Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 02:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I said nothing about supporting a physical attack nor did I say the boy should be forced to say it. I said he basically deserves to be socially isolated for his anti American racial stance and I said he should be made to leave the classroom during the pledge. He does not have the right to interfere in the long held tradition of saying the pledge during school. The other patriotic children should not be subject to his disruptive nonensense. These BLM morons are flaming bad feelings toward black people, racism is growing at a rate not seen in decades because of thier whining. Tired of them.......
-peacefully exercising your right to protest is about as American as you can get. You clearly don't understand this stuff.
-He didn't interfere with the rights of others to say the pledge.
-Tradition means nothing. Nothing. He has the right not to participate in a tradition. Get over it.
-BLM? unless the kid got up screaming "BLM!" during the pledge...why are you deflecting to them? They have nothing to do with anything here
-racism is not growing at a rate not seen...it's always been here. Always.

And finally, it's amazing that people say they want those "BLM morons" to stop whining...so they do exactly that and just quietly kneel during some stupid "tradition" or song and you're still foaming at the mouth.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:48 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Strange, how liberals love rights to do nothing... and then whine when someone does nothing...
Ignoring the fact that this comment itself is incoherent, it's an irrelevant comment. You have nothing to say but "I hate my fellow American."

Real classy.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:53 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Are you really saying that black people are to blame for some white people being racists?
Yes, the protesting, open racial chip of these protesters is creating racial tension and bad feelings toward black people. They are in fact manufacturing the racism they claim to be standing against every time they protest in support of thugs who get shot by police, every time they block streets, everytime they blame white people for thier problems, every time they attack white people, tear down historical monuments etc. You will be hard pressed to find white people who agree with them outside of some stupid brainwashed college kids.

Do you leftist really think the average black person is subject to discrimination and racism today? I don't think so....not buying any of your arguments. Are ghetto criminals treated the way they should be? No they are not, really MORE of them should be in jail for thier crimes. The average middle class working black man is treated no different from white, anyone who believes different is obviously been mentally polluted by the SJW crap that is ruining this nation. I don't want to hear about JIm Crow or slavey either, that has been over for DECADES, slavery gone for 152 years. Time to get over it, put down the signs and enjoy the blessings of being an American. No one is being oppressed, and NO enforcing the law is NOT white oppression.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:

Do you leftist really think the average black person is subject to discrimination and racism today? I don't think so....not buying any of your arguments. .
You ask...and then you answer?

I can tell you for a 100% fact that the average black person is subject to discrimination and racism today. However, you are unlikely to be convinced, so what is the point?

Old 09-15-2017, 03:01 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
I see people are so busy on their soapbox that they don't even bother to pay attention to the actual story. The child didn't say he was staying seated out of political protest, he said that he/his family believed in making pledges to God, not to a flag. Perhaps they are Jehovah's Witnesses or another denomination that has a policy position on this.

In any case, it's obviously completely inappropriate for a teacher to handle a student in that manner.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-15-2017 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 09-15-2017, 03:04 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Yes, the protesting, open racial chip of these protesters is creating racial tension and bad feelings toward black people. They are in fact manufacturing the racism they claim to be standing against every time they protest in support of thugs who get shot by police, every time they block streets, everytime they blame white people for thier problems, every time they attack white people, tear down historical monuments etc. You will be hard pressed to find white people who agree with them outside of some stupid brainwashed college kids.

Do you leftist really think the average black person is subject to discrimination and racism today? I don't think so....not buying any of your arguments. Are ghetto criminals treated the way they should be? No they are not, really MORE of them should be in jail for thier crimes. The average middle class working black man is treated no different from white, anyone who believes different is obviously been mentally polluted by the SJW crap that is ruining this nation. I don't want to hear about JIm Crow or slavey either, that has been over for DECADES, slavery gone for 152 years. Time to get over it, put down the signs and enjoy the blessings of being an American. No one is being oppressed, and NO enforcing the law is NOT white oppression.

Interesting. DanielJ, you are a black man but you don't face any racism in your life? I don't think I've ever heard another black man in the US say that before.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:07 PM

2,434 posts, read 1,452,676 times
I wonder for all you fake patriots out there who are getting on this boy, if the school told everyone they didn't have to stand for the pledge, how many kids would stand? I remember back in the day how everyone begrudgingly stood every morning, and hoarsely repeated words. If every school across this country told the kids they didn't have to stand if they didn't want to, well over 98% of kids wouldn't do it.

All you fake-triots can stop with this noise about black students choosing not to stand for the pledge being unpatriotic. Black people have been the most loyal to this nation, in spite having no real reason to be.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:11 PM

108 posts, read 53,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Because you barely address your own question.

"How are black people oppressed" might be a valid question if you actually took the time to find the answer. And it's out there. But you didn't address it. Plenty of sources will tell you how black people are oppressed; you don't have to accept them, but if you're going to reject those reasons, you do have to respond to them.

You didn't.

You just made some comment about welfare, and if we're being honest, new poster who run in guns blazing with controversial comments tend to be a red flag anyway. You didn't ask a legitimate question; you may have picked a legitimate topic, but the question you asked wasn't.
How are you oppressed? You have had 50 years of affirmative action, quotas, welfare, , Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs,food stamps, rent supplements, public housing ,etc everything to bring blacks into the mainstream and our nation is as divided racially now as ever.

If people dont want to pledge allegiance why not work to build a black nation you would pledge allegiance to. Most minorities around the world dont want integration and some mythical "equality" , they want their own nation and sovereignty

Last edited by Ngh100; 09-15-2017 at 03:22 PM..

Old 09-15-2017, 03:14 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
You gotta love the old white guy they interviewed. "They have the right to sit, but I would like to explain how they don't understand what that right entails" WTF does that even mean?

It means that rights and responsibilities go hand-in-hand.

As for the kid, he seems to be a real ****ing degenerate from an attention ***** family.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:16 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Interesting. DanielJ, you are a black man but you don't face any racism in your life? I don't think I've ever heard another black man in the US say that before.
Everyone faces racism at some point but what I am saying is that racism is not any kind of major factor in the lives of regular working law abiding citizens in America today. Do people who live in ghettos and have criminal record laws believe they are victims of white racism? Yes they do believe that but most people simply do not care what unproductive criminals think.

I know your waiting for me to tell you I am not black so you can cleverly tell me then " how could I understand racism directed at blacks"? Sorry to spoil it for you. What I see is most black people I know work like I do, follow the law like I do, live similar lives to mine and you expect me to see them as victims of racism against those of my ethnicity? No I do not and will not accept that. The minority of blacks living in criminal ghettos do not speak for blacks as a whole nor are they an authority on the issue of racism. They are however professional victims. It is sad to see thier poisonous thinking spreading through our youth through the efforts of SJW types and brainwashed millenials. Again this thinking is ruining our nation. Not long ago racial tension seemed to be a soon to be thing of the past. This whining and protesting has revived the old bad feelings from decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies