Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I don't think so, most conservatives I think would be perfectly fine with a Pence presidency.
It's that small faction that you saw in Charlottesville chanting "Heil Trump!" that would be the ones threatening a "civil war", however they would all scatter like roaches at the first sound of gunfire.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post

Stone wanted to make it clear that he is not advocating for violence, but instead “predicting it.”
You can't advocate "for" violence. That's a linguistic atrocity.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:44 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Who cares what that idiot has to say.
Stone is a professional instigator.
The more hell he raises, the better it is for Roger Stone.

And he has a remarkably narrow and pointy head.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Yes, we all know that conservatives are violent warmongers who do not respect our Constitution and the rule of law, and as such are an enemy of America.

What else is new? We get these threats from them every Tuesday.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
If Trump has to go, then he has to go.

The talk of Civil War shouldn't scare anyone. Whatever. Let the shooting begin if that's how it's gotta go.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:33 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hFRLbFaJEw

Roger Stone predicts a Civil War if Donald Trump is impeached - Salon.com

“Both sides are heavily armed, my friend, yes, absolutely,” he predicted. “This is not 1974, the people will not stand for impeachment.”

“A politician who votes for it [impeachment] would be endangering their own life,” Stone said. He then echoed the president and said that there “will be violence on both sides.”

Stone wanted to make it clear that he is not advocating for violence, but instead “predicting it.” The cameraman then asked him if he was predicting “Civil War-type” violence.

“Yes,” Stone answered, “That’s what I think will happen.”

Stone is one of the most fundamentally evil con-artists in our country and has long since lost any credibility. I guess he's now saying that he wants to see our country destroy itself. If Trump sticks it out long enough to get impeached, there will be lots of hot air for a short period, from his supporters on places like this, but pitiful little action. After that event, his cult members will be squirming around, trying to figure a means for their own survival, in a country where the majority will hold them responsible for the damage they've enabled him to do.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hFRLbFaJEw

Roger Stone predicts a Civil War if Donald Trump is impeached - Salon.com

“Both sides are heavily armed, my friend, yes, absolutely,” he predicted. “This is not 1974, the people will not stand for impeachment.”

“A politician who votes for it [impeachment] would be endangering their own life,” Stone said. He then echoed the president and said that there “will be violence on both sides.”

Stone wanted to make it clear that he is not advocating for violence, but instead “predicting it.” The cameraman then asked him if he was predicting “Civil War-type” violence.

“Yes,” Stone answered, “That’s what I think will happen.”
Maybe the cameraman should've asked Mr. Stone who would benefit from "Civil War-type" violence? (Cui bono?)

Old 08-25-2017, 04:13 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,354,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Who cares what that idiot has to say.
I don't know who this jerk is, but I have even thought that it could happen. taking down the confederate statues is the beginning. if people keep taking them down they are pushing it. but if the reason for impeachment was so horrible that it changed the minds of Trump's supporters, then I wouldn't worry. Only Trump has caused them to believe that all news if fake, even from the FBI.

but both sides are not heavily armed. if trump doesn't get impeached it could still happen, because he is trying to get rid of the press like Hitler did, and then he is riling up people. If you ever gets the military and police force behind him, then we will be in big trouble. right now I think he is firing people left and right so he can get those in office who are totally behind him. People can then be easily persuaded.

A book to read is On Tyranny by Thomas Snyder.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 08-25-2017 at 04:23 AM..

Old 08-25-2017, 04:20 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,354,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Trump has to go, then he has to go.

The talk of Civil War shouldn't scare anyone. Whatever. Let the shooting begin if that's how it's gotta go.
Then I guess you wouldn't mind if you were handed a gun, because, well, whatever side you picked, you would need one.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Crazy sleazebag makes predictions. What else is new?

If Trump is impeached and his crowd hits the streets with guns, they will quickly be mowed down and arrested by the the US military acting under Pence's orders.
The military rank and file are overwhelmingly on Trump's side.

They'll arrest their commanders, relevant members of Congress (and the anti-Trump intel community and Deep State), and then put down all the anti-Trump agitators.

Gitmo will be overflowing.

New camps will have to be built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies