Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 04:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I don't think so, most conservatives I think would be perfectly fine with a Pence presidency.
Trump's supporters are not conservatives, they're populists.

They will not go along with a Pence presidency.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I don't know who this jerk is, but I have even thought that it could happen. taking down the confederate statues is the beginning. if people keep taking them down they are pushing it. but if the reason for impeachment was so horrible that it changed the minds of Trump's supporters, then I wouldn't worry. Only Trump has caused them to believe that all news if fake, even from the FBI.

but both sides are not heavily armed. if trump doesn't get impeached it could still happen, because he is trying to get rid of the press like Hitler did, and then he is riling up people. If you ever gets the military and police force behind him, then we will be in big trouble. right now I think he is firing people left and right so he can get those in office who are totally behind him. People can then be easily persuaded.

A book to read is On Tyranny by Thomas Snyder.
Well said.

And the military rank and file are definitely on Trump's side.

They're not going to harm Trump's supporters, they're going to join them!

Just keep that in mind, libs and neo-cons!

Trump is for Americans, not the freak show riff-raff in the government, Congress, and places like Hollyweird and New York City!

Old 08-25-2017, 04:42 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I don't know who this jerk is, but I have even thought that it could happen. taking down the confederate statues is the beginning. if people keep taking them down they are pushing it. but if the reason for impeachment was so horrible that it changed the minds of Trump's supporters, then I wouldn't worry. Only Trump has caused them to believe that all news if fake, even from the FBI.

but both sides are not heavily armed. if trump doesn't get impeached it could still happen, because he is trying to get rid of the press like Hitler did, and then he is riling up people. If you ever gets the military and police force behind him, then we will be in big trouble. right now I think he is firing people left and right so he can get those in office who are totally behind him. People can then be easily persuaded.

A book to read is On Tyranny by Thomas Snyder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well said.

Trump is for Americans, not the freak show riff-raff in the government, Congress, and places like Hollyweird and New York City!
So, in other words, Mr. Trump would be the sole beneficiary from the "Civil War-type" violence he's inciting?

Old 08-25-2017, 04:49 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
If you beat up a protester at Trump’s rally, he’ll cover your legal fees. After receiving a notice from his security that someone might be planning to throw tomatoes at him (again), Trump told his supporters to “knock the crap out of them … I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees.” The crowd vociferously cheered him on.

This isn’t the first time Trump has condoned violence—last year he told Fox News that a Black Lives Matter activist who got attacked at his rally “should have been roughed up.” Say what you will about George W. Bush, but when confronted with a projectile all he did was duck.
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1288...ver-legal-fees

wondering if this was such a good idea? Or well-thought-out plan? I mean, can Mr. Trump even cover his own legal fees?

Old 08-25-2017, 04:54 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
The military rank and file are overwhelmingly on Trump's side.

They'll arrest their commanders, relevant members of Congress (and the anti-Trump intel community and Deep State), and then put down all the anti-Trump agitators.

Gitmo will be overflowing.

New camps will have to be built.
Have you ever served? Not the way it works, here in the United States.

Regardless of political preference, the military is not going to be arresting their commanders, nor members of Congress...unless said members are in open rebellion against the Govt.. The military will follow all legal orders...as they are sworn to do.

They would then deploy to quell civil unrest..and to crush any in open rebellion..whatever their political flavor.

I imagine they would assist in crushing any domestic terrorism as well.

On Trump's side..sheeesh. They are sworn to uphold the constitution of the United States..and to obey the orders of the President--which Trump would not be..after impeachment.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:55 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1288...ver-legal-fees

wondering if this was such a good idea? Or well-thought-out plan? I mean, can Mr. Trump even cover his own legal fees?
That's what the rallies are about.

Read where campaign funds were used for a $50K legal retainer for Don Jr.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:58 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
Well said.

We are all Americans..keep that in mind--and outnumber Trump supporters by a considerable amount--not that most would even go along with your fantasy revolt.

Trump was elected legitimately--and, if impeached, would be removed legitimately.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Roger Stone says Impeach Trump, get ready for Civil War

"Roger Stone sez..."

Big deal.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:43 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
The military rank and file are overwhelmingly on Trump's side.

They'll arrest their commanders, relevant members of Congress (and the anti-Trump intel community and Deep State), and then put down all the anti-Trump agitators.

Gitmo will be overflowing.

New camps will have to be built.

Quote:
Well said.

So, you are advocating an illegal military coup, should Trump be removed from office by a duly elected Congress, in accordance with the Constitution?

How American of you.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
So, in other words, Mr. Trump would be the sole beneficiary from the "Civil War-type" violence he's inciting?
The incitement is coming from the Dems and the media.

And yes, Trump and his supporters would win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies