Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 02:41 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You can still support the 2nd amendment while wanting to have gun reform. Background checks, waiting periods, assault weapons can and should be regulated.
"assault weapons can and should be regulated."

How can you regulate something that does NOT exist?

Just because some anti-gun nut calls a particular rifle an "assault weapon/rifle, does NOT make it one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 02:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

When has any of our enemies every followed the Geneva convention?
In Zubaydah's case, the torture didn't even work. The CIA spent millions chasing after false alarms provided by him, which he provided to make the torture stop.

Only after all that did the CIA figure out that he had no useful information at all.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:

Why do you want us to lower ourselves and our standards?

It's not the actions of our enemies that is the issue. It's our own actions.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:49 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:

So, when you see other people littering, you litter too?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,087,513 times
“She Tortured Just for the Sake of Torture”: CIA Whistleblower on Trump’s New CIA Pick Gina Haspel

Quote:
We did call her Bloody Gina. Gina was always very quick and very willing to use force. You know, there was a group of officers in the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center, when I was—when I was serving there, who—I hate to even make the accusation out loud, but I’m going to say it: who enjoyed using force. Yeah, everybody knew that torture didn’t work. That’s not even the issue. Lots of different things work. Was it moral, and was it ethical, and was it legal? I think the answers to those questions are very clearly no. But Gina and people like Gina did it, I think, because they enjoyed doing it. They tortured just for the sake of torture, not for the sake of gathering information.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:14 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times
Quote:
You act as if EVERY country follows EVERY rule the UN has.

You ARE delusional!
No, but I find it interesting how some say rules or laws aren’t to be broken for other things, but for this it’s ok

Old 03-15-2018, 04:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I don't care for war criminals regardless of gender.
Oh boo fricking hoo....cry us a river. Some poor wittle terrowists got waterboarded and sleep deprived and harassed til they spilled the beans.

I don't care at all. And when they were done they should have been shot. Except Obozo just turned them loose back in their own countries so they could rejoin up with all their Jihad pals.

I sleep better knowing somewhere some jihadist is having a bad day (or his last one).

Old 03-15-2018, 04:59 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,087,513 times
Snowden rips Trump's CIA pick over torture program

Quote:
"Interesting: The new CIA Director Haspel, who 'tortured some folks,' probably can't travel to the EU to meet other spy chiefs without facing arrest due to an @ECCHRBerlin complaint to Germany's federal prosecutor," wrote Snowden, referring to a complaint filed by the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
This is rich. Germany’s “federal prosecutor”, from the home of the Nazi death camps, has a problem with America’s CIA Director?

Go visit Dachau, Herr Bundesanwaltschaft. In contrast to how the US deals with terrorists, it should remind you of what the torture of INNOCENT people is all about, since your country is the master of it.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
Default Correction: Trump’s Pick to Head CIA Did Not Oversee Waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah

Correction? Say what? All the sanctimonious hair pulling and chest beating and it never happened ?

Damn! From Pro Publica -

" Feb. 22, 2017, ProPublica published a story that inaccurately described Gina Haspel’s role in the treatment of Abu Zubaydah, a suspected al-Qaida leader who was imprisoned by the CIA at a secret “black site” in Thailand in 2002.

The story said that Haspel, a career CIA officer who President Trump has nominated to be the next director of central intelligence, oversaw the clandestine base where Zubaydah was subjected to waterboarding and other coercive interrogation methods that are widely seen as torture. The story also said she mocked the prisoner’s suffering in a private conversation. Neither of these assertions is correct and we retract them. It is now clear that Haspel did not take charge of the base until after the interrogation of Zubaydah ended"

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...ole-in-torture

Betcha Putin’s blackmailing them, eh libs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies