Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 02:27 PM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They have the right to disrespect the nation but they should not expect anyone in that school to like or respect them. Many Americans are damn sick of the whining, protesters and BLM scum. Those who wish to not say he pledge should be forced to leave the classrooms so they don't disrupt the majority of kids who do love what this nation is supposed to stand for. Sixth grade and this boy already has the racial chip and disregard for authority and the nation. Good job dad, you've raised up more BLM trash. A chip of the ole block.
Go into a classroom full of kids and ask them what "allegiance" means.

Do you think a pledge is meaningful if it's forced? Or even if it is rote with no understanding of the words you're saying?

I stopped standing for the pledge when I was in middle school and realized I had been forced to say it long before any teacher saw fit to explain what a pledge was and what exactly I was pledging.

Last edited by charolastra00; 09-15-2017 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-15-2017, 02:28 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
if the thread title looks weird. This story is recent and involves a 6th grader. There is another story from last year that really similar that involved a sophomore. Like almost the exact same issue. My apologies.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:30 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
You gotta love the old white guy they interviewed. "They have the right to sit, but I would like to explain how they don't understand what that right entails" WTF does that even mean?
Right - even cavemen could sit if they felt like it.

The "right to sit" wasn't something that America fought for. We fought for an end to human bondage in the South and to crush "White Aryan Supremacists" in Europe....and murderous "Asian Supremacists" in the East.

The child seemed quite mature - he pledges to God and his Family, not to ANY Flag. Aren't those the "family values" righties love?

Old 09-15-2017, 02:32 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
My guess is that the kid did it because he saw some overpaid and under-talented jock do it on TV, and has no clue as to what any of it means.

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
No video of the actual incident? I say, let these people sit and show us all what trash they are.

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Do you not see the irony in being forced to pledge allegiance to the flag and the FREEDOM for which it stands? Are you saying a physical attack is justified if a kid doesn't stand for the pledge?

Did I wake up in North Korea this morning?
I said nothing about supporting a physical attack nor did I say the boy should be forced to say it. I said he basically deserves to be socially isolated for his anti American racial stance and I said he should be made to leave the classroom during the pledge. He does not have the right to interfere in the long held tradition of saying the pledge during school. The other patriotic children should not be subject to his disruptive nonensense. These BLM morons are flaming bad feelings toward black people, racism is growing at a rate not seen in decades because of thier whining. Tired of them.......

Old 09-15-2017, 02:37 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
LOL that sitting down during a pledge of allegiance is "disrespecting the nation". I didn't realize the collective nation had such a fragile, fragile ego.

I also didn't realize one random on the internet such as yourself was the voice for the nation. Please, tell us more about the nation! How is it feeling today? is it glum or glad?

Old 09-15-2017, 02:42 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I said nothing about supporting a physical attack nor did I say the boy should be forced to say it. I said he basically deserves to be socially isolated for his anti American racial stance and I said he should be made to leave the classroom during the pledge. He does not have the right to interfere in the long held tradition of saying the pledge during school. The other patriotic children should not be subject to his disruptive nonensense. These BLM morons are flaming bad feelings toward black people, racism is growing at a rate not seen in decades because of thier whining. Tired of them.......
Are you really saying that black people are to blame for some white people being racists?

Old 09-15-2017, 02:47 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
You gotta love the old white guy they interviewed. "They have the right to sit, but I would like to explain how they don't understand what that right entails" WTF does that even mean?
I hate when news anchors interview random people like that. He had literally nothing to do with the story; he was just some guy who had an opinion. Which is fine. But who cares?

I wanna see the teacher. He's gets all brave and patriotic when a 12 year old stays seated, but won't show his face when his methods are questioned? Shocker... he probably has an account on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:47 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Strange, how liberals love rights to do nothing... and then whine when someone does nothing...
This is as meaningless a claim as the guy who said, "They have the right to sit, but I would like to explain how they don't understand what that right entails."
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies