Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I love the fake youtubes we are constantly exposed to. If 1/2 of them were right we hear about them all over the place. When are people going to stop buying into this crap?

as for peaceful protesting, when are some going to realize 2 things, the difference in respect for our country and the right to do whatever you believe in, especially when you are a kid. YOu do not have to say the pledge but out of respect you do stand up when it is being said.

Of course that is if it really happened. Anyone can make a tape of anything they want and claim it is real.
It's not up to you to determine what others must do.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They have the right to disrespect the nation but they should not expect anyone in that school to like or respect them. Many Americans are damn sick of the whining, protesters and BLM scum. Those who wish to not say he pledge should be forced to leave the classrooms so they don't disrupt the majority of kids who do love what this nation is supposed to stand for. Sixth grade and this boy already has the racial chip and disregard for authority and the nation. Good job dad, you've raised up more BLM trash. A chip of the ole block.
I'm sick of the MAGA idiots who vote to deny things to the American populace (like decent, affordable health care, mandatory paid family/sick leave) that are considered to be basic human rights in other countries, while blaring that the USA is the "best" country in the world. We have a LONG way to go before we can make that claim.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:36 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,264,896 times
Pledges of allegiance and loyalty oaths are totally pointless.

A person who is truly allegiant to a country or a cause has no need to recite pledges or take oaths, they simply continue to be allegiant.

A person who is not allegiant to the country or cause would gladly recite the pledge or take the oath - and then break it.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:09 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has long been settled. The kid does not have to stand and there is absolutely nothing the school can do about it and a teacher most certainly can not put her hands on a kid to try and force him to do what he is not required to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_V...on_v._Barnette

It's sad that a teacher would risk her career over not being able to control herself.
I don't think it's sad at all.

A teacher that threatened by the presence of differing viewpoints has no business being a teacher in the first place. I'd argue the most responsible thing for them to do is to **** up their career. It's what's best for the students.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"a physical attack"

QUIT exaggerating!
Call if whatever you want.

You cannot believe that the flag represents freedom while also believing it's ever acceptable to compel someone to respect said flag.

Based on your response, you do think it's acceptable. You don't believe in freedom. And that's kind of the end of this.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:18 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
-peacefully exercising your right to protest is about as American as you can get. You clearly don't understand this stuff.
-He didn't interfere with the rights of others to say the pledge.
-Tradition means nothing. Nothing. He has the right not to participate in a tradition. Get over it.
-BLM? unless the kid got up screaming "BLM!" during the pledge...why are you deflecting to them? They have nothing to do with anything here
-racism is not growing at a rate not seen...it's always been here.
The only "right" a sixth grader has is to do as told when when instructed, and learn what the teacher is presenting to prepare in becoming an adult. Nothing else.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The only "right" a sixth grader has is to do as told when when instructed, and learn what the teacher is presenting to prepare in becoming an adult. Nothing else.
Hitler Youth

You're saying there's no difference between education and indoctrination. What happens when the teacher says "be a communist of sit in the corner?" Then who's side are you on?

What a ****ing absurd thing for you to say.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I'm sick of the MAGA idiots who vote to deny things to the American populace (like decent, affordable health care, mandatory paid family/sick leave) that are considered to be basic human rights in other countries, while blaring that the USA is the "best" country in the world. We have a LONG way to go before we can make that claim.
If you're sick, why are you still here? Find another country where other citizens will pay for your "rights".

Old 09-16-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Hitler Youth

You're saying there's no difference between education and indoctrination. What happens when the teacher says "be a communist of sit in the corner?" Then who's side are you on?

What a ****ing absurd thing for you to say.
When I didn't like the instruction given to my child, I found a private school better suited to our values.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Affordable health care, mandatory paid family/sick leave are things we want, but they are not rights.
No ones denying anyone anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies