Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 09:13 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What planet are you talking about?

Republicans absolutely LOVE that Joe Kennedy III gave the official Democrat rebuttal last night. It sums up what that broken party has come to represent these days.

Kennedy has officially branded the Democrat Party as the Anti-American party.
to say nothing of the party of

#spoiledelitewhiteprivilage
#generationalmysogony
#chappaquidick
#waitresssandwich
#desperation
#droolgate

Could be worse-did you see Nancy?
#strokedout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 09:13 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barack's legacy was enacted in the form of Executive orders. President Trump's legacy is being enacted in the form of LAW.
Well the Tax cut, everything else done by EO.

He did sign into law increased sanctions on the Russians. The POTUS has decided that just the threat will stop them.

Just what does PUTIN have on Trump

Old 01-31-2018, 09:14 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Joe Kennedy is a great guy. Some people actually vote according to the candidate's qualifications, regardless of the "name." But the truth is that it wouldn't make any difference who the Democrats chose to give the response. Trump supporters and Republicans in general are so brainwashed (willing to destroy the government in a desperate effort to save the behind of one corrupt man in the White House) and blindly hateful (bootlickers of the wealthy and the elite, dismissive of the average American), they would pi$$ on anybody the Democrats selected.
Shoes on the other foot now huh! I remember Republicans saying the same thing about Obama supporters for the last 8 years! They are politicians - their interest is in their own pocketbook and not their electorate and even when you get a naïve newbie who does want to do right by the people - they either succumb to the political pressure from their party or they don't stand a chance on winning another term.

I voted for Trump in the hope that both parties would see they better get back to basics and do what's right for the American people who elected them.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:15 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Unless the Democrat is so conservative that he/she doesn't even resemble a Democrat, they're always going to **** on any Democrat who gains any sort of prominence.

Notice all the CD posters who say "Democrats should run someone like Jim Webb". It's never an honest recommendation. They're right wingers who essentially want a Democrat to run that's least offensive to their values, but for whom they have no intention of ever really considering for voting.
People would prefer to see the Democrats run someone who is more moderate than far-left? Shocking.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:15 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well the Tax cut, everything else done by EO.

He did sign into law increased sanctions on the Russians. The POTUS has decided that just the threat will stop them.

Just what does PUTIN have on Trump
How many lines did Obama draw?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:18 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Moderates might. How about that blue wall. Would Bill Clinton when he was president not resemble a democrat now? If it is just about identity politics there will always be division.
I'm a little confused by the phrasing of your comment. Moderates might what? And I'm not sure what you're "blue wall" comment is referring to. Can you explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
People would prefer to see the Democrats run someone who is more moderate than far-left? Shocking.
I don't find the CD right-winger definition of "moderate" and "far left" to have any sort of bearing on reality.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Joe Kennedy is a great guy. Some people actually vote according to the candidate's qualifications, regardless of the "name." But the truth is that it wouldn't make any difference who the Democrats chose to give the response. Trump supporters and Republicans in general are so brainwashed (willing to destroy the government in a desperate effort to save the behind of one corrupt man in the White House) and blindly hateful (bootlickers of the wealthy and the elite, dismissive of the average American), they would pi$$ on anybody the Democrats selected.
I don't have any personal issue with Kennedy. In fact, I know little about him other than that he is a Kennedy. He did seem passionate about his speech, and if the speech were actually a rebuttal it may have gone over better. The supposed "rebuttal" was meandering, long-winded, and divisive.

My issue is that the DNC chose quite possibly the whitest rich guy in politics to give the rebuttal speech after years of talking about how evil rich white men are. Even a diehard Democrat has to be wondering what they were thinking on that one.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why? Those are the Dems' bogeymen. For YEARS, Dems have carefully cultivated a voter base who hates both #WhiteMalePrivilege and #InheritedWealth. So then they trot out Joe Kennedy III, who is the epitome of both, as the Dem Party's official spokesman? That's nothing but jaw-dropping self-sabotage.
Is that what FOX and Breitbart tells you?
What is it with people and their binary thinking?
Enlarging the tent to include people of color and women does not mean that white men are being rejected.

Fact: Democratic voters vote for white guys every single time there is an election.

Every.single.time.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Is that what FOX and Breitbart tells you?
What is it with people and their binary thinking?
Enlarging the tent to include people of color and women does not mean that white men are being rejected.

Fact: Democratic voters vote for white guys every single time there is an election.

Every.single.time.
Democratic voters did not, by and large, vote for a white "guy" in 2016.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
I don't have any personal issue with Kennedy. In fact, I know little about him other than that he is a Kennedy. He did seem passionate about his speech, and if the speech were actually a rebuttal it may have gone over better. The supposed "rebuttal" was meandering, long-winded, and divisive.

My issue is that the DNC chose quite possibly the whitest rich guy in politics to give the rebuttal speech after years of talking about how evil rich white men are. Even a diehard Democrat has to be wondering what they were thinking on that one.
Ya, we need another Joe the Plumber type to get up and make a televised speech that supposedly represents the direction of the entire DNC. What I don't understand is why Trump supporters insist on revising Democratic Party history by saying its been talking about "how evil rich white men are." I'm about as tuned into the media and party literature as anyone but I've never got that memo. It seems to have only gone out to friends of FOX, Breitbart and on those on Trump's Re-election mailing list.

Quote:
Democratic voters did not, by and large, vote for a white "guy" in 2016.
In your eyes, what does that prove? I---for one---pick out my wardrobe by color, not my presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies