Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times

Advertisements

Grabbing the kid is a big no no and the teacher will probably lose his job or at eh very least have to take a bit of time off and attend a sensitivity class.

If I was the teacher I would have used this as a teaching moment for the entire class by first asking the kid why he choose to sit. I doubt he will have an answer beyond that he is just doing what he has seen NFL players doing.

Violence is not the answer to ignorance but teaching the kids why we recite the pledge might actually instill a bit of pride for their country in them.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:51 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This is one area you and I agree on. Big deal, he was lifted out of his seat. He is here in America, wanting all the protections and rights we offer, sucking up our air, and he is not willing to show gratitude and respect.

Then go to some country where you will not have to act like every good American.
He is a child who was physically assaulted by an adult for exercising his religious freedom in not making a pledge to an inanimate object.

If you think that is a fair representation of American values, then you are the one that needs to find a country more to your liking.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:55 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It means that rights and responsibilities go hand-in-hand.

As for the kid, he seems to be a real ****ing degenerate from an attention ***** family.
Seem like a very intelligent well-adjusted kid to me , from a very intelligent well-adjusted African American family. Listen I am a African American veterans who served in two different military branches , and I pledge allegiance to the flag , but I don't hold anything against anyone that doesn't want to pledge allegiance to the flag some of you people need to get a life....!!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 03:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
This isn't a new thing for him, he said that he hasn't stood for the pledge since 2nd grade.

Teacher On Leave Over Alleged Assault Of Boy Who Refused To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance « CBS Detroit

Old 09-15-2017, 03:59 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No one is ever going to teach that kid how lucky he is to be a citizen of this country. Sad.
Likely all this kid has been taught is that his ancestors were abused and that he is a victim of white oppression. He will enter adulthood seeing white people as enemies and hold a chip on his shoulder about the nation and society he lives in. His dad is no doubt responsible for raising up a child filled with racial hate and a sense of victimhood. This is not a recipe for his success in life.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:15 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Those who wish to not say he pledge should be forced to leave the classrooms so they don't disrupt the majority of kids who do love what this nation is supposed to stand for.
Forced obedience. Is that what you think the nation stands for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Many Americans are damn sick of the whining, protesters and BLM scum. the racial chip and disregard for authority and the nation. Good job dad, you've raised up more BLM trash. A chip of the ole block.
And where did all of this come from?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:19 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Well, this at least better than the white guy who ambushed and killed two cops, after he got kicked out of a football game for antagonizing people for sitting during the anthem.

So I guess there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No video of the actual incident? I say, let these people sit and show us all what trash they are.
Peacefully protesting makes you trash?

What an interesting take.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You said, "I remember back in the day how everyone begrudgingly stood every morning, and hoarsely repeated words." That did not apply to me or anyone I knew.... But everyone is free to move about the planet, to a different country, if they choose. I could move tomorrow but I love my country and think I will stay here . .... but I don't get when people put down the respect for the flag..
And many people don't understand worshipping a piece of cloth.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This is one area you and I agree on. Big deal, he was lifted out of his seat. He is here in America, wanting all the protections and rights we offer, sucking up our air, and he is not willing to show gratitude and respect.

Then go to some country where you will not have to act like every good American.
Your air?

He has a right to not be forced to stand during the anthem. If you have a problem with that, you should probably take your own advice and find a country that forces its citizens to pledge loyalty to it.

Sounds like you'd fit in just fine.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:25 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Grabbing the kid is a big no no and the teacher will probably lose his job or at eh very least have to take a bit of time off and attend a sensitivity class.

If I was the teacher I would have used this as a teaching moment for the entire class by first asking the kid why he choose to sit. I doubt he will have an answer beyond that he is just doing what he has seen NFL players doing.

Violence is not the answer to ignorance but teaching the kids why we recite the pledge might actually instill a bit of pride for their country in them.
The KID gave you the answers to your questions. He only pledge ALLegion to God AND his family...!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies