Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 05:29 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree with all of this, I might have written much the same myself.

However, the real goal is to dump and abandon people in need.
Dang. I was trying to figure out who was left for Trump and Ryan ,to kick his way out of his self created corner. He s been thru daca kids, women he has sexually assaulted(allegedly) , the entire LGBTQ community, the poor from lesser rich countries then the US, and OH Yeah! The mayor of the devastated Puerto Rico, told kids who just witnessed massed murder of their school mates to expect MORE guns in school next year,and wanted Putin to get out of the way because he s sending rockets overhead.
What a guy.

The only group left after welfare recipients , then, would be dogs and cats.

Predicting a crackdown on adoptions and an uptick in cheaper ways to deal with overpopulation of beings that don't serve his agenda.

I m sure he ll get something like this done before Ryan leave s with his money bags.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:32 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
On the job training would be nice too. I learned from one of my coworkers that to become a manager all the training was online. No one is there to help you learn it. Thank god I have no desire to become one but that is terrible.
Or maybe more legitimate recruiters or helpful job coaches. In today's world they want you to have so much experience out the gate and there are so many of these listings to navigate through.
I think a lot of us need better help to secure good jobs. It is a nightmare out there.
Free trade with slave-labor nations has consequences.

If not for all of the various government programs, we’d be like Brazil.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I will pass that on to the handicapped folks I know, and the people ALREADY working who get it.
If they are working, they don’t need it. If they reproduced while on MW then they are idiots.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:36 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It shouldn't include cheese. Cheese is unhealthy.
Cheese is a lot healthier than "Cheez-its" or "Cheeto's".

Old 04-11-2018, 05:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Make sure you tell that to the millions of children who are surviving on welfare. Tough luck, kid. Get out and get a job. Maybe we could reopen the work houses of Dickensian London and put all the children to work for their one bowl of thin gruel a day.

This is why we can't allow conservatives to be in control. Children starving in the streets is fine, just don't take a penny away from those fat cats at the top sitting on millions and millions of our taxpayer dollars.

And these conservatives pretend to follow Christ.
The parents who produced them while on welfare are idiots. Their offspring are not my problem. I am not the village.

And yes, get a job. Hunger is a great motivator

Old 04-11-2018, 05:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-welfare-prog/

Great news...time to trim some fat.

"Despite the strong economy, administration officials said enrollment in welfare programs remains high. The White House said in 2016, more than 16 million “able-bodied adults” were enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or food stamps."
Let's start with Trump's swampy cabinet, their travel expenses, their wives' travel expenses, their office furniture, the Trump family travel that is costing us millions (the guy is supposed to be a billionaire--let him pick up the hundreds of thousands being paid for his sons' (who bring their wives) business travel and for Javanka's family once a month luxury vacation and for Tiffany and Marla's European travel luxury vacations.

The 'royal' Trump family spending is out of control. Having to pay for a billionaire family's lifestyle, while talking about cutting off hungry kids is possibly one of the most truly revolting things heard yet from this pathetic excuse of an administration. This is not America--it is more like Versailles before the revolution.

And Trump could stand trimming some fat himself.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:43 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
They don't "get" they TAKE.

I had an additional $200K "redistributed" this year on Obamacare tax to pay for other people's healthcare. I still have to pay for my own health coverage out of pocket. And that's on top of having to pay well over $1M in income tax.
Nope. Don't believe you.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
None of Trump's children collect government salaries.
You are pretty naive if you don't understand they are enriching themselves due to their relationships and access to power far more than the normal type of welfare recipients Trump is trying to squeeze out of their benefits...
Ask yourself why Kushners are able at this stage to buy Vornado out of the 666's debt burden--
The loans that came their way after Jared's meetings with those two banks...
Maybe some money from the Saudis for engineering the Qatar trouble...
Icahn got free lobbying for LNG out of Pruitt on the Morocco trip--against to hurt Qatar's production...
And there are way more than I have read about in the news...

Old 04-11-2018, 06:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Let's start with Trump's swampy cabinet, their travel expenses, their wives' travel expenses, their office furniture, the Trump family travel that is costing us millions (the guy is supposed to be a billionaire--let him pick up the hundreds of thousands being paid for his sons' (who bring their wives) business travel and for Javanka's family once a month luxury vacation and for Tiffany and Marla's European travel luxury vacations.

The 'royal' Trump family spending is out of control. Having to pay for a billionaire family's lifestyle, while talking about cutting off hungry kids is possibly one of the most truly revolting things heard yet from this pathetic excuse of an administration. This is not America--it is more like Versailles before the revolution.

And Trump could stand trimming some fat himself.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
From the article: in 2016, "more than 16 million “able-bodied adults” were enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or food stamps."
  • Most unemployed childless adults are limited to three months of benefits, unless they are working at least 20 hours per week or participating in a qualifying workfare or job training program.
  • The number of SNAP recipients is declining: "The number of SNAP participants in an average month was 3 percent lower in 2016 than in 2015, and almost 5 percent lower in 2017 than in 2016."
  • Most SNAP recipients who can work do so. Among SNAP households with at least one working-age, non-disabled adult, more than half work while receiving SNAP — and because many workers turn to SNAP when they are between jobs, more than 80 percent work in the year before or after receiving SNAP. The rates are even higher for families with children. (About two-thirds of SNAP recipients are not expected to work, primarily because they are children, elderly, or disabled.)
https://www.cbpp.org/research/policy...e-program-snap

I am so sick of the Republican lies about the poor, I hope they pay dearly in 2018 and 2020 for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies