Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 06:58 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times

Advertisements

#BetterSafeThanSorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 06:58 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If what you said were true, why would anybody hire men when women are cheaper for doing the same job with the same quality?
It's called the good ol boy's club.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:03 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No one is saying real cases of harassment don't take place, but the solution cannot be that every woman can destroy a man's life any time she feels like doing so.

As for your hypothetical gay supervisor...

I want my gay supervisor's job, and while he has always been respectful of me, he's in my way.

My gay boss gave me a really bad review, but I plan to claim the bad review is retaliation for rejecting his sexual advances.
LOL. It's a good point, but like in your own example, men can make false allegations as well. Also despite the claims in this thread, there is no proof that false allegations have increased since #MeToo.

There's also a very easy solution to the problem that so many in this thread claim now exists. Have a camera in your office. Problem solved.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
How stupid they must be!

Even for female business owners?

Old 02-08-2018, 07:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
It's called not bringing a person into the boat who has a loaded gun and a demonstrably twitchy trigger finger.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
There's also a very easy solution to the problem that so many in this thread claim now exists. Have a camera in your office. Problem solved.
Our solution is easier. Your solution is a sign of a bizarre culture that no one wants.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:10 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How stupid they must be!

Even for female business owners?
How uneducated and misinformed you must be. There are far more business owners that are men than women. Most of America knows that fact!

https://www.nwbc.gov/sites/default/f...rences_508.pdf

Done discussing with the uneducated and misinformed. Do a little research. It's not that difficult.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I agree that the unsubstantiated accusation are assumed to be true, but it really wouldn't matter if they weren't believed.

The danger to a business comes from the lawsuit the female will be certain to bring if the male isn't terminated.

The business will always do what is in the interest of the owners, and in this situation that means firing the male regardless of guilt or innocence.

Furthermore, the female that brought the complaint is forever untouchable because she can claim any future disciplinary action taken against her or any missed promotion is retaliation.
This. Currently, its like bringing a time bomb on board who can take everything and everyone hostage with a Tweet.

The #metoo "movement" and its lack of critical outcomes is irrational.

A male response that seeks to distance themselves from that irrationality is rational.

Women can make this better by demanding a just and non-Stalinist culture in which people cannot be penalized for mere accusations.

It's a choice.

#dueprocess

Old 02-08-2018, 07:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
Quote:
You can be the poster (fill in whatever you like to be referred to as) for the man-hating side of today's feminism that men are protecting themselves from in the workplace. I would think being a perpetual victim would be exhausting but perhaps you draw strength from it.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:13 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,755,620 times
The women get paid less article is based on the average pay men gets overall working full time vs a woman working full time in all jobs. They said since its not equal then its discrimination but the thing is generally speaking men normally take higher paying or more dangerous or more stressful work such as STEM, construction jobs, tech, etc and generally women are ok with being a school teacher, working at the library, etc so the overall pay for men is more. This is not saying that women do not work in STEM, or construction jobs, tech, etc and men aren't school teachers, work at the library, etc but generally speaking men work jobs that pay more so overall for men they get paid more.

If that article was true and women did get paid less then nobody would hire men because it would just be cheaper to hire all women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies