Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 07:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A lot of folks have trouble adding things up.

It tends to happen when you believe lies.
Yes, like the one who "Got here quick as [he] could" to spread lies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 07:37 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Rubio nailed it.
At about 5 min 30 seconds, you can physically see Comey start to squirm.
Rubio shows why Comey is the FORMER head FBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2EHBd4Kyt4
First off, I wouldn't want to face Rubio in an adversarial trial situation. Comey comes off as a conniving little administrative twit. Trump had to fire him.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:47 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Default Trump’s son seems to confirm Comey’s account of the president’s comments on the Flynn investigation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a9aa679259d8

Donald Trump Jr. — the president's eldest son — seemed to confirm Comey's version of events in a Saturday interview on Fox News as he tried to emphasize the fact that his father did not directly order Comey to stop investigating Flynn.

“When he tells you to do something, guess what? There's no ambiguity in it, there's no, 'Hey, I'm hoping,'" Trump said. “You and I are friends: 'Hey, I hope this happens, but you've got to do your job.' That's what he told Comey. And for this guy as a politician to then go back and write a memo: 'Oh, I felt threatened.' He felt so threatened — but he didn't do anything.”

Sounds like the trumps need to get their stories straight.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:31 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
"Lordy, I hope there are tapes."

That doesn't sound scared to me.
WHY did he feel he needed to get his notes out into "the public square" before any tapes showed up?
Doesn't add up.

Waking up in the middle of the night like that does show some anxiety over what might befall him.

See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The guy is no country bumpkin.... Lordy = out of character = Nervousness.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, like the one who "Got here quick as [he] could" to spread lies!
Renumeration for posts maybe?

The sad part of all of this is all the time that's being wasted for NO actual end result. Trump will not be impeached or resign over anything that's been alleged so far.
Just a bunch of "puffery" from the politicians/MSM and wasted TV time.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:45 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a9aa679259d8

Donald Trump Jr. — the president's eldest son — seemed to confirm Comey's version of events in a Saturday interview on Fox News as he tried to emphasize the fact that his father did not directly order Comey to stop investigating Flynn.

“When he tells you to do something, guess what? There's no ambiguity in it, there's no, 'Hey, I'm hoping,'" Trump said. “You and I are friends: 'Hey, I hope this happens, but you've got to do your job.' That's what he told Comey. And for this guy as a politician to then go back and write a memo: 'Oh, I felt threatened.' He felt so threatened — but he didn't do anything.”

Sounds like the trumps need to get their stories straight.
This family is truly idiotic.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Just the fact that Comey wanted his memo shown to the NYT sounds shady. Why not to the NY Post as well?

Hmmmm....
The NY Post is a pathetic right wing rag that nobody takes seriously except you guys, that's why.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Dishonest answers?

Look, it has already been definitively established that he (the Trump Tower server) and his campaign and transition team were "wire tapped" (being surveilled), and that as a result of that surveillance, private citizens were illegally "unmasked."

The Democrats are purposely dragging this out, and they will continue to do so for as long as they can. This is their strategy, to obstruct the People's work. If they think this is helping them, they are mistaken. Democrats are exposing their own corruption, which is vast.
Trump and his team were not wiretapped. Trump is the one dragging this out and complicating the investigation. Maybe you have a link to the fisa request

Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The NY Post is a pathetic right wing rag that nobody takes seriously except you guys, that's why.
The opposite could be said and would be valid about several other "news" papers like the NY Times which has recently been proven by Comey to have printed FAKE news.
There are several news agencies who are soooo caught up in the race to be the first to print the ultimate "gotcha" on Trump and his administration that they've tossed all reasonably/ethically sourced investigative journalism to the winds.

The losers are the public, yes even die hard liberals and "never Trumpers" as they're being spoon fed bad/false/made up information which can result in false hopes and could lead to the need for psychotherapy for some.

Reasonableness has been tossed out the window on BOTH sides. Nobody is willing to wait and see what any investigation brings out and the really sad part? Nobody trusts the way our government works anymore from accepting election results to investigations.
I don't see anyone trusting the outcome of the "special investigator" no matter what he finds. One big issue is his long term friendship with Comey. Given Comey's latest testimony I think he should be removed and a new person found.

If he finds no harm/foul with Trump and/or his team I don't believe the left/never Trumpers will accept that either.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:55 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
What's really impressive our President does this for no pay. He donates his salary to good causes. Hillary took millions in bribes from foreign countries as Secretary of State. Can you imagine what a chit show Hillary would have turned the White House into. She would be making billions in side deals while telling her blind and mindless minions how fortunate they were to have voted her into the presidency and she is watching out for their interests. ROTFLMAO!

Hell has a special place for this wench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies