Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 05:46 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why else? Unsubstantiated accusations that are automatically believed as true.

I'm a woman. I have daughters. This is setting ALL of us back. Men are stepping back into a defensive, no risk mode, and I don't blame them.

Taken too far, and has done more harm than good.

I agree that the unsubstantiated accusation are assumed to be true, but it really wouldn't matter if they weren't believed.

The danger to a business comes from the lawsuit the female will be certain to bring if the male isn't terminated.

The business will always do what is in the interest of the owners, and in this situation that means firing the male regardless of guilt or innocence.

Furthermore, the female that brought the complaint is forever untouchable because she can claim any future disciplinary action taken against her or any missed promotion is retaliation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 05:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Welp, I work for a Fortune 500 company and work is moving along same as it was this time last year.

But then again - men and women been working together here for a number of years with no outrageous conduct alleged on either side.

Like normal humans.

Huh.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I would think this could result in discrimination claims - treating male co-workers differently than female co-workers. If you mentor only men obviously they are getting a special benefit that women cannot access. If you close the door with men and leave it open with women consistently, this could be a real issue of discrimination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Maybe no one should be alone together then. Harassment could happen between two men or two women, and now there are more genders and sexualities so maybe no one can be alone together anymore. Chaperones for everyone.

Whatever, but the problem is with men being falsely accused. I can assure you that none of our managers will not go down for that.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Whatever, but the problem is with men being falsely accused. I can assure you that none of our managers will not go down for that.
Really? No problem with sexual harassment then - just men being falsely accused?

Pffft.

"None of our managers will not go down for that"???

Old 02-08-2018, 05:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No one is saying real cases of harassment don't take place, but the solution cannot be that every woman can destroy a man's life any time she feels like doing so.

As for your hypothetical gay supervisor...

I want my gay supervisor's job, and while he has always been respectful of me, he's in my way.

My gay boss gave me a really bad review, but I plan to claim the bad review is retaliation for rejecting his sexual advances.
Exactly. Liberals have put straight males in the closet.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:57 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Any man who is afraid of mentoring a women must be scared because he knows he'll cross the line and sexually harass her. Why else would he be afraid?
Because there are so many dishonest women who want attention while trying to destroy his life. I don't listen to any of them anymore. You cannot show kindness to many women without their taking it the wrong way. These women are nuts and their actions will end up harming all women. That won't stop the gold-digging though.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Waiting for that government study link that says there is no pay gap between women and men.
If there is truly a pay gap, no sane business would hire men.

Businesses aren’t in the business of protecting patriarchy. They are greedy people who want to squeeze every dollar they can as we are told. Why would they hire men if they can pay women cheaper for doing the same job with the same quality?

To believe that, one must believe all businesspeople, women included, are insanely stupid.

How about you and I start a new company hiring only women on the cheap so that we can undercut the entire world?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Any man who is afraid of mentoring a women must be scared because he knows he'll cross the line and sexually harass her. Why else would he be afraid?
Are all women saint? I am not.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If there is truly a pay gap, no sane business would hire men.

Businesses aren’t in the business of protecting patriarchy. They are greedy people who want to squeeze every dollar they can as we are told. Why would they hire men if they can pay women cheaper for doing the same job with the same quality?

To believe that, one must believe all businesspeople, women included, are insanely stupid.

How about you and I start a new company hiring only women on the cheap so that we can undercut the entire world?

What you are saying is not factual. You can research it. It has been proven over and over again in numerous business sectors. If I started my own business, women and men doing the same work would get the same pay, period.

You can't find anything that contradicts that because it isn't true. Again, fake news.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:08 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Female lynch mobs are roaming the land..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies