Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 09:11 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Glad I'm retired and no longer have to navigate the unreasonable sensitivity required at today's workplace.
were you assaulting and raping?

cause if not, why worry?

rumor has it he sexually assaulted a colleague at the olympics in 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 09:13 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Baloney. Women love advances if they are being honest. It’s how they deal with it that makes them the woman they are. If they reject the advances in a respectful, classy way that is where it should end. Harassment is not acceptable, but advances are normal male behavior.
Yes advances are normal male behavior, but in a dating scenario, not a workplace scenario.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Baloney. Women love advances if they are being honest. It’s how they deal with it that makes them the woman they are. If they reject the advances in a respectful, classy way that is where it should end. Harassment is not acceptable, but advances are normal male behavior.
Stop being dishonest and address what you quote, not what you want it to be.

The statement was they do NOT like unwanted advances. You left off a very important distinction.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Laurer has been at NBC for 41 years and is no doubt a 100 millionaire plus as a well paid, will say anything his bosses want, talking head. He's probably not that worried about it unless there are criminal charges to come.
Lauer is 59 years old and has been with NBC for 21 years.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:16 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:

There is the advance- and women are up for it-- then there is the UNWANTED sexual advance... after you say "talk to the hand"- "go away"- "not into you JERK"__ - this whole thing is about the UNWANTED -
which men think you have to put up with--- I know- seen it with others- stopped it myself and jumped all in their face with threats of an HR call- My sons and 21 yr old- grandson respect women- they do not do that-- NO is NO. I have a 9 yr old G-son and we teach him you never touch girls. You cant play the same way... etc depending on age we continue the training of respect!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Of course you believe these tabloids.

I'll bet you pick up a copy of each one at the grocery store check-out and read them cover to cover.
Huh?

It's public knowledge that he did these things... maybe it's also tabloid fodder, but he's admitted to all of it.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Re: Matt Lauer. Good. If he was violating their policies, it's good that they canned him.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not a fan of Lauer. Never watch morning TV news. But I still think the grown up snowflakes from college are now in the workforce. You know who they are. They are the women who have been told men have to ask permission at every step of a sexual advance.

The only women who I might take pity on are the ones who are told, "Perform or be fired."
wtf?

you guys are nuts.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It is nice that the left and the MSM are cannibalizing themselves. I don't like Matt Lauer but unless he did something that is criminal and the accuser was very credible it seems like an overreach.

Wonder who the accuser is, Katie Couric?
Not likely.

Couric left the Today show more than 11 years ago and has moved on.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:24 AM

698 posts, read 568,118 times
The glaring problem that I see is that as a society, we have not come to a sensible way to deal with any of this. Either we pretend it isn't happening anywhere or we burn at the stake anyone thought to have transgressed at any level at all. Can't we do any better than that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies