Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 10:34 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump cultists lie. About everything. The above post pretty much confirms it.

Not one person on this thread called a boy scout a Nazi.
Nor have I seen any liberal media reports about that these boys were Nazis.

What I and others have said is that it looked like a Hitler youth rally and that's nothing the Boy Scouts of America should be involved in.

Blondy twisted that into a false accusation. It's a strategy used by those who want to derail/divert a conversation.

Google KellyAnne Conway and watch one of her interviews. At times, she's quite good at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 10:36 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You are correct. They called them Hitler Youth.

What do you think that means?

Hitler Youth was part of the Nazi Party.
No, you're still lying. No one said the Scouts were Hitler Youth. People said that Trump's speech was reminiscent of a Hitler Youth rally (which is certainly true).

Re-read the thread and get back to us when you're willing to confront reality.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
No, you're still lying. No one said the Scouts were Hitler Youth. People said that Trump's speech was reminiscent of a Hitler Youth rally (which is certainly true).

You do the same.

Its clear to anyone reading this thread that the left is willing to smear children with the Nazi label in order to further their agenda.

You can walk it back all you want, but your words are here for everyone to see.

How despicable can people be to call American children Nazis? Beyond the pale.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:43 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nor have I seen any liberal media reports about that these boys were Nazis.

What I and others have said is that it looked like a Hitler youth rally and that's nothing the Boy Scouts of America should be involved in.

Blondy twisted that into a false accusation. It's a strategy used by those who want to derail/divert a conversation.

Google KellyAnne Conway and watch one of her interviews. At times, she's quite good at it.
Fortunately, Hitler seemed to have a goal for society, and Trump just seems to want to give the impression "Look at me! Look at me! I'm glorious" so I doubt he's as dangerous...unless we get into a war with another major power. Then we're screwed.

It is of course a lie that you said the children seemed like or were Nazis. You just complained about the speech seeming like a Hitler youth rally...and I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it definitely came closer to that than it should have.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:46 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
You do the same.

Its clear to anyone reading this thread that the left is willing to smear children with the Nazi label in order to further their agenda.

Nobody (at least recently on this thread) called the children Nazis. They called Trump an asshat for making a speech that resulted in an environment that seems somewhat like a Hitler Youth rally. The jackass should have known better. Some people are also blaming the Boy Scouts for having allowed it to continue, but nobody called them Nazis or Hitler Youth either.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
You do the same.

And there you have it, folks.

Nobody but Blondy is calling American children Nazis.

Trump got up in front of 40,000 kids and rambled about about his own political vendettas, partying on yachts, and various other matters.

Parents are appalled.

Scout leaders are disgusted.

BSA leadership has issued two apologies.

SOS Tillerson, the former BSA President, has disappeared rather than answer questions about it.

There is no defense for Trump turning this event into a political rally.

So what's a person whose mission is defending Trump supposed to do?

Do what Trump does. Make false accusations to divert attention.

Won't work this time. We're on to it.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:

I hope Blondy doesn't wait that long.

I enjoy her posts. They demonstrate a level of intellectual functioning that many pro-Trump posts, alas, do not.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:01 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
I was a Scout, but my son will not be a Scout if this is the organization in 2017.

I will not have my son participate in a political organization; and I sure as hell won't have him participate in something that looked like a Hitler Youth rally.

Trump is the exact opposite of everything I hope for my son. He is antithetical to everything I stand for, and I thought the BSA had the same ideals.
It cant "look" like a Hitler Youth rally unless you are calling the children involved Nazis.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
It cant "look" like a Hitler Youth rally unless you are calling the children involved Nazis.
Still not working.

Nobody called the kids Nazis.

It was what Trump was doing that everyone is disgusted with.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I don't think Reagan went.
nancy attended on his behalf. reagan was recovering from surgery.

nixon attended as VP but not as POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies