Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Kelly Griffin gone too far? - holding up bloody Trump head.
No - free speech 23 17.97%
Yes - an apology is needed 56 43.75%
Yes - ban her from New Years Rock'n Eve 49 38.28%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:49 AM

52,745 posts, read 34,654,049 times

Advertisements

Barron Trump Thought Kathy Griffin's Beheaded Trump Image Was His Dad | TMZ.com

Old 05-31-2017, 09:51 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,654,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Not interested in seeing her video. I haven't seen the pic or watched her "apology" video.
She just gave a half assed apology cause sponsors were about to start leaving her. Otherwise, she knew what she was doing so....

This body language assessment of the apology pretty much sums up how BS of an apology it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVPHj927kc

Old 05-31-2017, 10:00 AM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
WRONG.

From Yahoo: CNN said it is “evaluating” its relationship with Griffin.

“We found what she did disgusting and offensive,” the network said in a statement. “We are pleased to see she has apologized and asked that the photos be taken down. We are evaluating our New Year’s Eve coverage and have made no decisions at this point.”

Griffin’s photo caught the attention of the U.S. Secret Service, which noted that such “threats against [our] protectees receive the highest priority of all of our investigations.”
"Evaluating" is Parsel-Tongue for "views will forget all about this - we LOVE Kathy and her photo".

A better question is ..... Will Al Franken keep his Date with Kathy Griffin on July 7 to promote his book at the Anneberg Center? Perhaps they will use Griffin's Beheading Poster of the President of the United States as a Stage Backdrop. I've no doubt the crowd would love it and applaud loudly.

The Wallis and Writers Bloc Present Senator Al Franken In Conversation with Kathy Griffin on Friday, July 7 at 7:30pm

Franken and Griffin will also hold “an intimate discussion about Franken’s new book ‘Giant of the Senate'” on July 7 at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills. Tickets for an evening with Senator Al Franken are currently available only through subscription.
Remaining single tickets will be available for purchase on Friday, June 2, for $50 and $60, and include a copy of Franken’s book Giant of the Senate.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:04 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,454,406 times
Trump doesn't apologize for anything. Why should she?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:05 AM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
An apology only counts if it's sincere. This one wasn't, IMHO.

If you haven't already, please watch the link in the first quote. It is a video of the filming of the photo shoot. In that video she says, "We have to move to Mexico today 'cause we're going to go to prison, federal prison." She then says, "...'cause we're not surviving this."

She knew exactly what the outcome of this would be, and she didn't care. She got her extra 15 minutes.
Wow - that comment might just land Griffin and her photographer in Prison.
Threatening the President of the United States
Her comment shows she knew exactly what she was doing and that it was punishable by Statute.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:06 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,038,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

I don't know what I find more offensive, a bloody Trump face or a normal Kathy Griffin face. I guess she gives hope to ugly people who want to get into the entertainment industry.
There are a couple of photos of Kathy Griffin sans makeup floating around the Internet that will send normal humans running from the room in terror. The woman (and I'm being generous with that term, obviously) is absolutely hideous without a battalion of makeup artists slathering the pancake on with trowels.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:06 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,996,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Trump doesn't apologize for anything. Why should she?
This is the problem. Lack of adult behavior on both sides. All we get is 6 year old finger pointing "he did it first" behavior from both Ds and Rs. We have ourselves to blame for the children we have elected to represent us, and unfortunately it seems like they actually represent the 6 year old views of many Americans.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:09 AM

15,546 posts, read 10,537,284 times
" Kathy Griffin 'Beheads President Trump' In Shocking New Photos "

So Griffin supports ISIS now, what a *****. Just, imagine the parents who couldn't get the channel changed fast enough.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:11 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,336,251 times
I'm all for free speech, however, for me, this was disgusting...and let me tell you, if someone would have done that with Obama, I would have felt the same way.

What I'm seeing coming from liberals is scary....and all because their team lost....I just cannot believe the immoral words and violence and they way they hover looking for anything he does wrong, and if he doesn't do anything wrong, believe me they will find something, no matter how inappropriate it is.

I will never vote for another liberal b/c of this, and this also shows, bad parenting....parents that gave these people their own way when they were kids and they just cannot accept defeat like a team player. And all because we've got someone who wants to enforce our laws?

Oh and apologies just don't cut it....I'm sorry, but they mean nothing, and they are only doing it, b/c they realize they've crossed the line....

same with late night TV shows....I won't watch them or the news, b/c they are ridiculous....and an educated monkey could see thru their agendas.

what bothers me, is, "What brings someone to cross the line like that". It's actually very bad immoral behavior, and it seems to me, with all the protesting, and all this BS on late night TV and the Media, America is loosing some very valuable morals. You just don't do or say things like that.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-31-2017 at 10:21 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 10:14 AM

997 posts, read 712,437 times
I was appalled at her childish behavior. It was so inappropriate for some one her age to seek attention like that. I'll never go to one of her shows; in fact; I wouldn't be surprised if this was a career-ending move. It was not funny. she's never been funny; I'm disgusted with her. I am also not a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.