Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 11:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So how exactly was "respect" shown? Respect would have been to gracefully have the picture taken with Ryan. He's not a serial killer, for pete's sake. He's a politician whose ideology the parents disagree with.
He's supported the unjustifiable wars. He is a serial killer.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:33 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The gal you mentioned was a 3 minute wonder. Now forgot. The Simpsons is the same sort of thing SNL was.

I agree on the Simpsons thing, it can be witty. It's still a cartoon though.

As far as that dolt... sorry, she isn't still going...
https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/...demands-2017-5

Old 05-30-2017, 12:00 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He's supported the unjustifiable wars. He is a serial killer.
Seriously. Well, then the kid shouldn't have gone to DC. Because everyone in congress did, including dear Hillary. Do you really think this kid would have refused a photo with Clinton if she were president?

And no, he's not a killer of any kind.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Seriously. Well, then the kid shouldn't have gone to DC. Because everyone in congress did, including dear Hillary. Do you really think this kid would have refused a photo with Clinton if she were president?

And no, he's not a killer of any kind.
I would hope they would decline a photo op with Hillary. I'm not sure whatever she has ins't contagious.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I understand all of that.

But as partisan as I am, and I'm an extremely hardcore partisan, I'd shake Paul Ryan's hand and take a photo with him even though I've got no use for the man politically. It's a right and fair acknowledgement of the man's position within our government. He's accomplished something noteworthy...for better or worse. He hasn't killed anyone! He's just on the wrong side politically.

If I treated him with discourtesy, then I'd have to treat EVERYBODY that agrees with him the same way! Do you really wanna live in a world where we treat people that way based on their politics?

Come on. There's no excuse for this type of behavior.

You know the politicians I can't stand and I would do the same.

But it's apparent that not everyone had parents who raised them to be gracious, courteous and respectful regardless of personal feelings and political views.

Even my late 20-somethings were appalled by this type of behavior, but I'm not surprised. Given the choice between exhibiting class and being an *****, they always choose the former.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know the politicians I can't stand and I would do the same.

But it's apparent that not everyone had parents who raised them to be gracious, courteous and respectful regardless of personal feelings and political views.

Even my late 20-somethings were appalled by this type of behavior, but I'm not surprised. Given the choice between exhibiting class and being an *****, they always choose the former.
Apparently!!

Old 05-30-2017, 01:18 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
With all honesty , I don't blame him. When you have TV shows like the "Simpsons" that are in a prime time slot and have been for over 20 years doesn't that tell you something about our society ? When Honey Boo Boo, the Kardasian's and that "cash me outside" dolt/girl are as popular as they are, the perception is that the majority of people and their children might not be into the most intellectual things. I hope you are right.
I see what you are saying but may I suggest something? Many of us Americans don't fall into that mold. We appreciate reading, arts, music, intelligent conversation. That being said, I do find the Simpsons funny. Everything in moderation, right?

Old 05-30-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ignorant hatred? You are the one constantly calling people names and eschewing hatred. Sadly the last resort of someone who is out of cogent/coherent arguments...
Yes.

Ignorant -lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.

Hatred - intense dislike or ill will

I believe my statement, not argument, is valid considering that I based it on your own words.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I understand all of that.

But as partisan as I am, and I'm an extremely hardcore partisan, I'd shake Paul Ryan's hand and take a photo with him even though I've got no use for the man politically. It's a right and fair acknowledgement of the man's position within our government. He's accomplished something noteworthy...for better or worse. He hasn't killed anyone! He's just on the wrong side politically.

If I treated him with discourtesy, then I'd have to treat EVERYBODY that agrees with him the same way! Do you really wanna live in a world where we treat people that way based on their politics?

Come on. There's no excuse for this type of behavior.
And that is your decision and right to direct your behavior in a way you see fit.

It is their decision and their right to direct their behavior as they see fit. Considering the amount of cuts this man wants to make to their education (both in high school and college), I can't say that I blame them for their opinions.

Were you in disagreement with ND grads who walked out on Pence?

Old 05-30-2017, 01:41 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How incredibly daft and insulting. You are, as usual, completely wrong in your uninformed opinions. I know 8th graders that could run circles around you when discussing domestic and foreign policy, constitutional theory and current events.
Lol...I thought of your silly post today as my fellow employee and I worked with a group of teens today to choose which summer programs they wanted. Top of the list was 3D printing and second was robotics. It's a diverse, intelligent group. Just for the hell of it I asked who Hillary's vice-presidential candidate was. After a couple checked their smartphones they got the right answer. Then I asked who Trump's VP and all I got was blank looks...then they started complaining I sounded like a history teacher.

I suspect in one week I work with more teens than you'll ever know in your life. Do some like politics? I'm sure they do. Do they have the measure of life's wisdom to turn their backs on Paul Ryan? That's all their parent's prejudices, and you just sound ignorant when you pretend otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies