Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 01:07 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Good post

In first world countries like Switzerland, South korea ,Germany, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Canada,Israel,Finland,New Zealand etc are all multi party systems where there is real competition and coalitions have to be formed. Spain ,France and most of europe all have third parties .

In a two party system like the US shares with Guyana, Tobago, ,Belize, Barbados and Zimbabwe, you basically have no competition

Old 05-23-2017, 01:09 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
You really think most nationalists and right wingers are conservatives? This post is exactly why people think most american leftists and dems are emasculated beta males, minorities, and masculine women
Where is this conservative obsession with masculinity coming from, and all this beta male/alpha male nonsense? I see you and a few others blathering on about it; and I honestly don't get it. Insecurity perhaps?

Old 05-23-2017, 01:09 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Either way, the system is corrupt. Why even bother with elections when superdelegates and the electoral college can simply nullify the results at a whim? In other words, you better vote for the 'right' candidate, or the powers that be will vote for you.

Other favorite means of suppressing the vote including gerrymandering, electronic voting that can be easily manipulated, holding the election on Tuesdays instead of the weekend, giving voters misinformation, etc.
Hillary Clinton won by 450 non super delegates and by almost 4 million more votes. Superdelegates didnt change who won.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:23 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Where is this conservative obsession with masculinity coming from, and all this beta male/alpha male nonsense? I see you and a few others blathering on about it; and I honestly don't get it. Insecurity perhaps?
The fact that you think nationalists and right wingers in America, and all over the world, are "conservative" "tory" and republicans is why the two party system is a complete failure. Most "Reagan Democrats" and trump voters would never vote for the republican party if given a real right wing alternative.

The republicans have never done anything about many of the issues that propelled trump to his victory like illegal immigration, border security, terrorism, job outsourcing, globalism, declining american infrastructure, , an America first trade and foreign policy, against increasing military interventionism around the world etc yet there is no alternative to vote for.

Trump won by using much of ron pauls and pat buchanans playbook, at the right time, but both guys are not typical republicans by any means

Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,787 times
Quote:
It is so painfully obvious the system is rigged even the Washington Post has to admit it.

U.S. elections ranked worst among Western democracies. Here’s why | Washington Post

The U.S. has ‘worst elections of any long-established democracy,’ report finds | Washington Post

1. Yes, people can be very vengeful. Vengeance is often a motive for murder.

2. You think it was just some random coincidence Rich was shot in the back by some crazy person for no apparent reason? I have a bridge to sell you.

3. The leaks could be very damaging to the DNC and Hillary's campaign against Trump. They probably killed him before he could leak even more damaging information, and make others like him think twice before doing the same.
The WP articles do not conclude that our "system is rigged". Only that people perceive it as less than representative.

Vengence is a motive for stupid, emotional crimes. YOUR theory is that this was a well crafted pragmatic endeavour. Try not mixing apples and oranges.

The fact that our election process is not 100% perfect is not proof that Seth Rich was murdered as a consequence of his leaks. I'm sorry, but it is an utter logic fail.

The idea that "it cannot be a coincidence" is not proof of anything but a desperate need to believe something in the complete absence of any proof or facts. It cannot possibly be a coincidence that every day after the newspaper hits the driveway, shortly thereafter the sun rises. Obviously, it is that newspaper that initiates the day.

If that "bridge" comes with absolute proof of existance, your proof of ownership, and I really wanted a bridge, we could then discuss terms. Just like the theory you are promoting, i am going to have to see supporting documentation.

Last edited by shaker281; 05-23-2017 at 01:41 AM..

Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hillary Clinton won by 450 non super delegates and by almost 4 million more votes. Superdelegates didnt change who won.

According to this superdelegates had a major impact on the results.
The effect of Superdelegates on the Democratic nomination process has never been more apparent than in the 2016 election. Created in 1982 largely by the party establishment, the superdelegate was to serve as a safeguard to ensure a populous candidate did not take the nomination, and keep the Democrats out of the White House. This election more than any prior, proves no one can say what a populous candidate might be able to do once they get to the presidential debate stage. Polls show if Bernie Sanders were allowed to run as the Democratic nominee, he would do quite well against Donald Trump.

How Democratic Superdelegates Decided the 2016 Election | Huffington Post

The party openly states the superdelegate system was created for the purpose of preventing a non-establishment candidate from winning the nomination. They don't even bother to hide it. There is no legitimate reason for this system other than to nullify and defeat the democratic process whenever they don't get their way.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
According to this superdelegates had a major impact on the results..

Your article is arguing the percentage by which Clinton won over Bernie including SD's, that impacts the percentage, not the actual outcome.

Hillary goes from winning with 55% of the vote, to winning with 58%

She still won the popular vote by 4 million, and the delegate count by 450 when you dont include superdelegates.

Do you not understand that she still wins when you remove superdelegates ????

Old 05-23-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
According to this superdelegates had a major impact on the results.
The effect of Superdelegates on the Democratic nomination process has never been more apparent than in the 2016 election. Created in 1982 largely by the party establishment, the superdelegate was to serve as a safeguard to ensure a populous candidate did not take the nomination, and keep the Democrats out of the White House. This election more than any prior, proves no one can say what a populous candidate might be able to do once they get to the presidential debate stage. Polls show if Bernie Sanders were allowed to run as the Democratic nominee, he would do quite well against Donald Trump.

How Democratic Superdelegates Decided the 2016 Election | Huffington Post

The party openly states the superdelegate system was created for the purpose of preventing a non-establishment candidate from winning the nomination. They don't even bother to hide it. There is no legitimate reason for this system other than to nullify and defeat the democratic process whenever they don't get their way.
Phrases such as "major impact" and quite well" are called "qualifiers".

Your last part is true. However, you are attempting to go from the general to the specific and that simply does not work.

Let's use your "bridge" to inagine a world where the facts and science of engineering are ignored in favor of belief. You care to be the first one across?

Old 05-23-2017, 01:46 AM

One more thing. I do not like Hillary Clinton. But, if Sanders supporters who failed to support her think they somehow got a better deal, I refer you to Trumps budget proposal.

Might I personally benefit from his policies while those at the bottom economic rungs suffer? Probably. But, will the vast majority of Bernie supporters be better off with a Trump/GOP victory. You'd have to show me how.

And that is an actual "outcome" that all this conspiracy fiddling seems destined to overshadow.

Last edited by shaker281; 05-23-2017 at 02:24 AM..

Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
One more thing. I do not like Hillary Clinton. But, if Sanders supporters who failed to support her think they somehown got a better deal, I refer you to Trumps budget proposal.

Might I personally benefit from his policies while those at the bottom economic rungs suffer? Probably. But, will the vast majority of Bernie supporters be better off with a Trump/GOP victory. You'd have to show me how.

And that is an actual "outcome" that all this conspiracy fiddling seems destined to overshadow.
Thats true. Its a theory with no basis in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies