Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 07:05 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,664,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And if you get sick .... it means that your immune system is not working.
Actually, the pain and suffering you experience with the flu is the result of your immune system's attack on the virus. Your immune system response causes all the symptoms.

Those folks that die from the flu in a day or so (and this was documented during the Spanish Flu) died so rapidly because their immune systems had an aggressive response to the virus and essentially caused excessive fluid in the lungs rapidly.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Actually, the pain and suffering you experience with the flu is the result of your immune system's attack on the virus. Your immune system response causes all the symptoms.

Those folks that die from the flu in a day or so (and this was documented during the Spanish Flu) died so rapidly because their immune systems had an aggressive response to the virus and essentially caused excessive fluid in the lungs rapidly.
And they also lived 100 years ago.

I'm sorry but I refuse to live in fear. One of the few.

Look into Sharyl (not Shari, sorry) Atkinson's research/reporting on how the 2009 *pandemic* evolved... and then was shut down: THE CDC STOPPED COUNTING CASES IN JULY.

Huh? Why? Why would a gov't organization that is called the Centers for Disease Control STOP counting cases of a "pandemic"??? Does that make sense?

No.

The reasoning? Well, we've declared it an epidemic, so it IS an epidemic so we don't need to count no more.

Does that make any SCIENTIFIC SENSE WHATSOEVER?

No.

It'll blow your mind. Seriously. Anyone and EVERYONE posting on this thread needs to learn about it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swine-flu-cases-overestimated/

Here's an excerpt:

In late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for H1N1 flu, and stopped counting individual cases. The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?

Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.

CBS News learned that the decision to stop counting H1N1 flu cases was made so hastily that states weren't given the opportunity to provide input. Instead, on July 24, the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists, CSTE, issued the following notice to state public health officials on behalf of the CDC:
"Attached are the Q&As that will be posted on the CDC website tomorrow explaining why CDC is no longer reporting case counts for novel H1N1. CDC would have liked to have run these by you for input but unfortunately there was not enough time before these needed to be posted (emphasis added)."

Look into it. 2009 swine flu *pandemic* *epidemic* *whateveredemic* *nondemic*

Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
From Sharyl Akinson, CBS news reporter

See her website
https://sharylattkisson.com/2015/04/...rom-2009-push/

"An investigation I conducted in 2009 revealed that the H1N1 swine flu epidemic was far less than the U.S. government had made it out to be. I exclusively obtained lab test results from 50 states when the Centers for Disease Control refused to produce them. The results showed that most of the supposed cases of swine flu were not swine flu at all. In fact, they weren’t any type of flu."

Old 02-09-2018, 07:31 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
The 68/69 flu was dubbed the Hong Kong Flu, a type A. I missed two weeks of school because of it. I remember not caring if I was dead or alive, being young might have had something to do with that emotion. By far, it was the worst flu I've ever had.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:

What were the death stats in the US for 1957 and 1968? I've never heard of anyone ever mentioning these years as proof of pandemic in the UNITED STATES.
If your immune system is "not working" you die.

You feel so bad when you have the flu because of chemicals that your immune system makes.

The definition of pandemic is not based on mortality rates. A pandemic also, by definition, does not involve just one country.

Quote:
The WHO declared 2009 a pandemic after 20 cases.

So, I take all stats from that year with a grain of salt as that is NOT the definition, per the WHO'S OWN DEFINITION of what a pandemic is.

Add in the fact that the vaccine was actually transmitting the flu ... look into that, also, ans 2009 is a year that was ... faulty. All stats are suspect when definitions change and vaccines are faulty.

Also, look into Shari Atkinson's reporting on 2009 flu. Eye opening. And she lost her job because of it.
No, WHO declared a pandemic because the flu had widespread worldwide, 11 Jun 2009:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...c-who-declares

"Swine flu originated in Mexico in April and has spread to 74 countries, infecting more than 27,700 people and killing 140."

I do not know what you think the definition of a pandemic is. Here it is:

WHO | The classical definition of a pandemic is not elusive

"A pandemic is defined as 'an epidemic occurring worldwide, or over a very wide area, crossing international boundaries and usually affecting a large number of people'.

The classical definition includes nothing about population immunity, virology or disease severity."

"A true influenza pandemic occurs when almost simultaneous transmission takes place worldwide. In the case of pandemic influenza A(H1N1), widespread transmission was documented in both hemispheres between April and September 2009. Transmission occurred early in the influenza season in the temperate southern hemisphere but out of season in the northern hemisphere. This out-of-season transmission is what characterizes an influenza pandemic, as distinct from a pandemic due to another type of virus."

If you mean Sharyl Attkisson, she scores extremely high in anti-vax lunacy. Her departure from CBS had nothing to do with vaccine reporting, however.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/media...bs-news-184836

The flu vaccine does not spread flu. The virus is dead. It cannot reproduce and infect other people.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:33 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
People can still get sick, even with a healthy immune system. How their body responds to that sickness may vary quite a bit depending on their overall health. Taking an active role will help in getting better if one does get the flu. What an active role means to different people will vary depending on their view of health.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:37 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The 68/69 flu was dubbed the Hong Kong Flu, a type A. I missed two weeks of school because of it. I remember not caring if I was dead or alive, being young might have had something to do with that emotion. By far, it was the worst flu I've ever had.
My mother had the same flu and she talks about it to this day. She was about 29 years old then (I was 8 or 9). She's gotten a flu shot every year since. Somehow, no one in the house caught it from her.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I read an update that there were 10,000 cases of flu reported in NJ this year. Although that sounds like a lot, considering the population and density of the state, it's only less than 0.2 percent in the most density populated state. It's still a bad flu year, but it's not like Armageddon.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:45 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
The WHO declared 2009 a pandemic after 20 cases.

So, I take all stats from that year with a grain of salt as that is NOT the definition, per the WHO'S OWN DEFINITION of what a pandemic is.

Add in the fact that the vaccine was actually transmitting the flu ... look into that, also, ans 2009 is a year that was ... faulty. All stats are suspect when definitions change and vaccines are faulty.

Also, look into Shari Atkinson's reporting on 2009 flu. Eye opening. And she lost her job because of it.
This post is misleading.

The World Health Organization has specific trigger points in alerting the world community of threats to health. They have been remarkably accurate and have saved lives.

Based in Geneva Switzerland, WHO has a reputation of astute and singular abilities. I'm not sure what the poster is referring to about Ms. Atkinson (link?) however, reporting a pandemic after 20 cases is not plausible. Vector, transmissibility, and mortality all play roles in WHO monitoring and alert status.

Here is the link for 2009 since it was mentioned.

WHO | Current WHO phase of pandemic alert for Pandemic (H1N1) 2009

Old 02-09-2018, 07:49 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

This is accurate though there are many causes of rapid death, flash pulmonary edema which you cite is one. Another is the reality that parents and adults take multiple over the counter medications and may combine these with other drugs. This can result in a decreased respiratory rate. The "how" this happens is complex but basically the brain, which triggers the respiratory drive, (the impetus to breathe) goes to sleep due to use of multiple medications designed to promote sleep, control coughs and reduce fever and aches and pains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies