Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Is there a benefit to being this intentionally obtuse? Why are you even on this forum? When was the last time you had something useful to say?
I know I'm doing something right when I'm being insulted. You make me feel like a Hollywood Star.
Do you feel "violently grabbed" by my comment ? What does a non violent grabbing look like and when does it crossover into "violently grabbed" ? If I helped someone to their feet it would look no different than what the boy described.

Last edited by phma; 09-15-2017 at 03:54 PM..

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Those who wish to not say he pledge should be forced to leave the classrooms so they don't disrupt the majority of kids who do love what this nation is supposed to stand for.
Is a government employee leading a recitation of a loyalty oath a particularly worthwhile thing to stand for?

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Right, who would know better about racism than the white guy on the internet?
No more than the SJW on the internet. Being black and liberal does not make one an expert on racism.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:35 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
My guess is that the kid did it because he saw some overpaid and under-talented jock do it on TV, and has no clue as to what any of it means.
Well, he's getting a crash course now, I guess. What it means, apparently, is "Conform! Take orders! Do not deviate! And now, be grateful for your freedom!".

Old 09-15-2017, 03:40 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I know I'm doing something right when I'm being insulted.
Oh, I wasn't insulting you. I was making an observation of your behavior. If said observation offends you, you should consider a behavior change as that's the root of the problem. Try contributing to a discussion instead of saying nothing. That's a good place to start. Or rather, trying saying nothing instead of what you usually say, which amounts to "I hate everyone but myself; vote as I do or you are stupid."

Old 09-15-2017, 03:41 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
No one is ever going to teach that kid how lucky he is to be a citizen of this country. Sad.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:45 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No one is ever going to teach that kid how lucky he is to be a citizen of this country. Sad.
Look at what the responses to this have been.

Either deflections (suggesting they think the teacher did nothing wrong, but are too immature and ****ty to just say they think that) or speaking to the issue as normal. Nothing really indicating surprise that something like this happened.

How lucky can he be if this event isn't viewed as exceptional? People acting emotionally and violently as a result of someone not sharing their ideals is unAmerican. Period. And it happened and we're all discussing this as we would any issue (well, those of us who discuss things rather than deflect and act like an ass but somehow are allowed to keep their accounts).

Old 09-15-2017, 03:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
North Korea wouldn't allow anyone to disrespect their flag. Is that what you want America to be? Yet again, black folk have been the most loyal people to this country. We built most of it's wealth, and received nothing for it. It's America who should be pledging allegiance to black people descendants of slaves.
You said, "I remember back in the day how everyone begrudgingly stood every morning, and hoarsely repeated words." That did not apply to me or anyone I knew.... But everyone is free to move about the planet, to a different country, if they choose. I could move tomorrow but I love my country and think I will stay here . .... but I don't get when people put down the respect for the flag..

Old 09-15-2017, 03:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngh100 View Post
How are you oppressed? You have had 50 years of affirmative action, quotas, welfare, , Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs,food stamps, rent supplements, public housing ,etc everything to bring blacks into the mainstream and our nation is as divided racially now as ever.

If people dont want to pledge allegiance why not work to build a black nation you would pledge allegiance to. Most minorities around the world dont want integration and some mythical "equality" , they want their own nation and sovereignty
None of that stuff , outside of affirmative action, has anything to do with being black. The average welfare recipient is a white female.

Your talk about a sovereign nation for minorities is the kind of drivel we've been subjected to since Stormfront got the ax.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:49 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is one area you and I agree on. Big deal, he was lifted out of his seat. He is here in America, wanting all the protections and rights we offer, sucking up our air, and he is not willing to show gratitude and respect.

Then go to some country where you will not have to act like every good American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies