Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 06:12 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Looks like the parents didn't do too hot of a job teaching their kid common sense, decency, and respect.

What, exactly, is this kid peacefully protesting.
Looks like your high school didn't do too hot of a job teaching you to gather information before giving an opinion.
If you want to know what the kid is protesting, you might, click the link so thoughtfully supplied by the OP

Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You were making a judgement which is much different than an observation.

I had no ideal of your expertise or behavioral analysts credentials.
Why do you hate free speech and feel the need to control it in others ?
Ah, the old "you disagree with me so your silencing me" bull****. The sign of a losing argument. Or someone who has no idea what free speech is. Or both, as the case may be.

Indeed, my original question remains: what is the benefit to being this intentionally obtuse?

And you are being obtuse. You initial comment claims that "you saw no violence" implying that because you only heard of it, it does not count. You then edit your other comment saying what the boy described is no different than "helping someone up," which, again, is completely obtuse. And you know that. You'd have to have an IQ of 7 to think that what you said was true. But I know you don't think that. No person would think there's a similarity to being pulled out of a chair by force to being helped up off the ground when in need.

You're doing this because you either A) are just a troll who finds this amusing or B) think the teacher did no wrong. But becasue you don't have an IQ of 7 and do poses the human capacity to think, you know the teacher was out of line even though your gut reaction says otherwise. You want see a patriot who tiptoed the line, but didn't cross it, but you know what really happened. But you can't admit it, so you make obtuse comments.

And maybe I'm wrong on your feelings about this. That's possible. But in my defense, you've made 3 comments on this topic and none of them were actually related to the topic but were just ridiculous deflections. I'm left to assume the reason you made these deflections and experience on this forum leaves the two option I identified above as being the most likely explanations .

Old 09-15-2017, 06:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Dumb kids these days, now THEY wanna be a 'viral hero' just like their idiotic idols who sit and kneel before the National Anthem.

I don't condone violence, but we've given our youth waaayyy too much leeway and power these days, to act any darned way they want in flaunting the rules, trying to be hostile and different in order to antagonize others, etc.

Whatever happened to being respectful citizens and not pulling dumb stunts like these.

Parents need to do a better job of telling their kids to respect their flag and country and stop with this show off nonsense.
This "stunt" was not because of some viral hero, he has been sitting out for 4 years now.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:43 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,708 times
Quote:
Looks like the parents didn't do too hot of a job teaching their kid common sense, decency, and respect.

What, exactly, is this kid peacefully protesting.

This ain't a Rohingya student protesting brutality and violence against their people. This is just a spoiled, self centered kid who loved the attention that such a dumb stunt was sure to provoke.

People like these diminish the power and importance of legitimate social activism and protest against true oppression.
-Common Sense, Decency, & Respect="hey son, you have the right not to do the pledge, but don't stop other from doing it, just sit there quietly and respect their right to participate in the pledge"
-How did you draw all these personality traits from the stories and videos?
-It doesn't matter what he's peacefully protesting. You just want to go down a tangent. He has the right to peacefully sit out of the pledge of allegiance.

and can you explain how sitting quietly is "show off nonsense". Sitting quietly is him doing like 99% of the work for you to ignore him. You have 1% to do on your own.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
To those who think the kid is in the wrong and not the teacher:

What if it was YOUR kid? And no "my kid would NEVER do that because he was raised by true PATRIOTS" weasel claims. All kids have minds of their own, and all kids rebel (which I don't even consider the case with this kid anyway).

You'd probably lose your minds if any teacher ever got physical with your kids. But it's someone else's kid, so whatever, right?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They have the right to disrespect the nation but they should not expect anyone in that school to like or respect them. Many Americans are damn sick of the whining, protesters and BLM scum. Those who wish to not say he pledge should be forced to leave the classrooms so they don't disrupt the majority of kids who do love what this nation is supposed to stand for. Sixth grade and this boy already has the racial chip and disregard for authority and the nation. Good job dad, you've raised up more BLM trash. A chip of the ole block.

Sarcasm...?

It has to be.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:58 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Imagine if this happened in another country. Would people get upset at some kid in India refusing to pledge allegiance to their flag?

Actions seem to be viewed very differently when it's not your own country, because you haven't been raised (indoctrinated) under that government. That applies to many things...pledging allegiance, national laws, war, religion...you see things more clearly when it's some other culture you're far removed from.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:29 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Seem like a very intelligent well-adjusted kid to me , from a very intelligent well-adjusted African American family. Listen I am a African American veterans who served in two different military branches , and I pledge allegiance to the flag , but I don't hold anything against anyone that doesn't want to pledge allegiance to the flag some of you people need to get a life....!!!!

Seems like you have set the bar for what is a "very intelligent, well-adjusted kid" very low.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:12 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
You gotta love the old white guy they interviewed. "They have the right to sit, but I would like to explain how they don't understand what that right entails" WTF does that even mean?
Exactly. I don't even know what his statement entails.

I love the kid. "I pledge to God and my family".

Lefties have to be torn on this, no doubt. He stood up for what he believes in yet he invoked God.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
This has long been settled. The kid does not have to stand and there is absolutely nothing the school can do about it and a teacher most certainly can not put her hands on a kid to try and force him to do what he is not required to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_V...on_v._Barnette

It's sad that a teacher would risk her career over not being able to control herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies