Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 11:08 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Santa Monica has old tear down $2Million houses that MANY and from out parts of the world come and build $5-6Million mansions. It's so gross....all these little million dollar houses and then the mega million one's built next to them.

We have HUD community housing here and the lines are long to get into one.

We also have a city that is very desirable weather wise and high tech industries are invading this area and it's called Silicon Beach.

Not the place I came to in the 60's...but I'm so fortunate to have gotten in on Rent Control, my 700 sq ft apt is approaching $900/mo. We get an increase every year rain or shine.
Only $900/month? My one bedroom in Phoenix costs more than that! I'd say you have a killer deal on your hands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 11:09 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
This comment coming from a man totally inexperienced in government, who was given his cabinet post from an equally clueless, inexperienced President

Old 07-02-2017, 11:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Dr. Carson is right, you shouldn't give people Mercedes, it's not good for them if it's given to them. Otherwise, where is the incentive to work for something and be a contributing member of society.

Trump team is still making A's.

Dr Carson's an idiot who said the ACA was worse for this country than the Civil War, WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

And it's not as if the Trump team is led by someone who wasn't given many things.

And WHAT has he contributed to society that wasn't done for his own benefit?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:56 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Who is talking lavishly? Poor people should be able to live with a roof.
Housing and food are not rights. Neither is cable TV, a large fridge, massage chairs, and 2 car garage and master with walk in closet. But sure the government is providing housing for the poor, don't expect to be very comfortable.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:11 PM

8,246 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
free housing is now considered punishment?

how very odd.
It's not "free housing." It is housing based upon income. If you have zero income there is still a minimum amount you have to pay.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:12 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'd like to know how he paid for med school. I couldn't even afford law school.
Grants, scholarships and summer jobs.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Here is a hint, people in low income neighborhoods driving BMWs and Mercedes' are usually dealing drugs, and they know that their neighbors won't try to steal them for fear of retaliation

My wife drives Porsche Cayenne (2005) and I drive a BMW 5 series (2007).....we are middle class....I just buy them used she bought hers for $10,500 in excellent condition and I get it at a good deal and I know how to work on them so I save money from taking it to a mechanic unless its a big problem and I don't have the equipment to fix it but that's what extended warranties are for.

In used car dealers you can find used BMW, Mercedes and Audis for cheap and German cars are better built than American cars. Depends of the year, model and mileage.....so just because you see someone who is low income driving a BMW doesn't mean they are selling drugs or upper class......in my state of Utah you see a lot of BMW on the streets especially the 3 series and young people drive them.....there not expensive if you buy it used.

I know low income people who hustle everyday and work hard multiple jobs and do things on the side which they get paid cash and they do buy at the used car dealers.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:25 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This comment coming from a man totally inexperienced in government, who was given his cabinet post from an equally clueless, inexperienced President

did you said the same thing on Obama when he was elected President in 2008?...of course not........inexperienced in government doesn't matter for liberals as long that you are a Democrat and push for a big welfare state, then inexperience doesn't matter. LOL

Did you said the same thing on Hillary Clinton when Obama as a political favor named her Secretary of State......at least BEN isn't compromising national security by putting a personal server in his basement which wasn't secure to hackers and selling out the office to the highest bidder worldwide while his foundation is getting millions of dollars from all over the world and then when subpoena destroyed 30,000 emails.

is that the "experience" you democrats want in office?.....

Old 07-02-2017, 02:28 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
did you said the same thing on Obama when he was elected President in 2008?...of course not........inexperienced in government doesn't matter for liberals as long that you are a Democrat and push for a big welfare state, then inexperience doesn't matter. LOL

Did you said the same thing on Hillary Clinton when Obama as a political favor named her Secretary of State......at least BEN isn't compromising national security by putting a personal server in his basement which wasn't secure to hackers and selling out the office to the highest bidder worldwide while his foundation is getting millions of dollars from all over the world and then when subpoena destroyed 30,000 emails.

is that the "experience" you democrats want in office?.....
Obama was a Senator before he was President, while The Cheeto never had ANY government position before becoming pResident...

Old 07-02-2017, 02:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Guess we are now seeing the path HUD will take during the Trump administration regarding affordable/homeless housing.

Like that old song says; "you can help yourself but don't you take too much".

https://thinkprogress.org/ben-carson...g-300f38c02dd8
"Think Progress!" LOL You read that garbage from the "Center for American Progress?" I know what Carson meant, and he's right. Why can't you Leftists wackos?

Somebody in need of a roof over their head doesn't need a luxury condo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies