Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 02:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Holy CRAP!!! My eyes burst into flames after reading that! Woah!!

Whoa, Nelly!

If that article is accurate, that would explain tRump's wild fits over the Feds seizing Cohen's records last week.

And Cohen?

Better keep him separated from any cyanide pills that might be within reach.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:01 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Always appreciate your breakdowns
The posters breakdowns are mostly based on the posters wild imagination and have little basis in reality or law. The poster has made several assumptions that are correct but the majority are wrong. The poster tries to tie everyone and everything into Trump and now Cohen who has been accused of wrong doing where threre is no clear connection.

Wake me up when the investigation hits Illinois.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:02 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is a thoughtful piece on why it may not matter whether Cohen will flip if pressed with serious charges:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/0...-donald-trump/

A very interesting article indeed, especially about that 'social club' business. Thanks for the link.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:03 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Seems like an imaginary parade in your head. We are talking about the DOJ/SDNY’s criminal investigation where Cohen is the subject. It’s unfortunate you lack the capacity to differentiate the two. Hope this helps.
I'm talking about circle jerk threads like this one where there are literally thousands of posts by the usual suspects all going on about how they got Trump this time.

You guys have been saying that for well over a year now, and still nothing.

Meanwhile former top Obama administration FBI, and DOJ officials are publicly pointing fingers at each other, and the IG just referred McCabe for criminal investigation.

This is just the beginning, I suspect much more will be coming out...soon.

https://twitter.com/drawandstrike/st...69338367688704

Old 04-19-2018, 03:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm talking about circle jerk threads like this one where there are literally thousands of posts by the usual suspects all going on about how they got Trump this time.

You guys have been saying that for well over a year now, and still nothing.
I'm surprised you didn't work in a quip about Hillary

Old 04-19-2018, 03:05 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Whoa, Nelly!

If that article is accurate, that would explain tRump's wild fits over the Feds seizing Cohen's records last week.

And Cohen?

I really do suspect Trump’s foreign transactions have a good deal of criminality attached to them. I think FCPA violations alone are probably staggering. Cohen is an important player in this enterprise and I’m so very grateful the DOJ is investigating this. Bust that door down! Oh wait, they really did...

Old 04-19-2018, 03:06 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Holy CRAP!!! My eyes burst into flames after reading that! Woah!!
Good luck getting Cuomo to play ball. Pay very close attention to what happens to Schindeman's request. I doubt anything meaningful comes if it and if something is done there will be loop holes within loopholes to get around it.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:07 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Keep hanging on to that hang on tight cause it's all you got
This was reported a couple of weeks ago. This is from the Bloomberg article

Quote:
Rosenstein’s message may have been based on a technicality. Trump may not officially be a target, but Mueller hasn’t ruled out making him one at some point in the future, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the unfolding investigation.

‘Fairly Standard’
“I don’t know what it means. It is a fairly standard part of any investigation -- trying to decide whether a person you’re encountering is a witness, a subject or a target,” former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by Trump, said Thursday on CNN when asked what Rosenstein’s assurance to Trump means at this point.

A target is someone about whom an investigation and a grand jury “developed significant evidence -- evidence sufficient to charge,” Comey said.
Nothing has really changed. If Trump needs to hear he is not a "target" so be it. Nobody has said he is not a "subject".

Old 04-19-2018, 03:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Keep hanging on to that hang on tight cause it's all you got
I'm not having to hang on to anything, lgr.

It's tRump vs America. And America's gonna win. I'm on America's side in this little kerfuffle.

Be careful which side you choose.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:31 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Whoa, Nelly!

And Cohen?

If those relationships are real... oh and Cohen outside the courtroom smoking cigars and chumming with a Russian mafioso with ties to Putin!?!

This can’t be real....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies