Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 12:02 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Just my speculation... I think it may not be something directly with Trump-Putin collusion and more something shady with his pre-Presidency business dealings, potentially with Russians and also other international stakeholders. It would come full circle as to why he was so eager to keep all his finances out of any public scrutiny. We basically know nothing about how this guy has really operated for the last several decades. And yes, he does seem afraid. The way he is acting now with the obstruction and lying just suggests that he has something out there that he wants to keep out of the spotlight.
I agree and it could be about Russia funding his businesses. Eric Trump said in 2014 that they get all the money they need from Russia.

Eric Trump Reportedly Bragged About Access to $100 Million in Russian | Vanity Fair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 12:21 AM

23,640 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm wondering just what Russia has on Trump. He seems much more afraid as Mueller keeps working.
It is probably not Russia that Trump worries about, it's a wet behind the ears Associate Attorney General and a leaky Congress.

If both Sessions and Rosenstein are recused then Associate AG Brand would be the one who receives the report from Mueller. It would be up to her to decide if charges need to be made, or, if there is nothing there. If she decides that there is nothing there, it does not just stop there. Brand would have to hand the investigative material over to Congress .. which, if Mueller digs into Trump's private business, then all of that info will be in the hands of Congress ... and may end up being leaked. If it does get leaked then the world will know everything there is to know about his private business, which could end up putting Trump, his business, and his administration in-between a rock and a hard spot. Nefarious people might use that private business info, even if all of the info is on the up-and-up, to try to pressure the president into dealing with them - they would be crawling out of the woodwork. To keep that from happening then Brand would have to try to suppress that information from Congress - and it would be a massive fight. While Brand has been in the the business for awhile, she's not as knowledgeable as Sessions, Rosenstein, even Cruz, when it comes to dealing with these matters. No doubt that Trump knows all of this and wants an AG that is not recused, and, one who has the knowledge and experience to deal with whatever comes up.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Mueller, unlike Trump, is a man with a strong reputation of integrity. For that matter, so is Comey. Trump will never be half the man Mueller was, even before his years of public service. His record of personal integrity probably puts you or me to shame, for that matter.

Neither Mueller nor Comey have a history of engaging in witch hunts and crooked politics; they have built reputations as men who have a dedication to justice and who follow the evidence

Trump, on the other hand, has no hesitation about engaging in dishonorable, dishonest, and crooked behavior.

It has been noted before that the FBI has collected real forensic data of Russian hacking into our elections. These are dedicated professionals with the best training and technology at their disposal; they are more trustworthy than you. Trump is the one who decided to lie and obstruct the investigation, for reasons that remain unclear.

That you recite Trump's lies and refuse to recognize the legitimacy of the Justice Department's investigation into the evidence gives serious misgivings about your own personal direction.
Comey had integrity they said too.
Now he has a good chance of going to jail. Integrity is the password for one of us, until they get caught. Then its, I don't know what happen to him. He changed. Changed my ass.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It is probably not Russia that Trump worries about, it's a wet behind the ears Associate Attorney General and a leaky Congress.

If both Sessions and Rosenstein are recused then Associate AG Brand would be the one who receives the report from Mueller. It would be up to her to decide if charges need to be made, or, if there is nothing there. If she decides that there is nothing there, it does not just stop there. Brand would have to hand the investigative material over to Congress .. which, if Mueller digs into Trump's private business, then all of that info will be in the hands of Congress ... and may end up being leaked. If it does get leaked then the world will know everything there is to know about his private business, which could end up putting Trump, his business, and his administration in-between a rock and a hard spot. Nefarious people might use that private business info, even if all of the info is on the up-and-up, to try to pressure the president into dealing with them - they would be crawling out of the woodwork. To keep that from happening then Brand would have to try to suppress that information from Congress - and it would be a massive fight. While Brand has been in the the business for awhile, she's not as knowledgeable as Sessions, Rosenstein, even Cruz, when it comes to dealing with these matters. No doubt that Trump knows all of this and wants an AG that is not recused, and, one who has the knowledge and experience to deal with whatever comes up.
That is the risk Trump took to run. Trump made all kinds of promises that he would sell his businesses, put them in a trust, not be involved, etc. and none of that has happened. He said his children wouldn't be involved and he has two in the White House and four were in tech meetings. If Trump is vulnerable, he would always be vulnerable and that is something he knew before he ran. If a businessman has something to hide, he probably should not be running for president of the U.S. Not on ounce of pity on that score.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:30 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
I'm telling you... I would put dollars down on it now that in a matter of weeks we will be talking about the Constitutional fallout from Trump's firing of Mueller. Trump has too much to hide and he is too driven by his narcissism and fear to think strategically about consequences. He's just the kind of guy to trample on our Constitutional principles to protect his own hide if necessary. Mueller will crawl up his ass and shatter his act to the point where even the cons won't be able to ignore it, and Trump cannot afford that.
I'm not so sure that it is going to be so easy for Trump to get rid of Mueller as Nixon did. From what I've read, there now has to be a formal DOJ hearing, with accusations made, evidence submitted, etc before a final ruling is determined. And that final ruling can also be appealed to the fed courts. Of course, Mueller could also just leave if he wishes, but that'd be entirely different.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mueller should be fired. He is conducting a pure witch hunt
These Trump folks sure are afraid of where a real investigation might lead.

BTW, is there something wrong with "hunting witches"? Seems like a healthy activity to me!

Old 07-26-2017, 12:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
And we should always attack the people who bring illegality and bad behavior to light (leakers).

Rob a bank and someone rats you out? It's their fault for leaking!

Shoot a man at the ATM for $50 bucks and a witness comes forward. Dirty leaking bastids!

Old 07-26-2017, 12:40 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Mueller should be fired. He is conducting a pure witch hunt
Do you think witches don't exist?

Old 07-26-2017, 12:50 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Do you think witches don't exist?
Of course they do. They post here all the time and start threads too.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:52 AM

23,640 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That is the risk Trump took to run. Trump made all kinds of promises that he would sell his businesses, put them in a trust, not be involved, etc. and none of that has happened. He said his children wouldn't be involved and he has two in the White House and four were in tech meetings. If Trump is vulnerable, he would always be vulnerable and that is something he knew before he ran. If a businessman has something to hide, he probably should not be running for president of the U.S. Not on ounce of pity on that score.
Yes it was a risk that he decided to take. I don't recall him ever making a promise to sell his businesses. I do recall that he said that his kids would run it, and they apparently are , through a blind trust.

Whether he has his businesses in the hands of his kids, through a blind trust, or in the hands of a team of lawyers, or others, in a blind trust .. he would still be vulnerable if his private business info is laid open for the world to see. Any person would be vulnerable, whether it's a business or a charity foundation, if the private practices are made known to the public.

You automatically jump to the "if he has something to hide" angle. If he has nothing to hide then he'd still be vulnerable if Congress gets ahold of the info and leaks it.

Geez, people were gnashing their teeth afraid that he might be blackmailed by Putin over something that has not even been proven to be true, yet are cavalier about Congress possibly leaking info that could possibly end up being just as harmful as blackmail.

I don't get the left. They obviously want another cold war with Russia, or, from posts on here - want to bomb Russia - over something that hasn't been proven to have a shred of proof to it. They are afraid that Putin could blackmail Trump - for something that hasn't been proven to have a shred of proof to it. Yet, they don't care in the least if someone could use private business practices against the administration.
Heck, if Hillary had won and her foundation were being investigated, I would NOT want that info publicized anymore then I would want Trumps business practices publicized. Ya'll are just weird if you want that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies