Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 05:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,617,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Is a government employee leading a recitation of a loyalty oath a particularly worthwhile thing to stand for?
If you want to stand for it " knock yourself out " myself I always stand for the pledge of allegiance to the United States of America . The father and son that did not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance are within their rights as American citizens. However that teacher broke the laws of the United States of America by performing a violent attack on a student of his for not doing what he loves to do ( The Pledge of Allegiance...!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 05:07 PM

9,479 posts, read 10,834,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
True, true. The people here calling a child "trash" for exercising his most basic American rights here are the real losers. Their lives must be kind of sad for them to read this article (or rather, read a post ABOUT an article because reading an article is hard) and decide this is what is to blame for any perceived downfall of American society.
Your condescending attitude is a typical attitude of leftists, being liberal does not give one a reason to consider themselves more educated and enlightened. Your calling my life "sad" and suggesting I had a hard time reading the article highlights this tired old liberal tactic of insulting those with conservative and traditional worldviews and calling into question thier intelligence. In my opinion it's the opposite, a liberal SJW worldview is the sign that someone is naive and easily led which in my opinion does not suggest someone who can think and reason for themself.

Your offended that I call these people trash, well that is how I see the left. Those who are constantly complaining, constantly declaring themselves victims and forcing thier belief that they have the right to force all this unwanted change and political correctness upon the majority of people in this nation are indeed trash. I readily admit that I hold these leftist in utter contempt. As I have said over and over, these people are ruining this nation. What makes them think they know better than those who built this nation and grew it over the past 241 years? The height of arrogance here for them to think they know better than everyone else in this nation going back to our founding.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:09 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times
By "them", to whom are you referring?

Old 09-15-2017, 05:10 PM

20,895 posts, read 9,601,999 times
Quote:
Your condescending attitude is a typical attitude of leftists ...
And ...
Quote:
Your offended that I call these people trash, well that is how I see the left ... I readily admit that I hold these leftist in utter contempt ...
So, you're offended that somebody holds a condescending attitude of you, but then you immediately proceed to express your own condescension of leftists. Nice.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,701,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Oh, I wasn't insulting you. I was making an observation of your behavior. If said observation offends you, you should consider a behavior change as that's the root of the problem. Try contributing to a discussion instead of saying nothing. That's a good place to start. Or rather, trying saying nothing instead of what you usually say, which amounts to "I hate everyone but myself; vote as I do or you are stupid."
You were making a judgement which is much different than an observation.

I had no ideal of your expertise or behavioral analysts credentials.
Why do you hate free speech and feel the need to control it in others ?

Last edited by phma; 09-15-2017 at 05:27 PM..

Old 09-15-2017, 05:21 PM

8,446 posts, read 4,766,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
By "them", to whom are you referring?

Old 09-15-2017, 05:26 PM

29,531 posts, read 22,757,012 times
Dumb kids these days, now THEY wanna be a 'viral hero' just like their idiotic idols who sit and kneel before the National Anthem.

I don't condone violence, but we've given our youth waaayyy too much leeway and power these days, to act any darned way they want in flaunting the rules, trying to be hostile and different in order to antagonize others, etc.

Whatever happened to being respectful citizens and not pulling dumb stunts like these.

Parents need to do a better job of telling their kids to respect their flag and country and stop with this show off nonsense.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:32 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times
I am a citizen of this country and someone refusing to recite a meaningless pledge of allegiance to it in school doesn't disrespect me.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,332,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Parents need to do a better job of telling their kids to respect their flag and country and stop with this show off nonsense.
His parents did a great job explaining to him how rights and peaceful protests work. How is sitting quietly "show off nonsense"?

Old 09-15-2017, 06:08 PM

29,531 posts, read 22,757,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
His parents did a great job explaining to him how rights and peaceful protests work. How is sitting quietly "show off nonsense"?
Looks like the parents didn't do too hot of a job teaching their kid common sense, decency, and respect.

What, exactly, is this kid peacefully protesting.

This ain't a Rohingya student protesting brutality and violence against their people. This is just a spoiled, self centered kid who loved the attention that such a dumb stunt was sure to provoke.

People like these diminish the power and importance of legitimate social activism and protest against true oppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies