Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 03:49 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Based on gender? How sexist of you.
I didn't say based on gender but based on merit. How many reports in the last year or century have there been that women doing the same job as men are being passed up for leadership roles and a huge pay gap? There are reports and stats conducted by the government every year. It's public information. If you don't recognize there is a problem with that, you are part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 03:49 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Do you have any clue how terrible that sounds?
As guys, we typically aren't going to understand what sexual harrasment feels like, but I've seen its effects on people close to me, and it has major impacts on its victims.

Imagine working somewhere and relying on that paycheck to feed your kids. Imagine your gay, male boss takes a liking to you, and starts calling you into his office to talk. Starts touching you inappropriately, and makes it clear that your job is on the line. Then he starts rubbing his dick into you, and says that you will have to finish up the work at his place since it's getting late.

While he's taking your anal virginity so that you can feed your kids, are you going to tell yourself, it's nothing, this guy probably deserves a raise for his hard work?

Uh. Is this some kind of fantasy of yours?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Any man who is afraid of mentoring a women must be scared because he knows he'll cross the line and sexually harass her. Why else would he be afraid?
Why else? Unsubstantiated accusations that are automatically believed as true.

I'm a woman. I have daughters. This is setting ALL of us back. Men are stepping back into a defensive, no risk mode, and I don't blame them.

Taken too far, and has done more harm than good.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I didn't say based on gender but based on merit. How many reports in the last year or century have there been that women doing the same job as men are being passed up for leadership roles and a huge pay gap? There are reports and stats conducted by the government every year. It's public information. If you don't recognize there is a problem with that, you are part of it.
You said:

Quote:
More women should be in a position of leadership and power, period.
You did not say "I wish more women would be best qualified for positions of leadership and power, and be selected for those positions." You want women to be in those positions just because of their gender, which is sexist.

The rest of your post is nonsense; stating that a woman was passed up in 1950 has no relevance today. If a woman was passed up due to gender, then their should be a finding of discrimination by the EEOC.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:56 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but part of me understands where they are coming from. Having been on the receiving end of sexual harassment and the vicious retaliation I experienced for standing up for myself, for a long time I limited myself to women-dominated workplaces. I know it was irrational, but at the time my objective was to protect myself and not have to be in an environment where I felt I needed to have my guard up all the time.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:57 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
why do adult grown women need mentors in the first place? mentoring is for high school kids
Mentoring talented junior employees is SOP in many firms. In fact, many senior employees are judged by how many they've successfully mentored.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You said:

You did not say "I wish more women would be best qualified for positions of leadership and power, and be selected for those positions." You want women to be in those positions just because of their gender, which is sexist.

The rest of your post is nonsense; stating that a woman was passed up in 1950 has no relevance today. If a woman was passed up due to gender, then their should be a finding of discrimination by the EEOC.

Again, I stand by what I said. There are plenty of men in power with no merit in the position they hold. One example is Donnie boy just to name a few. Women have to work twice as hard to get the same position and pay as men. That's a fact.

The rest of your post is nonsense. There is nowhere in my statement that I even mentioned 1950. Most of the EEOC is run by men. Women are intimidated and threatened by men in positions of power. Where have you been in the last year? In a bubble or just denial?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why else? Unsubstantiated accusations that are automatically believed as true.

I'm a woman. I have daughters. This is setting ALL of us back. Men are stepping back into a defensive, no risk mode, and I don't blame them.

Taken too far, and has done more harm than good.
Not to mention a woman might have a husband, or sons or brothers etc or just any male person they admire, negatively affected by this kind of extreme female identity politics.

And like I pointed out sometimes women are directly persecuted by the sexual harassment hysteria.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Again, I stand by what I said. There are plenty of men in power with no merit in the position they hold. One example is Donnie boy just to name a few. Women have to work twice as hard to get to the same position and pay as men. That's a fact.

The rest of your post is nonsense. There is nowhere in my statement that I even mentioned 1950.
That's not a fact. You do not know the hardship and obstacles many men go through to get anywhere. That's why percentage wise men have worse outcomes than women overall.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Endorsing a witch hunt culture that punishes for mere accusations + begging to be mentored = #gottohell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies