Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 06:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
This is so dang funny in a lot of ways. Sickening also.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s/#more-145947

"The indictment itself is full of fluff and clearly presents itself as political posturing. The Mueller investigation had to find something, anything; and what they came up with reflects how little substance exists. This is one of those examples where it pays to read the actual indictment; and contrast the facts laid out against the method of salesmanship and parseltongue. It is not a difficult read – even Boris and Natasha could do it.

Example: “unwitting Trump campaign official” is really – A single New York volunteer campaign worker agreed to give some signs to a pro-Trump rally."
The spin-monkeys are hard at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Only 13 Indictment's?? For saying disparaging things about a person. How Ridiculous.

What about all the US citizens that were doing the same thing during the 2016 election campaign on YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK and you name the sites.....
Didn't read the indictments, did you?

You know, your posts would be more likely to be taken seriously if you did your homework.

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Id like to be able to claim this is the most ridiculous post of the day....but its early yet.

Apparently you are fine with the Russians doing this?

And they did more then say disparaging things. Perhaps you should read the indictments.
I'm fine with the DNC getting better cybersecurity

Old 02-16-2018, 07:00 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you were never influence by a BOT.

Why are you so worked up about it then?
Because he loves his country, would be my guess.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:01 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

You know, your posts would be more likely to be taken seriously if you did your homework.

We did. And it doesn't implicate Trump in any way air show votes were changed

Old 02-16-2018, 07:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
So, a Soros indictment for interfering in US and EU elections is coming next?

This is a guy who thinks that people talking to one another over social media, about politics that he disagrees with, constitutes a "danger" that should be regulated.

These indictments of the political speech of foreign nationals are a toe in the water for prosecution of anti-Left political speech in general.
Hmm...depends on if the EU has a case for it. Ask them.

But not in the US as he is a American citizen

And these indictments involve people using false identities, concealing who they are, not registering as foreign agents, and illegally funding election activities in our country. Just to start with.

The rest of your comment is also just nonsense. toe in the water for prosecution of anti-left political speech in general? What utter nonsense.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:04 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Hmmm...probably when I heard some Tchaikovsky the other day.

Actually, Russia's government's actions have raised my blood pressure considerably ever since they invaded and stole Crimea and attacked Ukraine. started a war, killed over 2,000 civilians in the process and starved additional hundreds of thousands.

Russia started its attack on Ukraine with some of the same techniques outlined in today's indictments. Now, I don't think we'll be losing any of our territory to Russia or be invaded. Not outside of the virtual world, that is. But online - they're already here and have been for some time.

So yes, I have been influenced - I worry about the future of my country and become exasperated with those who absolutely worship Trump and cannot even admit the possibility of Russian interference and influence, despite the growing heap of evidence right before their eyes.

Please note, you asked if _I_, not my vote, had been influenced by a Russian, although I assume you meant my vote, not me personally.

So - in light of what I knew at the time of the election, I was determined to vote for Hillary Clinton. That decision would be the same and my support for Clinton would be even stronger if the election were held today, in light of all that we have learned about Trump's policies, personal inadequacies, corruption and character flaws, and about Russian interference and the multitude of Russian connections of various kinds within the Trump administration's members and within Trump's own family and in Trump's own past business dealings.

Hillary Clinton's flaws and issues are minor, compared to those of Trump.

Maybe you don't realize that entire incident was in response to the Obama administration's CIA orchestrated coop of the Democratically elected Ukrainian government. The fact that Joe Biden's son was put into charge of the new Ukraine's oil resources speaks to this. Putin protected Russia's interests. The hapless Obama thought he wouldn't do anything. He was wrong.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
We have no business placing sanctions on anyone.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:05 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:

I did.

There is no mention of the Russian government or Trump doing anything wrong.

Sounds like maybe you need to do some reading.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Maybe you don't realize that entire incident was in response to the Obama administrations CIA orchestrated coop of the Democratically elected government. The fact that Joe Biden's son was put into charge of the new Ukraine's oil resources speaks to this.
Ahhh good ol whataboutism. If you want to debate the whole Ukraine situation, I would suggest a thread about Russians being indicted for operations supporting Donald Trump might be a bit of a stretch.

Quote:
I did.

There is no mention of the Russian government or Trump doing anything wrong.
Well half right is better then usual. There is no mention in this indictment of Trump doing anything wrong. Might not ever be, or that might be the next one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies