Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 06:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
What you are saying is not factual. You can research it. It has been proven over and over again in numerous business sectors. If I started my own business, women and men doing the same work would get the same pay, period.

You can't find anything that contradicts that because it isn't true. Again, fake news.
We can pay our female employees less than our competitors. Payroll cost is the biggest cost in many businesses.

We would be beating the living crap out our competitors, both on price and quality!

If what you said were true, why would anybody hire men when women are cheaper for doing the same job with the same quality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 06:17 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
If they thought there wouldn't be any blowback from all of this...

Old 02-08-2018, 06:28 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
What you are saying is not factual. You can research it. It has been proven over and over again in numerous business sectors. If I started my own business, women and men doing the same work would get the same pay, period.

You can't find anything that contradicts that because it isn't true. Again, fake news.
You're determined to be a victim, aren't you. It has been debunked many times. Women on average only make less than men when all the variables aren't controlled for.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karinag.../#3327df192596

The Gender Wage Gap Myth and 5 Other Feminist Fantasies | Time
MYTH 5: Women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man earns—for doing the same work.

FACTS: No matter how many times this wage gap claim is decisively refuted by economists, it always comes back. The bottom line: the 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours worked per week. When such relevant factors are considered, the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing.

Go ahead and keep telling yourself that "The Man" is keeping you down and not yourself.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:35 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? No problem with sexual harassment then - just men being falsely accused?

Pffft.

"None of our managers will not go down for that"???

Well, how does anyone know for sure?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:42 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because there are so many dishonest women who want attention while trying to destroy his life. I don't listen to any of them anymore. You cannot show kindness to many women without their taking it the wrong way. These women are nuts and their actions will end up harming all women. That won't stop the gold-digging though.

No one can be given the power to destroy someone else's life with a simple accusation, but that's where we are.

In the long run, I see this hurting women more than men.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:45 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:
Is that suppose to be informative?
You are apparently a victim. Why not change jobs?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:51 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You're determined to be a victim, aren't you. It has been debunked many times. Women on average only make less than men when all the variables aren't controlled fo

r.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karinag.../#3327df192596

The Gender Wage Gap Myth and 5 Other Feminist Fantasies | Time
MYTH 5: Women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man earns—for doing the same work.

FACTS: No matter how many times this wage gap claim is decisively refuted by economists, it always comes back. The bottom line: the 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours worked per week. When such relevant factors are considered, the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing.

Go ahead and keep telling yourself that "The Man" is keeping you down and not yourself.

You are determined to sound uneducated and spread your bias rhetoric. You can call it what you want. First, I'm talking about all women. Second, this bias article refers to the White House Report, with Donnie boy in the White House, I'll take it with a grain of salt because everything that comes out of his administration is a lie.

The link to the White House in the article is not available for access. Wonder why? Then the other link provides there IS a gap. This is the link to the article which I read. Did you? Title is as follows-

Women Deserve Equal Pay
https://now.org/resource/women-deser...pay-factsheet/

The other link in the article is titled

The Simply Truth about Gender Pay Gap

https://www.aauw.org/research/the-si...ender-pay-gap/

It states the following along with giving different reasons:

The gap has narrowed since the 1970s, due largely to women’s progress in education and workforce participation and to men’s wages rising at a slower rate. Still, the pay gap does not appear likely to go away on its own. At the rate of change between 1960 and 2016, women are expected to reach pay equity with men in 2059. But even that slow progress has stalled in recent years. If change continues at the slower rate seen since 2001, women will not reach pay equity with men until 2119.

Thanks for the additional information confirming the pay gap problem. Education and knowledge is never wasted.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:55 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
You are apparently a victim. Why not change jobs?

Nope, I enjoy serving my country. You must be a Trump supporter. How about you trying leaving your bubble.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:56 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
You are determined to sound uneducated and spread your bias rhetoric. You can call it what you want. First, I'm talking about all women. Second, this bias article refers to the White House Report, with Donnie boy in the White House, I'll take it with a grain of salt because everything that comes out of his administration is a lie.

The link to the White House in the article is not available for access. Wonder why? Then the other link provides there IS a gap. This is the link to the article which I read. Did you? Title is as follows-

Women Deserve Equal Pay
https://now.org/resource/women-deser...pay-factsheet/

The other link in the article is titled

The Simply Truth about Gender Pay Gap

https://www.aauw.org/research/the-si...ender-pay-gap/

It states the following along with giving different reasons:

The gap has narrowed since the 1970s, due largely to women’s progress in education and workforce participation and to men’s wages rising at a slower rate. Still, the pay gap does not appear likely to go away on its own. At the rate of change between 1960 and 2016, women are expected to reach pay equity with men in 2059. But even that slow progress has stalled in recent years. If change continues at the slower rate seen since 2001, women will not reach pay equity with men until 2119.

Thanks for the additional information confirming the pay gap problem. Education and knowledge is never wasted.

If what you said were true, why would anybody hire men when women are cheaper for doing the same job with the same quality?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:57 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
You guys are hijacking the thread with this pay gap discussion. Could you please take that to another thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies