Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:30 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times

Advertisements

You guys elected a quack who didn't even know what a US president does, and it still learning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 10:30 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Trump being frustrated by the limitation of his powers should frighten everybody. Trump wants to be a dictator with unlimited power.

Can you imagine Trump having unlimited power, being able to do whatever he wanted to?! Terrifying stuff.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump being frustrated by the limitation of his powers should frighten everybody. Trump wants to be a dictator with unlimited power.

Can you imagine Trump having unlimited power, being able to do whatever he wanted to?! Terrifying stuff.
That he can't arrange a meeting on the tarmac to plead his case shows what an amateur he is.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:59 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Why can't he control the justice dept? Obama did for 8 years without any problems.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:30 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
It appears that many in his Administration will go to Jail... If done by the Law, he will too, along with his children whom he involved.

consider what is Misprision of Treason

In the United States, misprision of treason is a federal offense, committed where someone who has knowledge of the commission of any treason against the United States, conceals such knowledge and does not inform the President, a federal judge, a State Governor, or a State judge (18 U.S.C. § 2382). It is punishable by a fine and up to seven years in federal prison

What is Misprison:

Old 11-05-2017, 01:32 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If anyone ever addressed it.........just like you didn't.
I’m not saying you don’t have a point. You do, but you act like lack of differentiation on that single issue makes two politicians the same, even when they differ in virtually all other respects.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I’m not saying you don’t have a point. You do, but you act like lack of differentiation on that single issue makes two politicians the same, even when they differ in virtually all other respects.
Except they don't. Trump even took the right position on something like TPP. (Not that he wouldn't reintroduce it as Trump Pacific Partnership).

Trump would NOT be president today if people had spoke up and forced Obama from doing all the stupid things he did.

Hillary was just the next in line to continue that. It has to stop .

Old 11-05-2017, 02:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Anything you excuse will only get worse. We excused Bush and Obama when they argued that they could ignore a citizens due process rights. We allowed them to throw people in prison without access to council. We allowed them to kill American citizens without as much as a hearing.

We allowed them to use the IRS to go after those whose politics they disagree with.

You can't be surprised when the next guy is as bad or worse.
The IRS targeted progressive groups too, so this #FakeNews like I've told you and others who continue to use this talking point for a flawed narrative. Sources: IRS unfairly targeted liberal groups, too, Treasury Department watchdog, IRS targeting included liberal groups - CNNPolitics, https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_3492679.html and https://theconversation.com/the-irs-...-problem-85310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Suppose you tell us of just one case, where Obama did anything like you are describing. Maybe you're thinking of Osama Bin Laden, not getting a proper hearing, before he was taken down?
Which was in a military operation. There was no proof that Bin Laden wasn't armed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So, does that mean if we excuse it now, the next guy will be worse than Trump?
Well in a way that did happen. I mean people blame W. Bush for Obama and Obama in turn for Trump. I instead blame Clinton and her corrupt crony DWS for that.

Quote:
Alawaki was accused (albeit not formally) of being an Al-Qaeda recruiter during a time of war... That would be like letting a Nazi leader go because there wasn't a warrant. War isn't always for those of us who want due process.

Quote:
It's very likely.
Yep and we'll get a liberal at this rate. Oh the horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Trump is not simply "as bad"; nor is he "worse." He's a dangerous, ignorant, narcissistic lunatic.
He is, he is galvanizing our nation. He thinks that the KKK are fine people, thinks the NFL players are SOBs that should get fired and has his VP leave a game on our dime. This is without the "America-First" B.S. that his companies don't practice yet he preaches.

Quote:
He could be but what do you consider those who have previously got us into all the rest of the endless wars?
Yeah and yet Trump wants to bomb the hell out of ISIS and nuke Korea. Care to tell me how that isn't any different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Damn good reason not to excuse it, then, IMHO.
I don't I didn't fully excuse Obama either. Bush was a lame duck by the time I could criticize.

Quote:
I didn't vote for him....
Who did you vote for then, Stein or Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
He didn't run on a platform of the Executive Branch trying to control the Judicial Branch and politicizing who does and doesn't go to jail.
Nope, Trump didn't even other than the Supreme Court seat issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
oh please.. Every President, and political party, wants to control the judicial branch, they make it very well known that if you "elect the other guy" they are going to put wackos on the bench, better vote for our side..
Quote:
Yes he did, Obama and the Democrats ran around telling us that if everyone voted for Republicans our side would put activist judges in place that would outlaw things like abortion, just like the right says that Democrats are gonna make abortion as common as buying a car..

both sides lie about it in order to try to put fear that the other sides gonna unfairly control the judicial branch
The defense in these two posts isn't the same as Trump undermining judges or claiming a judge can't call his case fairly because he is "Mexican" and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That is a flat-out LIE! Why do you do that?

Saying "if you elect the other guy.." is NOT the same as saying that you are frustrated and your inability to tell Federal Prosecutors who they should arrest. That is normal election trail talk and completely fair; this is attempts to directly tell the Justice Dept what to don

No other President in my lifetime has tried to heavy-handedly manipulate who the FBI and Justice Dept goes after like Trump does (but then again, none of them were under investigation for questionable behavior to the extent Trump is).
Exactly. Trump is acting like a fascist through and through this time. Not that I exactly disagree that we should try to be faster with terrorism suspects and subject them to GitMo beds.

Quote:
No its not a flat out lie...

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-legacy-226741

Obama and the Clintons used the IRS to go after conservative groups, the left defended that despite it being illegal, give it a break..
Read the top of this post and come back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Man you really are a one-issue guy
They are, it is all wars, Alawaki or IRS scandal to them.

Quote:
If anyone ever addressed it.........just like you didn't.
I did in this post.

Last edited by mkpunk; 11-05-2017 at 02:28 PM..

Old 11-05-2017, 02:10 PM

We do not target American citizens for death over an accusation.

No, the IRS did not target "left" groups.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
We do not target American citizens for death over an accusation.

No, the IRS did not target "left" groups.
The American in question was on foreign soil and an alleged terrorist with no other way of being brought to justice should we have brought charges forth.

As for the IRS "not targeting 'left' groups," explain these from my links because I guess you didn't read any of them in my last post. I'll make it easier here.
Chicago Tribune
Quote:
A federal watchdog has identified as many as 146 cases in which the Internal Revenue Service may have targeted liberal-leaning groups for extra scrutiny based on their names or political leanings, a finding that could undermine claims that conservatives were unfairly targeted under President Barack Obama.

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration reviewed cases between 2004 and 2013, around the same period TIGTA previously examined in a 2013 report that faulted the IRS for using inappropriate political criteria to select groups for heightened scrutiny.

That earlier report found that 96 groups with names referencing "Tea Party," "Patriot" or "9/12" were selected for intensive review, and the House Ways and Means Committee later identified another 152 right-leaning groups that were subjected to scrutiny. Those findings fueled accusations by Republican lawmakers that the Obama administration engaged in politically motivated targeting of conservatives.

But Democrats have long challenged those claims, arguing that liberal-leaning groups were given close scrutiny alongside the conservative groups.

The 2013 TIGTA report, they argued, was based on selective criteria that omitted numerous nonconservative groups that were also subjected to close IRS review.The new TIGTA report examines a broader range of criteria used by the IRS at the time, including groups affiliated with the now-defunct Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, as well as others referencing "Progressive," "Green Energy," "Medical Marijuana" and "Occupy."

Together, the watchdog identified 146 cases in which the IRS examined left-leaning groups for suspicion of engaging in disallowed political activity. Eighty-three of those were definitively chosen for scrutiny because of the selection criteria, the inspector general found; the report could not definitively determine how the other cases were chosen.
HuffPo
Quote:
The Internal Revenue Service targeted progressive groups applying for tax-exempt status in addition to conservative ones, according to IRS documents released by congressional Democrats on Monday.

The documents and an internal IRS report being sent to congressional committees reveal that the tax agency used terms that included “progressive” and “occupy” to flag progressive organizations for extra scrutiny before the 2012 elections.

The revelations greatly complicate the political scandal that has engulfed the IRS over the past few weeks. An inspector general report in mid-May revealed the tax agency had screened conservative groups with words like “tea party” in their name when considering applications for tax-exempt status. Lawmakers from both parties quickly denounced the creation of such “Be On The Lookout,” or BOLO, lists. Republicans in particular argued the finding proved the IRS was trying to tip the scales of the election during the heat of the campaign.

Now it appears the agency’s BOLOs were applied to organizations across the ideological spectrum. The IRS also screened groups advocating on behalf of Israeli settlements who were applying for non-profit 501(c)(4) status — a criterion that may on its own prove politically toxic.
The Conversation
Quote:
Conservatives have been seething since 2013 over what they say was an unfair and imbalanced effort by the IRS to scrutinize right-leaning organizations more closely than other groups seeking nonprofit status.

As a new report from the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration shows, the IRS did flag some conservative groups out of concern that they might be problematic. But it also paid the same kind of extra attention to liberal organizations with words like “occupy” and “progressive” in their names between 2004 and 2013.

So it’s now official. There was extra scrutiny but there was no liberal bias among the federal employees who determine whether new organizations that want to operate as nonprofits are legitimate – and therefore eligible for the tax-exempt status that goes with that designation.

As a former IRS lawyer who now researches nonprofit regulation, I am relieved to see the claim that the government exclusively targeted conservative organizations officially debunked. I believe this new report ought to usher in a serious discussion about a very real problem: The IRS is too cash-strapped to conduct its oversight of nonprofits of all kinds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies