Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times

Advertisements

An actual war with set-piece battles? Very, very unlikely.

Limited, 4th generation warfare like events? Possibly. I could see a situation where say, heavily Democratic areas more or less expel Federal law enforcement agencies to prevent them from rounding up illegal immigrants and in response the Trump supporters go ballistic and it turns into a eastern Ukraine style situation.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
I hope the Nazi's start a civil war, should be fun.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:16 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
even if this guy has no credibility, what he is saying does seem rather probable given the current political climate and division that the left wing msm and the previous 8 year administration has caused.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:18 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
The tiniest portion of the world's population is gonna con folks into another American Civil War?

What the heck? What's that good for? (Alternatively, who is that good for? Cui Bono?)

War, huh, good god
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing, listen ...

Seriously, good grief, what new hell is this?

Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
This is from a conspiracy nut with money and movie making creds.

The guy has been lying for decades.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I hope the Nazi's start a civil war, should be fun.
Antifa is Communist.. Check out the Communist Party website. Looks just like the progressive's ideology.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Roger Stone predicts a Civil War if Donald Trump is impeached - Salon.com

“Both sides are heavily armed, my friend, yes, absolutely,” he predicted. “This is not 1974, the people will not stand for impeachment.”

“A politician who votes for it [impeachment] would be endangering their own life,” Stone said. He then echoed the president and said that there “will be violence on both sides.”

Stone wanted to make it clear that he is not advocating for violence, but instead “predicting it.” The cameraman then asked him if he was predicting “Civil War-type” violence.

“Yes,” Stone answered, “That’s what I think will happen.”
Nonsense. This old crook is grandstanding.

No one knows if this president, or any future president will be impeached, but an impeachment is a constitutional process intended to make possible an orderly transition of power and keep the government stable and the citizenry safe. It is a decision not taken lightly.

I realize that some hotheads (it wouldn't take many) could potentially do a lot of harm in some places, but it wouldn't be a civil war. Any violence opposing a constitutional process would be seen as domestic terrorism by almost everyone, and seen as a matter for the police.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:46 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Civil war is a wet dream for both the far-right Trump supporters and the far-left Antifa crowd. A majority of Americans though wouldn't be on board. Only 20% of Americans strongly support Trump. The rest only support him because they see him as better than a Democrat and would accept a Pence Presidency, especially if Trump is impeached legitimately. There isn't going to be a civil war to protect a Presidency that only 20% of Americans truly believe in.
20% of the population is a lot. That's 65 million people. That's almost twice the population of California. Let's imagine that 1% of those Trump supporters would be willing to radicalize. That's 650,000 people. In terms of numbers, that's the entire population of DC going to "war."

Well, surely not all 650,000 would actually take up arms. But what if it was half? 325,000. Maybe just a quarter? 163,000. I mean, even just one percent, 6,500, could do a lot of damage, since we can safely assume that the other side's extreme would have at least close to the number. In total, 13,000 people would be willing to start killing.

And really, that's not so bad. Until one side blows up a hospital, killings thousands. Then all the families of those who died will know who killed their loved ones. Perhaps a sizable chunk of those people will join in on the violence. That 13,000 of willing combatants would grow.

Luckily, we have the army. And the government. I mean, the federal government would declare war on these radicals if it comes to that. Let's use Roger Stone's example, President Pence would defend the country. So to would each state government, since there's no chance in hell they'd secede. Some might have a movement, but it wouldn't have even close to a majority to get the state governments to illegal go through with it, so the Union would be unified.

What would happen would be two, probably eventually more, terrorist groups killing people. Bombing churches, school, government buildings, hospitals. Any place where there are a lot of people. Just mass killings. It would be a nightmare. It wouldn't be glorious. It wouldn't be heroic. It would be terrorism.

Indeed, most people would not support this. But you don't need most people for this to happen. I'm not saying it will, and I hope to God it never does, but that scenario I just went through... does it really sound impossible? Unlike? Of course. But not impossible. And I think I described it pretty damn close to how it would go.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:47 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
even if this guy has no credibility, what he is saying does seem rather probable given the current political climate and division that the left wing msm and the previous 8 year administration has caused.
I think you are mis-judging the American people.

Mr Trump has become a great unifier ... of people who are becoming sick and tired of him. On the outside chance he were removed we would probably be able to sense a massive sigh of relief from sea to shining sea.

As it stands presently there will be no impeachment or removal because the president's own party controls both houses of congress. If by some chance there were a removal, it would just mean Mr Pence (Trump's hand-picked successor) would step in. He would continue the same policies, Mr Pence reiterates that he is 100% on board with Mr Trump's agenda.

All of the cast and characters in this drama are Republicans. You can't put this investigation on 'left wing' anything, it is an all-Republican show.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:55 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times
I don't think so, most conservatives I think would be perfectly fine with a Pence presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies