Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 03:53 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Anything you excuse will only get worse. We excused Bush and Obama when they argued that they could ignore a citizens due process rights. We allowed them to throw people in prison without access to council. We allowed them to kill American citizens without as much as a hearing.

We allowed them to use the IRS to go after those whose politics they disagree with.

You can't be surprised when the next guy is as bad or worse.
Trump is not simply "as bad"; nor is he "worse." He's a dangerous, ignorant, narcissistic lunatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 03:54 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I didn't see anywhere in the link where Trump complains about the fact that he "cant dictate who goes to jail"?
Wake up, dude.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:06 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
He doesn't understand the Constitution and the delineation of executive powers v. legislative v. justice system. He thinks a President is in charge of everything. This is what you get when you elect an egomaniac with no experience in governing.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:15 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, I'm sure Trump thinks it is "the saddest thing" that he can't jail anyone who criticizes him and drop charges against all his criminal cronies. Because that's exactly what he would do.

It was always clear to me from Day One that this guy's megalomaniac, dictatorial approach to life will mean attempts to grossly overstep the powers of the Executive branch. And his populist American First spiel is really just a smokescreen to get people to go along with Trump First. I called it a long time ago that this guy is dangerous for our democracy. He does not respect the institutions and checks and balances that are vital to preserve our individual freedoms.

And you Trumpers thought Obama was overstepping his authority... at least he wasn't publicly salivating at trying to jail political opponents and threatening to change libel laws to shut up the press criticisms.

What Trump thinks is the saddest thing is actually the greatest thing for America. If this place survives as a viable representative democracy, it will be because of the checks and balances that withstood this idiot's attempt to behave like a King (and an immature one at that).

Donald Trump: 'Saddest thing' is I'm not supposed to influence DOJ, FBI - Business Insider
So does most of America wish they couldt control the DOJ, especially when they perceive injustices. Moreso under obama than any other administration.

Another TDS..........the imagineers are at the 'what Trump thinks fantasy development game'. Strain too much and you might hurt yourself.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Trump is not simply "as bad"; nor is he "worse." He's a dangerous, ignorant, narcissistic lunatic.
He could be but what do you consider those who have previously got us into all the rest of the endless wars?

Old 11-05-2017, 04:34 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
One of the myriad problems with Trump is that the guy just doesn't grasp the concept of the presidency, its role, its power and limitations. Is that because he is either mendacious or mentally challenged? Or both perhaps.

Trump has shown he is an exceptionally slow learner. He makes the same mistakes over and over again.

Or are they mistakes?

His only gifts are in the arts of deception and deflection.

Trump ran on the Leninist/Bannon platform that he wanted to blow up the system. If that means destroying the very foundations that made this Country great -constitutional government, separation of powers, rule of law- well so be it.

The DOJ is just another part of the executive branch that must be brought down. After all, if the system is to be destroyed, the first go to are those that enforce the rules. A would be destroyer has little need for checks or balances.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:37 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, I'm sure Trump thinks it is "the saddest thing" that he can't jail anyone who criticizes him and drop charges against all his criminal cronies. Because that's exactly what he would do.

It was always clear to me from Day One that this guy's megalomaniac, dictatorial approach to life will mean attempts to grossly overstep the powers of the Executive branch. And his populist American First spiel is really just a smokescreen to get people to go along with Trump First. I called it a long time ago that this guy is dangerous for our democracy. He does not respect the institutions and checks and balances that are vital to preserve our individual freedoms.

And you Trumpers thought Obama was overstepping his authority... at least he wasn't publicly salivating at trying to jail political opponents and threatening to change libel laws to shut up the press criticisms.

What Trump thinks is the saddest thing is actually the greatest thing for America. If this place survives as a viable representative democracy, it will be because of the checks and balances that withstood this idiot's attempt to behave like a King (and an immature one at that).

Donald Trump: 'Saddest thing' is I'm not supposed to influence DOJ, FBI - Business Insider
He is thinking like a common man because I always believed irrespective of parties the common "Politician" term unites them. I have never known any politician or party investigating their opponents, unless they are dictators.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:01 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
He is thinking like a common man because I always believed irrespective of parties the common "Politician" term unites them. I have never known any politician or party investigating their opponents, unless they are dictators.
I would also add that this is exactly the type of action that a guilty man would take. Go figure.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:15 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's very likely.
Damn good reason not to excuse it, then, IMHO.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Damn good reason not to excuse it, then, IMHO.
I didn't vote for him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies