Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times

Advertisements

“War is young men dying and old men talking”

Franklin D. Roosevelt

I think there are a number of members in Congress on both sides of the aisle who would much rather see the President flap in the wind for his full term rather than be impeached. It will serve as a spectre to famous people who will think twice about running for office.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:11 AM

934 posts, read 403,158 times
Roger "Now-I'm-gonna-video-myself-telling-Chelsea-Clinton-who-her-real-father-is" Stone? THAT Roger Stone? It takes a special kind of sleazeball to do it. And it doesn't matter whether he's right or wrong here. He is a pond scum and he likes it.

With that out of the way, what he says about civil war isn't necessarily a stretch of imagination or extremists' pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Civil war is a wet dream for both the far-right Trump supporters and the far-left Antifa crowd. A majority of Americans though wouldn't be on board. Only 20% of Americans strongly support Trump. The rest only support him because they see him as better than a Democrat and would accept a Pence Presidency, especially if Trump is impeached legitimately. There isn't going to be a civil war to protect a Presidency that only 20% of Americans truly believe in.
About what I bolded in this quote: in time of crisis majority stops being relevant. I believe Brigitte Gabriel said something like that and it struck me as one of those overlooked truths.

This is the type of situation in which polarization grows until one day the majority who wasn't "on board" somehow finds itself pushed on it.

There's a large arsenal of tools for bending the will of unwilling majority towards the desired outcome. What's needed here is a desire burning inside a number of „deciders“ however small. ( They already have their troopers ready, willing and doing excercises.)

Incessant propaganda, tragic events, then incessant propaganda about tragic events. And you'll hear more and more people either changing their tune, or suddenly having one. Count how many good for nothings you've got in your neighborhood and say hello to your new local elite. On...ehm…many sides.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:03 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
I doubt there would be civil war.
What democrats don't understand is the majority of the Trump phenomenon is not about
adoring Trump, it's about a rejection of the democrats and their far left agenda.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:04 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
We would have great upheaval in our country if Trump was impeached. True. I doubt greatly that Trump would be impeached. This is the hateful left talking and showing how they have been programmed by the unhinged sick media pundits.. They parrot the same hateful talking points over and over because Trump won. This shows how immature they are. They can't nor won't move on. The media did setup the left telling them daily that Hillary was the definite winner. THEY LIED TO THEIR LISTENERS. They ate it up. Today they still feed on the same message from the same people who lied to them. They don't learn. They stay dumb. They want to hate. It is eating them up every day. They are very unhappy and hateful. They tune in to CNN and get more and more unhappy and upset watching those pundits spread unhappiness daily.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:09 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Oh another Civil War thread from the Trumpers. Civil War will not be like a video game and our country will lose as a whole. I'm sure Putin has his pop corn out and says oh yes go out and get another civil war started.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:12 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Fake News and chest beating. Those who think stuff like this do not know our country.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:16 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Who is Roger Stone? Sound like idoicy to me.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 AM

8,504 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Roger Stone is a flake. Was he wearing his English bowler hat when he said this?

Old 08-26-2017, 08:58 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
Better watch out guys, i got guns n' ammo. Pew pew!! yeah i'm tough! pew pew!!

^^wonder how many more of these people we'll see in this thread

Old 08-26-2017, 09:18 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Better watch out guys, i got guns n' ammo. Pew pew!! yeah i'm tough! pew pew!!

^^wonder how many more of these people we'll see in this thread
Given the average age of the poster's here..I get this funny picture of of the barricades being manned...and the pile of canes and walkers at the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies