Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 06:38 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What are you talking about? The intelligence departments have plenty of proof and have confirmed as much to the public.
Got it? Turn it all over.

Proof, not BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 06:48 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing is for certain, and can not be disputed by anyone. One of the two men, Trump or Comey is lying, because their stories are 180 apart. Ok, we have that settled. Now, who do we believe ? A man who constantly lies and fabricates things, even when he doesn't have to, or, a man with a squeaky clean reputation and the respect of people on both sides. A man who will not embellish his testimony, just to make the other guy look bad.

Comey has NO history of lying, whereas Donald Trump has lied so many times (provable lies) that no one can believe him. Even when GOP Senators greeted Comey, they had to say how much they respected his integrity and service to America.

As for Trump ever appearing and testifying under oath, yeah, right. It will be just like his tax returns that he promised numerous times to release, but always found some excuse not to. What he will do is say that on the advice of his Attorney he can not be sworn in and testify. Just you watch and mark my words.
"Comey has NO history of lying,"

B.S.

"No reasonable prosecutor would file charges against Hillary" (or something close)

MANY prominent prosecutors came out and challenged is claim.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:53 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
When you have a closed door meeting, and there are no other witnesses, it's going to be one person's word over the other. Now it's going to be up to the committee to sort it out. The court of public opinion is moot.
Trump has threatened to release tapes of the conversations, so if we are to believe his claims about the conversations he has to produce the tapes. If he does not produce the tapes, then we know he is lying about the some aspects of the conversations - which puts all his claims about the conversations into question. I don't believe there are tapes, but if there are tapes I think he will doctor them before releasing them. This is a no win situation for Trump. He has backed himself into a corner with his lies such there is no honorable path for going forward. Having a president who is a liar is very problematic given that he wants to make so many sweeping changes nationally and internationally, as the reasons he presents for making the changes cannot possibly be verified as having a sound foundation or justification.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:57 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Nope. Rubio didn't verify the INTENT. He did verified things that were said, the exact language and what Trump asked but he didn't verify the intent, maybe he tried but Comey didn't fall for it.

I'd suggest you use the thing between your ears when you listen to it again.

Keep lying to yourself.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:00 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump is saying that he will testify under oath before a congressional committee. This is good news, as I don't think he's capable of stringing two sentences together, without a lie connecting them. If he perjures himself, they will nail him to the wall.

Steve Bannon won't be allowed to sit behind him, feeding him things to say. He'll be all on his own and every word will be scrutinized. He obviously has no idea of what he's committed himself to do. The best defense his followers could raise, would be that he doesn't know what truth is, so must be excused from sticking to it.
True that. He interrupts one lie mid-lie to insert a new lie, then can't keep track of all the lies he's told. I find it amusing that he's accusing Comey, a law enforcement officer with a stellar reputation, of being a liar. But I don't think Trump will get in trouble no matter what he does. I can't help but think that if any Democrat were POTUS and did half the inappropriate things Trump has already done, he would be out of a job already.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:03 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Politifact has been PROVEN to be biased

"Who’s Checking the Fact Checkers?

"Now comes a study from the George Mason University Center for Media and Public Affairs that demonstrates empirically that PolitiFact.org, one of the nation's leading "fact checkers," finds that Republicans are dishonest in their claims three times as often as Democrats. "PolitiFact.com has rated Republican claims as false three times as often as Democratic claims during President Obama's second term," the Center said in a release, "despite controversies over Obama administration statements on Benghazi, the IRS and the AP.""

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...st-republicans

There are plenty of other evidence sites.
Trump said it didn't rain on him at the inauguration. It rained. On him. Fact.

"The crowd was unbelievable today. I looked at the rain, which just never came, you know, we finished the speech, went inside, it poured then we came outside," "The helicopter scene was an incredible scene, and then, amazingly it rained—like God was looking down on us."

Old 06-10-2017, 07:05 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Comey has NO history of lying,"

B.S.

"No reasonable prosecutor would file charges against Hillary" (or something close)

MANY prominent prosecutors came out and challenged is claim.
That is not a lie. It was his professional opinion. Big difference.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-11-2017 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-10-2017, 07:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
True that. He interrupts one lie mid-lie to insert a new lie, then can't keep track of all the lies he's told. I find it amusing that he's accusing Comey, a law enforcement officer with a stellar reputation, of being a liar. But I don't think Trump will get in trouble no matter what he does. I can't help but think that if any Democrat were POTUS and did half the inappropriate things Trump has already done, he would be out of a job already.
Evidently you've missed the documentation about Comey's history and performance. Stellar it is not.

He has been eroding his own reputation by decisions and actions he has taken. It appears he knew he was in trouble in recent years and was struggling to stay in his position.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I said how. He demonstrated that Comey set out from the beginning to make the POTUS look bad.
And that is Your Opinion.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Trump lies about simple, obvious things. He lies about nonsense.

The man lies to bolster his ego. He is like a novelist writing a story about himself for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies