Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 04:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Yeah, not like those virtue signaling with other people's money
Quote:
Virtue signaling: the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
I can't believe ANYONE who participates on THIS board thinks they DO NOT engage in this behavior.

What a weak insult.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Are you really concerned about the nutritional habits and the health of poor people, or do you just want to cut off food assistance to them? Poor kids should be able to have a soda every once in a while too. They shouldn't be treated like subhumans.
Oh they don't give a crap about poor people's health. Its all about punishing the poor. We all know it.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:36 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I dont give a damn if poor people buy junk food with their stamps.

Junk food is filing,believe it or not.

Why should they have to eat beans and rice every day? Why?
+1

^^^THIS^^^

Ordinarily I would be reluctant to agree with this post. However, I once witnessed a family whose utilities had been disconnected. They were eating junk food to survive!

I was absolutely shocked that this family's survival was dependent upon such items as potato chips, corn chips, popcorn, peanuts, and candy bars.

Besides, when you consider the fact that our government always overspends when it comes to the Pentagon and bails out unscrupulous banks_____Why be concerned with mere drops in the governmental bucket of "waste"?

Old 04-12-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
What about people who had children when things were going well for them, and then, for whatever reason, they lost a good job and had to take a poor one, or became disabled in some way, to the point that they can't work?

In any case, even if the parents are idiots, does that mean that their children should suffer?

Is there no room in your ideology for the fact that sometimes bad things happen to good people?
When are you and others going to get it?

They don't care.

They truly and honestly do not care about any other humans besides the ones they see in the mirror. Trying to appeal an appeal to emotion or logic won't work. I've been on this board for years.

I sit back and laugh at the frothing at the mouth over some poor bloke getting some Dr. Pepper. The things these people worry about are quite fascinating.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Can someone name a single safe, well-run, developed country that has as few safety nets as Republicans want?
No, they can not.

Over the years in a discussion about social safety net programs I've asked the very same question.

Crickets. Every single time.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Save what? there is not that much money to save after paying bills.

Many middle class would be devastated,and we are already strained already.
Again, he doesn't care. LOL He has his. He obviously thinks he has all the answers and will never listen to the experiences or ideas of anyone who differs from him.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Save what? there is not that much money to save after paying bills.

Many middle class would be devastated,and we are already strained already.
That means they are living above their means.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:22 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That means they are living above their means.
Right. Because $7.25/hour buys a decent standard of living in 2018 $7.25 is barely enough to buy a fast food meal nowadays.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
First, don't pass a massive tax cut that balloons the deficit at the expense of the social safety net.

Second, don't pass a massive spending bill that balloons the deficit at the expense of the social safety net.

See how simple that was?
First DON'T believe in any CBO "projections"

Pleasgive us their record.

As in the past tax cuts INCREASED revenues to the fed.

I post some of W Bush's stats.

Maybe you should read something BEFORE making ignorant claims.

Second, Explain IN DETAILS how the new tax cuts will be "at the expense of the social safety net."

If you are going to make a claim, it is up to YOU to defend it.

I am one of those that believe in giving a helping hand to those that need it.

I do NOT believe in giving people a complete life style of living on the gov'r dime.

MOST of these programs are supposed to be TEMPORARY.

I worked in the worst slums of D.C and SAW first hand the waste fraud and abuse of these "safety net" programs.

Have YOU ever witnessed first hand any of it?

Old 04-12-2018, 05:44 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
They get X amount of dollars. What they buy with it is their business. They don't get extra money. The program is to supplement their food budget.
Who is going to pay for it? You telling me you pay for everyone who has issues due to drinking soda?
Your contribution to Medicaid goes to lots of different people under lots of different circumstances.
"They get X amount of dollars. What they buy with it is their business."

Therein lies the problem.

It is NOT their money.

It is OURS.

It is obvios you haven' a clue as to what the program is and it's objectives..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies