Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 03:27 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
You're wrong.

& Pence was right. (Regarding his DC Dinner rule)

Not one of my male peers in middle management (from now on) will allow themselves to be alone (or with a door closed) with ANY woman (that they work with)......ever. It's been discussed (alot).

Mentoring? Not a freaking chance.
I would think this could result in discrimination claims - treating male co-workers differently than female co-workers. If you mentor only men obviously they are getting a special benefit that women cannot access. If you close the door with men and leave it open with women consistently, this could be a real issue of discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 03:29 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Any man who is afraid of mentoring a women must be scared because he knows he'll cross the line and sexually harass her. Why else would he be afraid?
Because there is no defense against a false accusation.

Even if it is a simple misunderstanding about what was meant, the man is always fired because it's cheaper to fire him than to face a lawsuit for not firing him.

FTR, if this male witch hunt ends up biting women in the ass, understand that this is what a large number of women wanted.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
What's particularly sad is that in my corporate career I did mentor many women, but were I still working (I retired) I would not allow myself to be alone with a woman at work nor would I joke with a woman about anything. I do serve on several Boards, corporate and non-profit, plus I volunteer some, and I am cautious around women given the current environment.

I haven't told a joke at work in years.

Thanks humorless feminist killjoys!

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's just identity politics and the resultant division and oppressiveness it invariably creates. Leftist always seek to divide everyone ,and overregulate (and overtax) just about everything that happens under the sun and that is oppressive.
No matter the reason for it, I worked too hard for too long to risk my reputation trying to help someone who might have a different agenda than advancing in her career. Man-hating is in vogue these days.

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
More women should be in a position of leadership and power, period.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:36 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm saying the underlining allegations true or not are mostly nothingburgers but the repercussion and consequences are very severe. Severe consequences for nothingburgers is the point mainly because of identity politics and more recent laws related to economic liability. .
Do you have any clue how terrible that sounds?
As guys, we typically aren't going to understand what sexual harrasment feels like, but I've seen its effects on people close to me, and it has major impacts on its victims.

Imagine working somewhere and relying on that paycheck to feed your kids. Imagine your gay, male boss takes a liking to you, and starts calling you into his office to talk. Starts touching you inappropriately, and makes it clear that your job is on the line. Then he starts rubbing his dick into you, and says that you will have to finish up the work at his place since it's getting late.

While he's taking your anal virginity so that you can feed your kids, are you going to tell yourself, it's nothing, this guy probably deserves a raise for his hard work?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:40 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
And your attitude is exactly why men are avoiding women in the workplace. Men are afraid of false allegations whether you want to recognize it or not.
I'm not afraid of false accusations. My boys at the top financial firms in the country aren't worried about false claims. They're picking up thots in the club, getting rub and tugs for lunch, or hitting up a strip club if they don't need to bust one.

Edit: We also have no trouble flirting at work. We follow the the simple rule of not doing with employees under us. It's literally that simple.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 PM

2,505 posts, read 3,408,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I haven't told a joke at work in years.

Thanks humorless feminist killjoys!
Yes. Liberal derangement disease destroys nearly everything fun/good/positive in society.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
More women should be in a position of leadership and power, period.
Based on gender? How sexist of you.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Do you have any clue how terrible that sounds?
As guys, we typically aren't going to understand what sexual harrasment feels like, but I've seen its effects on people close to me, and it has major impacts on its victims.

Imagine working somewhere and relying on that paycheck to feed your kids. Imagine your gay, male boss takes a liking to you, and starts calling you into his office to talk. Starts touching you inappropriately, and makes it clear that your job is on the line. Then he starts rubbing his dick into you, and says that you will have to finish up the work at his place since it's getting late.

While he's taking your anal virginity so that you can feed your kids, are you going to tell yourself, it's nothing, this guy probably deserves a raise for his hard work?
You are making an apples and oranges argument. That's what sexual harassment was sold at first to be, but long is not anymore. I've had gay and straight bosses flirt with me before. It's no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies