Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 07:14 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times

Advertisements

Based on all the evidence to date both men have provided over their lifetime, Donald J Trump wins in a HUGE landslide. He is a serial liar in the pantheon of all time liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 07:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What did he nailed? He pronounced the words correctly??

Comey said several times in the hearing that meeting with the then FBI Director one v one and telling him to drop an investigation take on a very different meaning than just talking about it on, say, Twitter.
Comey couldn't make up his mind whether he was being directed to do so, or just getting a by-the-way "I hope..." comment. After the fact, when he had to write his 'cover' memo, he decided which way he would interpret it. Yet, he did not take the action required if he considered the President's action as clearly improper. This shows that privately he didn't really believe it was anything significant. But, for show, he had to spin in.

See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Comey specifically verified the INTENT of the language to which Rubio set for him. Rubio asked him several questions, applying an intent through behavior and asked Comey if this is what he would agree it could be. In his questioning, he also verified that Comey did not take any action under his authority to even question or report the president properly for the actions he was making "assumptions" that Trump was taking.

Basically, for those who are a little slow, this entire exchange shows Comey of his OWN ADMISSION that his claim of Trump is not warranted or valid.

Next time, watch the video and use that piece of meat between your ears. It is more than just a hat stand.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:16 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I watched it. What did he nail? What's your gotcha?
Agreed. I watched it three times to see what I was missing.

No smoking gun there. But if being comfortable, while being grilled by partisans, who are looking for opportunities to grandstand is the proof of job competency, the Janet Yellen owns it!

All Little Rubio did was repeat previous questions and receive exactly the same response, to Comey's credit. Comey even corrected HIM.

Also, after being so publicly demeaned by Trump , what boot licker would now be buddies?

Last edited by shaker281; 06-10-2017 at 07:46 AM..

Old 06-10-2017, 07:18 AM

And if anyone is suggesting that Trump is concise and to the point, so should be easy to comprehend, then I've got lots of video to destroy THAT inaccuracy!

Old 06-10-2017, 07:19 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Rubio nailed it.
At about 5 min 30 seconds, you can physically see Comey start to squirm.
Rubio shows why Comey is the FORMER head FBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2EHBd4Kyt4
Not sure what you are seeing, but Coemy's demeanor did not change during that exchange. And the Director of the FBI is no there to stroke the president's ego and announce to the county that he is not personally under investigation.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:20 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I just finished repping you for another post.

Now, I'd remove half a point (), because I disagree about cops' gut feelings being usually right. I have more to say about that, but it might be considered to be off-topic, so I will not write more on that subject here, since this is about Comey's testimony and all that was discussed during it.

Comey, on the other hand, was an experienced, intelligent FBI agent/Director, and I think we agree that his gut feelings, based on a long, successful career, were right on the money concerning Trump's behavior, especially at the event where Trump made everyone leave the room so he could better pressure Comey.

Where I fault Comey is in accepting a last-minute (same day) dinner invitation at the White House in the first place. Trump has tended to invite people to dinner and then screw them over. He likes to apply pressure one on one. Comey already had a date with his wife lined up for the evening. He could have either politely declined (or postponed) the invitation or even suggested that the President and his wife join them in a public restaurant (or Comey's home) with others present.

Trump is an untrustworthy, lying bully, and in my opinion, he does covertly tape conversations regularly with everyone, and that he is now stalling and trying to determine how best to use those tapes to prepare for an eventual political "event". If it is determined by Trump's numerous lawyers that it is best that he not share the tapes publicly or even with an agency like the FBI, then he won't, but he will use the tapes to prepare. Trump's own brain is insufficient to remember what happened.

Comey, on the other hand, took extensive notes immediately after each meeting with Trump, based on his astute gut feelings, which proved to be true—since Trump fired him.

He is now a private citizen and can release his own notes publicly, since they do not jeopardize national security. Also, he was extremely careful during testimony by saying that he could not discuss some things in the public forum, and would do so only with
the committee behind doors.
In light of recent events (Reality Winner) it is conceivable that Trump met privately with Comey to spring a "canary trap"... looks like it worked.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump lies about simple, obvious things. He lies about nonsense.

The man lies to bolster his ego. He is like a novelist writing a story about himself for himself.
He "lies about nonsense" and the left gets their panties in a twist (over "nonsense").

Go figure.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:21 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
is it left brain vs right brain what? how can people not see nothing Rubio said made any impact against Comey? I give up- this orange kool aid is extremely potent- might take years of rehab to set them free-

Old 06-10-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Not sure what you are seeing, but Coemy's demeanor did not change during that exchange. And the Director of the FBI is not there to stroke the president's ego and announce to the county that he is not personally under investigation.
But, apparently Rubio is!

Old 06-10-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Not sure what you are seeing, but Coemy's demeanor did not change during that exchange. And the Director of the FBI is no there to stroke the president's ego and announce to the county that he is not personally under investigation.
But he did. He verified that the President was not under investigation. That's no stroke of ego, it's fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies