Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 08:40 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
By contrast, if I were to discover that my kids had behaved that way, I'd wonder where I went wrong in raising them. Also, my children have never participated in Scouts alone. My husband or I (or both of us) have always been registered leaders and active in the pack or troop, so we were well aware of what was happening.
When I was a Cub leader, I could not get parents to be involved. I even once sent them a newsletter with a subtle threat: "...you don't know me very well, so let's meet..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:44 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
By contrast, if I were to discover that my kids had behaved that way, I'd wonder where I had gone wrong in raising them. Also, my children have never participated in Scouts alone. My husband or I (or both of us) have always been registered leaders and active in the pack or troop, so we were well aware of what was happening. A Scoutmaster would not have needed to step in on our behalf, because one or both of us would have been there.
You got a point. If one of our kids had behaved this way, we would have taken a close look at what we teaching them.

But I'm pretty sure none of our kids are stomping and clapping at Trump rallies. I can breathe easy there.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
How sad that liberals must resort to calling thousands of American children Nazi's to further their political agenda.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,378,401 times
Trump is a disgrace. How dare him primarily talk about self and his personal vendettas to America's childern. He also did this in front of our military personnel in past engagements.

Disgusting.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
How sad that liberals must resort to calling thousands of American children Nazi's to further their political agenda.
You are mistaken. Nobody is calling American children Nazis.

What is being pointed out is that the Boy Scout leadership and Trump put on a event that looks eerily similar to Nazi youth rallies.

But then you know that, don't you?

Old 07-27-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What is sad is Trump using 40,000 American Boy Scout leaders and boys to further his own hateful political agenda.

Defending Trump's shameful behavior is bound to be a challenge. No doubt about it.

But line this isn't working.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:06 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You are mistaken. Nobody is calling American children Nazis.

What is being pointed out is that the Boy Scout leadership and Trump put on a event that looks eerily similar to Nazi youth rallies.

But then you know that, don't you?

Yep go ahead try to walk it back.

But, the fact remains that many of ya'll are screaming Hitler Youth as well as the media.

Hitler Youth was a part of the Nazi party.

Calling American kids Nazi's is not a good look. And ya'll wonder why you lost the election.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:22 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,355,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
In these 600+ pages of this thread one thing is noticeably missing--and that's an apology from the president. Which the scouts, and the rest of the country, will never get. Because as we all know (because Trump told us), he never apologizes because he never makes mistakes.

Look at the dissent and destruction he leaves in his wake. But he goes on his merry way, to cause more, without ever taking responsibility for his words or his actions.

What a great role model he is.

He's a dispicable human being.
Because he only cares about Trump, and Trump's glory, and he couldn't even consider that perhaps it would be inappropriate to turn a Boy Scouts Jamboree into a political rally. That seems like something new to me. I don't remember presidential candidates like that before. I don't agree with a great many of Bush's decisions, but he didn't seem so obviously driven by ego to me. He knew how to ignore public pressure. He actually could have some pretty thick skin. I remember hearing about Bush's having his picture hung, and he said "Welcome to my hanging" in acknowledgement of how disliked he was.

Obama and Bill Clinton, yeah they focused on trying to appear cool, but it was to gain popularity and votes. You could tell they planned their speeches in advance. Hillary Clinton was probably the most robotic, inhuman speakers I've ever seen, but that sheer robot-like nature pretty much proved she cared about her public image for something beyond her ego.

Nobody seems as egotistical as Trump.

No more celebrities for president unless their qualifications are very, very carefully considered, from now on. Holding onto one's personal wealth while driving one's businesses into bankruptcy doesn't count as sufficient enough of a qualification. It was a an interesting test. It didn't work. Let's not do it again.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:35 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Boy scout apologizes for Trump's speech.

Boy Scouts apologize for 'political rhetoric' in Trump speech | Fox News

Please note that it's fox news before you call this fake news.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:37 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You mean the event that Obama blew off every year? What a pathetic excuse for a president he was.
Um.... They have it every 4 years. And yes, Obama attended last time.

Remember, lying violates one of the 10 commandments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies