Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Please, at least try to understand...

There is a reason this thread is constantly "attacked" (criticized) that you don't seem able to understand. Of course the price charts are undeniable facts! Understanding undeniable facts is the issue here. Historical records too, can't be denied. Of course not, but understanding the REASON(S) history unfolds the way it does is very important and not easily done. This is one simple fact or truth you seem unwilling or unable deal with. I can't tell which.

Also please don't go on about what some people may do under whatever circumstances to justify what YOU are doing.

Any intelligent person should only want the facts and well reasoned objective evaluation as to their cause and effect. You want to continue your Trump angle regardless all the rest, that's your choice and prerogative also of course, but surely you can appreciate why people who can consider all the facts, objectively, are always going to be critical of your simple broken record sing song approach to understanding economics, at a minimum!

You want to focus on Trump's positives only? Fine, go ahead, but at least choose positives that Trump truly deserves credit for!

To use an analogy that might help you better understand a bit about facts and such, fact may be the Sun rises in the morning and also an undeniable fact the rooster crows in the morning, but these facts don't make it right or intelligent to give the rooster credit for the Sun rising in the morning. Again, there are a great many other factors involved, causes that make the Sun rise in the morning. All deserving far more credit than the rooster is rightfully due.

Your myopia is what causes the criticism, not an unwillingness to give Trump credit when due.
If you actually knew what my position is you would know that I perceived the conditions for a sideways market in the early spring and exited the markets. I posted it in this thread. I sleep easy not riding the daily ups and downs in a sideway market.
I'm still not in the markets and as I previously stated will be looking for an entry at end of summer and early fall.

If my positive myopia is anything its counter to the negative myopia of those on here. Maybe the balance is what has made the thread so popular. No one should be censored for their economic opinions. Everyone should feel free to announce what they are doing or express their style and comfort level or risk tolerance. Anyone not preserving their investment is a loser.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:58 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

If I a am your financial manager and you give me a million.....and then ask me a decade later what is in your account, I will answer "it's a new record - the highest it's ever been"...even if my return for you has been 2% per year.
with the incompetence you've demonstrated in this thread alone you could never be my(or anyones perhaps) financial manager, though for 2 and 20 I could get you the double digits returns ive had this year.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:03 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
The Dow has been breaking 25,000 all year. What's the big deal.
If you want to impress us bring back the jobs from our adversary China.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:57 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If you actually knew what my position is you would know that I perceived the conditions for a sideways market in the early spring and exited the markets. I posted it in this thread. I sleep easy not riding the daily ups and downs in a sideway market.
I'm still not in the markets and as I previously stated will be looking for an entry at end of summer and early fall.

If my positive myopia is anything its counter to the negative myopia of those on here. Maybe the balance is what has made the thread so popular. No one should be censored for their economic opinions. Everyone should feel free to announce what they are doing or express their style and comfort level or risk tolerance. Anyone not preserving their investment is a loser.
You made your "position" pretty clear by starting this thread with the title you chose. No big mystery there...

Nothing you explain further seems to address what I've tried to explain in return, but that's just more par for the course. The point or question continues to be what credit Americans should give Trump for what has been going on with our economy and stock markets.

You use a word I am always wanting to encourage. "Balance."

"Positive myopia" is no different or better than "negative myopia" in terms of the necessary balance we should all be able to manage when it comes to understanding what is going on around us. "Two wrongs don't make a right" as some might also say.

I don't know if this thread is all that "popular." I think you and a few others just keep returning for your own personal reasons, perhaps in part as I do because I have a little time in the mornings to waste as I wake up before getting on with my day. That and I have a hard time resisting the temptation to separate fact from fiction where it seems needed. That's what drew me to your thread in the first place. An obvious waste of time either way, because again we all know no one changes their opinion about anything in these threads. Most people just want to sound off, hear their own voice, regardless what truth or nonsense they may insist on repeating. That's what's popular in this forum.

Either way, no need to waste any keystrokes explaining all this about censorship or how we are all free to express any style or opinion we wish. Obviously this too is what makes this forum "popular." The freedom to express whatever opinion and waste whatever time our hearts desire...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Officially quite a bit lower than 7 months ago now. Just a blip on the screen, eh?

That's quite a long period for the DOW to stay the same or head down......

Year to day - about 0 percent.....
7 Months - about minus 1%

The real question is "does all this chaos from the sane one improve the baseline situation?"......

My answer is no. Not only that, it hurts it. Never has so little been done with so much. We could have foregone those tax cuts and be balancing the budget and be flourishing - instead we have to guess what the sane one will do each evening.

Well, at least we have some entertainment in the Manafort trial.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
with the incompetence you've demonstrated in this thread alone you could never be my(or anyones perhaps) financial manager, though for 2 and 20 I could get you the double digits returns ive had this year.
Interesting since many of the best of all time (Bogle, etc.) have proven that the indexes beat the vast majority of the stock pickers....

And the Indexes are basically up zero.....

Sure, I beat them....but not nearly as much as I did under Obama....or Clinton. Or even Bush before he destroyed the world markets (by omission or commission, take your choice)...

I'm pleased that you are making the big bucks....someone always wins the lottery. But, as the indexes prove, MOST investors aren't cleaning up this year. Fact.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:48 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Lots of good economic news coming out lately. Market is up, unemployment is way down, yuge and unexpected profits in many sectors, interest rates are stable, housing rising again, and talks of more tax cuts and making middle class cuts permanent. Winning!
Don't forget that that boom was going on for several years before Trump took office.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Don't forget that that boom was going on for several years before Trump took office.
Are you referring to the double bottom in 2015/2016 of the DOW where there was price stagnation for a year and a half ?
Is that the boom ?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Down and down it goes, where it stop no one knows......

We are now down a solid 5% from 6 months ago. One has to wonder why folks start threads on disasters...now, with Turkey, China, Iran and all the other stuff blowing up due to Trumps actions or lack of, things will be even more unsettled going forward.

Don't forget - most all big market downturns happen in the Fall - Depression, GWB Recession, Black Monday (1987) and some others....Oh, all of those under GOP "leaders". All well into many years of "leadership" under the GOP.

Coincidence, I guess....

Old 08-10-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Down and down it goes, where it stop no one knows......

We are now down a solid 5% from 6 months ago. One has to wonder why folks start threads on disasters...now, with Turkey, China, Iran and all the other stuff blowing up due to Trumps actions or lack of, things will be even more unsettled going forward.

Don't forget - most all big market downturns happen in the Fall - Depression, GWB Recession, Black Monday (1987) and some others....Oh, all of those under GOP "leaders". All well into many years of "leadership" under the GOP.

Coincidence, I guess....
Gee I thought the market only went up. What an eye opener !!! Did you sell at the weeks high ?

I'm looking for a place to buy in. So testing the floor won't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies