Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:34 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think the leftist nut-cases should take all this hateful rage they have for President Trump and learn from history:

Looks like the hateful Left has revived the Salem witch-hunts..... opening Pandoras box. Be careful what you wish for:

"As a wave of hysteria spread throughout colonial Massachusetts, a special court convened in Salem to hear the cases; the first convicted witch, Bridget Bishop, was hanged that June.

Eighteen others followed Bishop to Salem’s Gallows Hill, while some 150 more men, women and children were accused over the next several months. By September 1692, the hysteria had begun to abate and public opinion turned against the trials. Though the Massachusetts General Court later annulled guilty verdicts against accused witches and granted indemnities to their families, bitterness lingered in the community, and the painful legacy of the Salem witch trials would endure for centuries."

Salem Witch Trials - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
It's interesting how you blame the "hateful left" - Comey is a Republican. Rosenstein who appointed Mueller is a Republican. Mueller is a Republican.

This is just an investigation to get to the truth....If Trump is innocent then he has no worries,
he should be glad - this will clear his name. If he is guilty....no one is above the law...not even
the POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 08:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you point a finger how many point back--- remember the days of I am going to appoint a" special prosecutor and lock her up lock her up-- karma is a boomerang...

Ya, that would have looked revengeful wouldn't it
That is why he appointed Rosenstein, so he could do it.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Why Liberals can't win with the SC Mueller investigation
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is no win or lose in this!

The object of it all is to stop further Russian meddling in our national affairs. It is not an effort to get Trump, nor has it ever been one.

Trump himself has stated he has nothing to worry about, so I take it as a given, and I'm sure lots of others do too. I certainly hope there is nothing there that will implicate him, because that will cause a greater disruption in our nation than anything, and will only encourage the Russians to increase their tampering. They would love nothing more that to see us fighting with each other instead of opposing their own plans.
That is right. There is no win or lose in this. But Justice is important.
And we need the investigation to find out the truth. Good or bad.

If Trump is innocent as he says, then no worries this should clear his name in the matter.
I would think that he would gladly and warmly welcome that.

This whole thing has been very hard for our country....and it may get even harder.
I pray for the sake of our country, that it this turns out to be nothing. But for the sake of our
Country, this issue has to be addressed.

And Mueller is a Republican. And from everything that I hear, beyond reproach.
I am sure he will do a thorough and above board investigation.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Lying is not a crime. If it was congress would conduct business from a federal prison.
Yes, if lying was a crime, Bill Clinton would have been impeached. Oh, wait... he was.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:12 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Oh, make no mistakes about it, they are going after Trump. You can't just willy nilly sell out your country for a business loan and expect that people will sit idly by.
No. But a lot of people sure think that's the purpose.

It's much to the good that the investigation is centered on finding out everything that can be found as to how, when, who and why the Russians hacked us.

A sell-out can only happen a few times at most before it's discovered, and when discovery happens, it stops.

The Russian hacking won't stop. The best we can do is to block it so well as to make it a lot harder than it was the first time, and we're pretty good hackers, too.

But until we know just what they got away with while they were still in a learning curve, we won't ever know when the next hack hits or how bad it will be.

The Russians could find a way to turn off the power grid on the entire East Coast just as easily as hack into a state's election computers. Or they could open some critical dam spillways up and lock them open just when the water storage is critically needed.

Anything, just to screw with us. Take it to the bank they won't quit and will escalate things if the can. They want to keep us as distracted as they possibly can so we won't be watching them and standing in their way, countering their own plans.

The more they can get us to fighting with each other instead of watching them, the better off Putin and his band of brigands will be. Since deniablility is essential to cyber war, we have to know an outlaw's signature before we can stop him cold.

Mueller understands all this well. He was in charge when the DHS was created, and he's seen cyber war since its infancy.

And, as waging war goes, cyber war is damned cheap. It only loses its ability when it's discovered.

We are in the beginnings of a very dark fight for the sovereignty of our minds, the integrity of our government, and our dominance as a superpower nation on the world stage. Mere killing is all too easy to do now. Minds are a much trickier matter to control, but a lot more productive than dead bodies for our enemies.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:35 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times
"Liberals" have already used Trumps own words and actions to put him in a serious bind. And this will continue for at least another year. Trump's approval keeps dropping, congress is tied up in committee and getting no help from this administration, rather the opposite. Mid terms are approaching and Trump and his team have all hired private lawyers.

If the Trump supporters want to believe that there is Trump "victory" in this somewhere, then have at it! LOL

Old 06-16-2017, 01:21 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Comey and Mueller's friendship go way back. They were both involved with the Stephen Hatfill case which they managed to totally botch. Hatfill was the guy they tried to convict (who was innocent) on the 2001 anthrax case. At that time, Comey described Mueller as his "dear friend."

Good article here on some of Comey and Mueller's screwups:

James Comey Has A Long History Of Questionable Obstruction Cases

From Martha Stewart to Frank Quattrone to Steven Hatfill, former FBI director James Comey has left a long trail of highly questionable obstruction of justice cases that he used to make a name for himself.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:53 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Match was too strong a word, but when we're talking about a thousand nukes, it doesn't even matter. Better to be friends than enemies. I don't know how old you are, but I grew up during the Cold War, and I don't want to worry about world annihilation again.
I remember the Cuban missle crisis. Our babysitter made us hide behind the couch. I certainly remember Reagan showing Russia who is the boss. Now you people want it the other way around with Russia pushing us around. Being cooperative with them has benefitted us in such things as sharing costs of a space station. When they help install a criminal in the WH, however, there is no love lost.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:00 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I remember the Cuban missle crisis. Our babysitter made us hide behind the couch. I certainly remember Reagan showing Russia who is the boss. Now you people want it the other way around with Russia pushing us around. Being cooperative with them has benefitted us in such things as sharing costs of a space station. When they help install a criminal in the WH, however, there is no love lost.
Just know that the Russians will always make sure they benefit at least as much in every venture they engage in with us.
The space station is just as valuable to them as it is to us, that's for sure.

And when engaging in cyber war, keeping up appearances has never been more important.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:26 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is no win or lose in this!

The object of it all is to stop further Russian meddling in our national affairs. It is not an effort to get Trump, nor has it ever been one.

Trump himself has stated he has nothing to worry about, so I take it as a given, and I'm sure lots of others do too. I certainly hope there is nothing there that will implicate him, because that will cause a greater disruption in our nation than anything, and will only encourage the Russians to increase their tampering. They would love nothing more that to see us fighting with each other instead of opposing their own plans.
Right. I don't like the Blond Bozo, but this is first and foremost about investigating possible Russian meddling in our internal affairs, and how to block it in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies