect.

Human nature cannot be set aside and replaced by questionable good intented help programs. Not all people in any given economic category share the same perspective, that is what the government has been missing.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,702,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Yes Obama prove that.
Fail

Barack Obama had an Ivy League education and has a law degree, and was a State Senator and US Senator prior to becoming president.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:57 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,539,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Fail

Barack Obama had an Ivy League education and has a law degree, and was a State Senator and US Senator prior to becoming president.
And a Community Organizer!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:00 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,702,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
And a Community Organizer!
And that has what to do with the price of tea in China?🤔

Old 07-03-2017, 06:24 PM

25,696 posts, read 17,467,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
jamin - You're so right! The Republicans talk the talk........
Actually, we don't talk the talk at all.
I never heard a Republican who is an advocate for the homeless. There may be some, I just never heard one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies