Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 01:06 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Good to know. I'm going to your community and start my own competitive police force! Your police will soon be out of business, since I will low ball my offer.

As for society not being a real entity....do you live in a cave?
Go for it. They probably won't like a rival gang coming into their territory, but I'd take your side.

And I meant that society isn't an actual being, like a school of fish isn't a being. The only beings are the individuals that make it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 01:08 PM

554 posts, read 608,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Didnt you know it? They built all the roads they use, all the bridges, with their own bare hands.
The alt-right likes to believe that they are completely self-sufficient, when in fact they use services, like access roads to public lands as an example, to a greater extent than the "liberals" they try to break with their mind-numbing logic-contorting word games, like "health care workers will be working for free". Ugh.

Like same-sex marriage, which the alt-right abhors for some strange reason, even though it affects them not in the least, universal health care will be here in America; it's just a matter of time. The current system cannot continue in its present form. Medicare is tried, true, and proven to work; its extension to all will require fiscal adjustments that no one will complain about except the alt-right.

207 posts, read 102,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Yeah, and we pay for them too. I'm saying we should have the option to not pay for them if we aren't going to use them, and we should pay for them if we're going to use them.
The only way for you to not use these things is to live off the grid, which I advocate.

Impossible to live in any semblance of a town or city and not use infrastructure, public and emergency services.

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Yeah, and we pay for them too. I'm saying we should have the option to not pay for them if we aren't going to use them, and we should pay for them if we're going to use them.
I do not pay taxes, so I am pretty sure I did not pay for the roads and bridges I use every day, but I am very thankful that someone has paid for them.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:09 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
Quote:
I can't even keep up with all these fallacies.
Arent you packing your bags to go into the woods yet? You know, since paying taxes is equal to be held at gunpoint and get stealed, and since you feel you are a slave of the politics and the system, and you feel you have to pay for everything you get.

Well, since nature wont charge you anything, you can go and build a house out of trees and plant your own food. Nobody is stopping you. If you have such strong principles, go live according to them.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:09 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Do you consider healthcare a basic human right?
Yes. At least, at a very basic level, I think most healthcare options should be available to all. Perhaps the most cutting edge/state-of-the-art drugs and/or tools could be available for an additional cost. But eveyone should get basic coverage. ESPECIALLY (!!!) preventative healthcare.

It's very hard (AND EXPENSIVE!) to treat things when they are far along in their progression. But if you catch those same diseases at an earlier stage, you can much more easily treat them (And for MUCH Less money).

I say this as someone who works for a large biotech company - yes, I'm somewhat rooting against my best interests here. I'd rather see a society that takes care of everyone than one that does not. And I'll take less money in life if that is what it takes to get there.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:13 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
The only way for you to not use these things is to live off the grid, which I advocate.

Impossible to live in any semblance of a town or city and not use infrastructure, public and emergency services.
I added something to my post but I was a little late. I said "remember the state monopoly issue". If Walmart owned all of it and could punish anyone who tried to compete, the only way to not use their stuff is to move off grid. That doesn't mean you have to just shut up and deal with it or live alone in the wilderness.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:19 PM

207 posts, read 102,763 times
Quote:
I added something to my post but I was a little late. I said "remember the state monopoly issue". If Walmart owned all of it and could punish anyone who tried to compete, the only way to not use their stuff is to move off grid. That doesn't mean you have to just shut up and deal with it or live alone in the wilderness.
There would be nothing to deal with.

The assumption is the government is providing adequate services for the lowest cost possible.

This is not a monopoly for profit type scenario.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why do you think these countries can afford to do this?

Because of the aid they receive from us in various forms, not the least of which is providing for their national defence.
Interesting. Have any data to back up your assertion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies