Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 05:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I at this point don't care - stopped watching football - haven't purchased new NFL sweatshirts and tees this year and find I'm doing just fine not watching the game. And I have stopped using the products of the sponsors as well as wrote them letters. I've found alternatives to their products and it's actually saved us money - so in the long run - guess I have to thank the kneelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Actually, we, the majority DO GET TO DECIDE. Why? Because we, the majority AKA the fans are footing the bill for the follies of the NFL and their disrespectful kneeling players. Even if I don't watch any games anymore which I don't plan on doing anytime soon, my money continues to support the NFL by subscribing to ESPN which cannot be removed from my cable package. So, no I won't get over it. Neither will anyone else until this ends with the players standing up or out of the game. I would accept either outcome.

*Snowflake Alert*

However, that's your right.

Notice how they keep avoiding the question if they'll boycott/complain about businesses/individuals who actually violate the flag code?

Old 10-24-2017, 06:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Default 'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
So you found an example.. wow. I will tell you this right now..you can find an example of about ANYTHING if you look hard enough.
Examples that confirm the DOJ's systemic findings in Baltimore as well:

Quote:
The department found reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
  • Conducting stops, searches and arrests without meeting the requirements of the Fourth Amendment;
  • Focusing enforcement strategies on African Americans, leading to severe and unjustified racial disparities in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Safe Streets Act;
  • Using unreasonable force in violation of the Fourth Amendment;
  • Interacting with individuals with mental health disabilities in a manner that violates the Americans with Disabilities Act; and
  • Interfering with the right to free expression in violation of the First Amendment.

The department also identified serious concerns about other BPD practices, including an inadequate response to reports of sexual assault, which may result, at least in part, from underlying gender bias. Another significant concern identified by the department was transport practices that place detainees at significant risk of harm.

In the agreement in principle, both parties agreed that compliance with the consent decree will be reviewed by an independent monitor. The agreement in principle highlights specific areas of reform to be included in the consent decree, including:
  • Policies, training, data collection and analysis to allow for the assessment of officer activity and to ensure that officers’ actions conform to legal and constitutional requirements;
  • Technology and infrastructure to ensure capability to effectively monitor officer activity;
  • Officer support to ensure that officers are equipped to perform their jobs effectively and constitutionally; and
  • Community policing strategies to guide all aspects of BPD’s operations and help rebuild the relationship between BPD and the various communities it serves.
Justice Department Announces Findings of Investigation into Baltimore Police Department

Justice Department Finds a Pattern of Civil Rights Violations by the Baltimore Police Department
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department

Old 10-24-2017, 06:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
So you found an example.. wow. I will tell you this right now..you can find an example of about ANYTHING if you look hard enough.
It's not hard to find these examples.
KING: Black man shot by cops after calling to report robbery - NY Daily News

Police stop man 258 times, charge him with trespassing at work - NY Daily News

Old 10-24-2017, 07:32 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Ah Sean King, the blackest white person since Rachel Dozenal. That dude has a serious mental disorder. It was so bad the NYDN didn't renew his contract. You know he had to be one of the purveyors of fake inaccurate news and, racist, biased opinions if the NYDN quietly gave him the boot.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:17 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Wow you found 2 .... Is it worthy of country-wide protests?? NO

Old 10-25-2017, 04:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Wow you found 2 .... Is it worthy of country-wide protests?? NO
Wow.....you found one.

Wow.....you found two.

There was another thread where I was listing a bunch of examples of what the protesters are trying to stop but no one would touch that thread. One could list examples all day.

Yes, it is worthy of a country wide protest. Ruby will be allowed in your school.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Wow.....you found one.

Wow.....you found two.

There was another thread where I was listing a bunch of examples of what the protesters are trying to stop but no one would touch that thread. One could list examples all day.

Yes, it is worthy of a country wide protest. Ruby will be allowed in your school.
zzzzzz...what really needs to be done is when a bad apple is present..punish it. Don't punish all the other apples/

Old 10-25-2017, 05:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
zzzzzz...what really needs to be done is when a bad apple is present..punish it. Don't punish all the other apples/
I have no clue what you are getting at. No one is asking for all cops to be fired and prosecuted. What is being asked for is that when one does do wrong they are fired and or prosecuted as opposed to people making excuses for them and covering up their crimes.

We have seen some progress there because of the protests and the expansion of video which the protests also drove.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:46 AM

[quote=pknopp;49923959]I have no clue what you are getting at. No one is asking for all cops to be fired and prosecuted. What is being asked for is that when one does do wrong they are fired and or prosecuted as opposed to people making excuses for them and covering up their crimes.

We have seen some progress there because of the protests and the expansion of video which the protests also drove.[/QUO

Well on that I agree with you then. Nobody wants to see a person in authority overstep their bounds and get away with it.. However, it also becomes a grey line between criminals who run from police or don't comply and innocent victims. In ALMOST every case, its a lack of compliance...again I said almost.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:20 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no clue what you are getting at. No one is asking for all cops to be fired and prosecuted. What is being asked for is that when one does do wrong they are fired and or prosecuted as opposed to people making excuses for them and covering up their crimes.

We have seen some progress there because of the protests and the expansion of video which the protests also drove.
Agree. Additionally, why not implement some or all of these recommendations (& consider others as well)? As in a critical & creative thinking approach:
  • Policies, training, data collection and analysis to allow for the assessment of officer activity and to ensure that officers’ actions conform to legal and constitutional requirements;
  • Technology and infrastructure to ensure capability to effectively monitor officer activity;
  • Officer support to ensure that officers are equipped to perform their jobs effectively and constitutionally; and
  • Community policing strategies to guide all aspects of BPD’s operations and help rebuild the relationship between BPD and the various communities it serves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies