Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 06:26 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I have traveled many parts of this country and I have met many different people from all walks of life and I can tell you racism is more prevalent in certain parts of the country than others and in my experience African American people are far more racist than anyone else. Their racism isn't targeted at just whites. It's towards all people.

This situation has been going for weeks and months and after listening to the complaints that the players have I feel like it's still the wrong way to go about it protesting the way they are. The flag and National anthem have nothing to do with getting affordable bail. Go to a different country and steal something and bail isn't even an option. Some countries will cut your hand off. Police brutality has nothing to do with the National anthem. Other countries, like Mexico, Brazil many South American countries the cops there will beat you and leave you dead on the street. No calling an ambulance. Your bail is how much money you have in your pocket at the time f your arrest and if it's not enough to bribe the cop forget about it.

The community has an entitlement and chip on its shoulder that people outside looking in just don't understand. Since the majority of people can't or won't understand the African Amercian community will label everyone a racist. But the reality is the exact opposite. It really feels more like non-violent domestic terrorism to me. Besides, If you truly want change you stand up and fight. Kneeling is for those who succumb to defeat.
Bravo, well said.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:29 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd think a real football fan isnt going to stop watching or going to games just because a few people make a protest while the national anthem is being played,if you have stopped watching games as a consequence of the kneeing then you werent much of a football fan to begin with.
"I'd think a real football fan isnt going to stop watching or going to games"

You would be WRONG.

I just cancelled my NFL package and asked if many people were cancelling and was told a LOT of people are because of this issue.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" can so terrify those"

"terrify"

Exaggerate much?
570 posts in this thread. So - no.

Quote:

You would be WRONG.

I just cancelled my NFL package and asked if many people were cancelling and was told a LOT of people are because of this issue.
Wah!

Old 10-22-2017, 09:04 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd think a real football fan isnt going to stop watching or going to games just because a few people make a protest while the national anthem is being played,if you have stopped watching games as a consequence of the kneeing then you werent much of a football fan to begin with.
No, many fans use to be or currently are police, firefighters, and the military. They take it personally. These people put their lives on the line for their country and the people in it every day. The symbols of our country simply mean more to them then they do to others whos lives arent on the line. Iḿ not sure people understand this.
Instead, they have just created yet another side to chose, adding more divisiveness in this country.

There are many, many more police officers that don't abuse their power than there are ones who do. There are much more who risk their lives for people of color by far than those who don't. There are many who've died trying to save someone of color than those who let them die. When you are fighting for our freedom you aren't just fighting for a certain color of the human being. When you are catching a criminal you aren't just protecting white people.

Choosing to kneel during the national anthem was a mistake.

They chose to disrespect their country to make their point even at the risk of offending those who dedicate their lives and are actually in the trenches helping people.

I will just watch another sport. It's just entertainment and expensive entertainment at that.

That said, what are they kneeling for? What do they want as a solution to this problem? Do we need more awareness? How exactly do you train an officer to not fear for his life in a high crime black hood run by gangs? Zanix?

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers — committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect. Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened.

All that kneeling ignores the real cause of soaring black homicides | New York Post

Protesting might be killing more people than saving them because officers now have more to fear than just criminals killing them. Public opinion is working and the body count in bad areas of crime is rising because of it.
Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January 2017. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

What might have helped more than a knee is becoming a better mentor or role model for kids in bad neighborhoods. Using their money to put up more cameras, or more police presence so kids can actually walk safely in their areas. Trying to get these kids to chose becoming an officer, or firefighter in their neighborhoods and take pride others. But I guess that would be scary because they'd have to go down there.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:55 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:

You would be WRONG.

Well, what took you so long? If Trump had one, he would have cancelled it months ago.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:18 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Because many people need a reason to be outraged at something so they can complain about black people. The actual reason doesn’t matter, as you can se how many diversions there are from the issue. That’s all they enjoy doing. It’s what 50% of this politics forum is about.
Yup. Just more *** backwards hypocrites being their usual selves. .

If kneeling is disrespectful, then why do military members kneel before the body of a fallen solider?
If kneeling is disrespectful, then why do people kneel before proposing?
If kneeling is disrespectful, then why do people kneel before the altar in reverence of God?

The extremely racist poem called the national anthem written by the extremely racist F. Key Scott was written when Americans were protesting (in battle) against the British. And now these fake patriots are against protesting. Go figure.

These jack***** don't care about any of the actual flag violations and only care because those rich, ungrateful blacks are getting out of line.

That's all it's about. Meanwhile, white nationalists are shooting at counter protesters, but let's complain about black athletes kneeling. Just look at some of the dumb posts that claim blacks are far more racist than whites. And not a word about actual flag code violators and white nationalists.

Good grief.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:43 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Interesting thread. So far, I'm calling it a draw. Toyman got rocked early, but he landed a solid hook at the top of the second page.
Is it a fight?

Not between Toyman and I, certainly.
If anything, it's a fight between truth and untruth. Toyman, despite his efforts, caused no damage to the truth.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:29 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
570 posts in this thread. So - no.
5700 (well 5696 up till your post). A lot more than 570.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:10 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yup. Just more *** backwards hypocrites being their usual selves. .

If kneeling is disrespectful, then why do military members kneel before the body of a fallen solider?
If kneeling is disrespectful, then why do people kneel before proposing?
If kneeling is disrespectful, then why do people kneel before the altar in reverence of God?

Good grief.
Is the National Anthem playing when these events occur?

I have seen quite a few proposals. Never saw one while the National Anthem was playing.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:22 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Is the National Anthem playing when these events occur?

I have seen quite a few proposals. Never saw one while the National Anthem was playing.
PC run amok
People not respecting the right way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies