Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 06:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Difficult to believe with an admin such as this, but Mueller is a straight shooter. Nobody cares if the alt-right or Trump attempt to smear him.

He is squeaky clean and and the GOP and Dems in DC alike know this. Bashing Mueller or firing him is a major loser for Trump, who would be wise to keep his head down and wait until the investigation is done. Mueller is a known honorable guy. Trump is not. If Trump interferes or tries to fire him, guaranteed he is toast.

Read Mueller's bio. Then read Trump's bio--and especially note the Vietnam years. Then let's revisit this subject.

"...Mueller earned an M.A. in international relations from New York University in 1967 and a Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1973, where he served on the Virginia Law Review.

Mueller enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending officer candidate school, Army Ranger School and Army jump school. He then served as an officer leading a rifle platoon of the 3rd Marine Division during the Vietnam War; he eventually became aide-de-camp to 3rd Marine Division's commanding general. He received the Bronze Star, two Commendation Medals, the Purple Heart and the Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 06:19 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why liberals can't win with the SC Mueller investigation. Gregg Jarrett makes the case.

Lets try something new and stick to the issues and leave out the personal attacks on those involved. ( Its not a requirement, only a request, I'm not expecting it to work but worth a try ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2gBrCs_H0

Mueller must recuse himself.

Deputy A G McCabb appointed someone that doesn't meet the requirements of S.C.

President Trump could fire Deputy A G MaCabb with cause also, even though he doesn't need cause.

FBI Broke Rules Talking to the White House About Russia | Time.com
I totally agree with him.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is no win or lose in this!

The object of it all is to stop further Russian meddling in our national affairs. It is not an effort to get Trump, nor has it ever been one.

Trump himself has stated he has nothing to worry about, so I take it as a given, and I'm sure lots of others do too. I certainly hope there is nothing there that will implicate him, because that will cause a greater disruption in our nation than anything, and will only encourage the Russians to increase their tampering. They would love nothing more that to see us fighting with each other instead of opposing their own plans.
You take what as a given? Surely you're not going to say that you take it as a given that Trump is telling the truth? He has an unparalleled reputation for lying, going back to his days as an unscrupulous developer, when he could lie flagrantly without penalty, and it's only now that it's catching up with him.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You take what as a given? Surely you're not going to say that you take it as a given that Trump is telling the truth? He has an unparalleled reputation for lying, going back to his days as an unscrupulous developer, when he could lie flagrantly without penalty, and it's only now that it's catching up with him.
Lying is not a crime. If it was congress would conduct business from a federal prison.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:41 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
you point a finger how many point back--- remember the days of I am going to appoint a" special prosecutor and lock her up lock her up-- karma is a boomerang...

Old 06-15-2017, 06:56 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Telling lies about people, is not forgiven. Not even in the courts.
You should tweet this gem of wisdom to the Donald. Not that he would pay heed to it.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
When Mueller was appointed everyone sang his praises now this.

I can't keep up.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:08 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is no win or lose in this!

The object of it all is to stop further Russian meddling in our national affairs. It is not an effort to get Trump, nor has it ever been one.

Trump himself has stated he has nothing to worry about, so I take it as a given, and I'm sure lots of others do too. I certainly hope there is nothing there that will implicate him, because that will cause a greater disruption in our nation than anything, and will only encourage the Russians to increase their tampering. They would love nothing more that to see us fighting with each other instead of opposing their own plans.
Dude, the Russians are pretty happy right now with the way the Democrats are behaving. You are the ones playing into their hands and making a washed up superpower with an economy the size of one of our middling states seem like a great empire again. At the same time making us appear divided and weak. Good job!

Old 06-15-2017, 07:10 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Dude, the Russians are pretty happy right now with the way the Democrats are behaving. You are the ones playing into their hands and making a washed up superpower with an economy the size of one of our middling states seem like a great empire again. At the same time making us appear divided and weak. Good job!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 06-15-2017, 07:26 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Mueller and Comey are ex coworkers and among the most senior law enforcement leaders in the US. They have worked together extensively.

None of that would give any reason why Mueller cannot do the SC job. He is not investigating the firing of Comey. He is investigating whether there was collusion with the Russian and whether it was covered up.

I doubt very much they will find any collusion but a coverup? Maybe.
Many sources say they have a personal relationship, and that outright disqualifies Mueller.

This isn't something vague here, Mueller must recuse himself immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies