Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 04:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Is the National Anthem playing when these events occur?

I have seen quite a few proposals. Never saw one while the National Anthem was playing.
Of course you didn't get that the point is that kneeling is not disrespectful in any of those actions, so it's not arbitrarily disrespectful when a song is playing in the background. Really shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand, even for the most remedial.

Right over your head, like everything else.

And you never cited any proof of your previous claims.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:49 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Of course you didn't get that the point is that kneeling is not disrespectful in any of those actions, so it's not arbitrarily disrespectful when a song is playing in the background. Really shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand, even for the most remedial.

Goofy logic.

Kneeling during the National Anthem is disrespectful to our Armed Forces and to the Flag. Several people have posted links showing the proper protocol (for our Flag and our Anthem) & you have chosen to ignore them. (because you disagree with the info in the links.)

Stop calling people stupid when they don't agree with you. (Most US citizens know that kneeling during the playing of our National Anthem is disrespectful to the Flag & our Armed Forces. And if they don't, they should.

Not wanting to be patriotic doesn't give one the right to be a **** and to be rude to someone who is patriotic (& who disagrees with you).

Old 10-22-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Goofy logic.

Kneeling during the National Anthem is disrespectful to our Armed Forces and to the Flag. Several people have posted links showing the proper protocol (for our Flag and our Anthem) & you have chosen to ignore them. (because you disagree with the info in the links.)

Stop calling people stupid when they don't agree with you. (Most US citizens know that kneeling during the playing of our National Anthem is disrespectful to the Flag & our Armed Forces. And if they don't, they should.

Not wanting to be patriotic doesn't give one the right to be a **** and to be rude to someone who is patriotic (& who disagrees with you).
It's disrespectful? According to what rule or law?

That's what I thought. Arbitrary. You learned a new word today.

Spare me your fake patriotism. "Proper protocol" that no one cares about until black athletes started kneeling.

No one will call them stupid if they stop using remedial logic.

Just because fake patriots get their ***** in a bunch over it, doesn't make it disrespectful.

And oh yeah, still no answer from NFL boycotters on if they'll be boycotting businesses and individuals who actually violate flag code.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:14 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,132 times
Quote:

I got the point. Clearly, mine went over your head.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Apparently the police officers at Miami refused to provide security for the spectators at the Dolphins game because three players took the knee. At least the players played the game they get paid to play, while the officers put the lives of the taxpayers at risk to play politics.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:59 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,929,264 times
Quote:
It's disrespectful? According to what rule or law?

That's what I thought. Arbitrary. You learned a new word today.

Spare me your fake patriotism. "Proper protocol" that no one cares about until black athletes started kneeling.

No one will call them stupid if they stop using remedial logic.

Just because fake patriots get their ***** in a bunch over it, doesn't make it disrespectful.

And oh yeah, still no answer from NFL boycotters on if they'll be boycotting businesses and individuals who actually violate flag code.
Hold my beer while I write laws for what for can be considered disrespectful.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I got the point. Clearly, mine went over your head.
You have no point.

A Green Beret told Kaep kneeling is the best way. Many cops and vets back him.

Disrespect = arbitrary

None of you boycotters have addressed if you'll be boycotting/complaining about others who actually violate flag code.

No argument. No point. Move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Apparently the police officers at Miami refused to provide security for the spectators at the Dolphins game because three players took the knee. At least the players played the game they get paid to play, while the officers put the lives of the taxpayers at risk to play politics.
Miami, huh?

You think those police officers refused to back the PD of the officer who shot the social worker who was consoling his patient that someone called 911 on? The guy who was on the ground with his hands up? The guy who was told by the cop that he didn't know why he shot him? The guy these police officers swear to protect?

Hypocrites.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:37 AM

33,567 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Empty stadiums ,lots of empty seats. The fans are standing up for this country.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
It really is simple. If the players want to kneel in protest then fans can boycott the games in protest. I haven't watched a game this year and don't plan to either. I was tired of the stupid celebrations for every tackle made, every catch made, and every other event on the field. This kneeling none sense is just one more reason not to support the NFL.
College games are more exciting to watch anyway.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:44 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If we overturn the need for cash bail to appease the demands of the black community would we actually be condoning their desire/ need to steal in the first place?
It doesn't make sense to change the rules to make a criminal action acceptable.
This seems to be the million pound elephant in the room. With all the uproar about how suspects are treated, why is there never any mind played to why they are suspects in the first place? BLM will immediately play the race card but the reality is that the vast majority of suspects with their face pushed into the pavement were doing something illegal or suspicious and then would not cooperate with police instructions.

A lot of this movement seems to be directed at 'forgiving' transgressions or looking the other way because minorities are 'victims of society' and 'deserve' to be cut a break. But that's not how things work. In this world you get what you put into it. You need to work hard and make proper decisions, you make your own 'privilege' in life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies