Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 01:40 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of people who seem to believe that anyone who receives food stamps is lazy.

I have a belief of my own, and it's just as simple: anyone who believes it's okay for people - especially children - to starve is evil.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:05 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Food Stamps enable extraordinarily high rates of obesity among Food Stamp recipients. I already posted the USDA's statistics on that. Oh, and for an added bonus, we get to pay to treat Food Stamp recipients' obesity-related illnesses, as well.

How much do you pay?

Poor people buy cheap food. Cheap food enables obesity.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:13 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
There are plenty of people who seem to believe that anyone who receives food stamps is lazy.

I have a belief of my own, and it's just as simple: anyone who believes it's okay for people - especially children - to starve is evil.
Who is saying children should starve?

Once again you vault over logic to a ridiculous conclusion.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Who is saying children should starve?

Once again you vault over logic to a ridiculous conclusion.
They always drag out the children to invoke an emotional response. Remember when they were claiming that Trump's tax cuts were going to kill thousands of children?

Old 04-12-2018, 02:22 PM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree with all of this, I might have written much the same myself.

However, the real goal is to dump and abandon people in need.
Baloney...There are way too many able body people on welfare, SSI disability and food stamps. There is no one I know of that wants to disband anyone with true needs or a hand up. Bill Clinton did it with great success in the 90's.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:27 PM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Children go hungry by the millions all over the world...but few if any in the US or any western societies are among them. Pure and evil propaganda to think otherwise.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:28 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
great.

i just question the president's ability to make an intelligent decision once the information comes in.
At least you concede it is a good idea.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:34 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Baloney...There are way too many able body people on welfare, SSI disability and food stamps. There is no one I know of that wants to disband anyone with true needs or a hand up. Bill Clinton did it with great success in the 90's.
So then surely you know there is no such thing as welfare (cash benefits) for able-bodied adults without dependents. And by definition there is not for SSD either-which people pay into during their working life.

Oh yeah, and there are now time limits on Food Stamps for able-bodied adults without dependents.

The overwhelming majority of those that receive FS are children and the elderly. Our middle class and whole industries have been decimated-and yet people complain about poor Americans receiving measly help to feed themselves. We spend TRILLIONS on welfare for parasitic and nationless corporations and banks. We spend TRILLIONS invading countries, blowing things up and dishing out private contracts to war profiteers to rebuild....yet people complain about poor Americans receiving measly help to feed themselves.

Government spending and legislation is sick and twisted-but welfare is one of the last places that needs our attention. Priorities people-we are losing our nation.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:37 PM

581 posts, read 456,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

And you know these women receive public assistance ... how?
You know all the children belong to the woman ... how?
Yes, you're right. The four ton woman in the motorized scooter dragging her raggedy kids through the store on the same day the welfare checks happen to be handed out is likely a degreed professional paying her fair share of taxes and contributing to society.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:41 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Yes, you're right. The four ton woman in the motorized scooter dragging six kids through the store on the same day welfare checks happen to be handed out is likely a degreed professional paying her fair share of taxes to contribute to society.
The truth if the matter is that you know absolutely nothing about any random person, anywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies