Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 08:56 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times

Advertisements

I disagreed with the store owner who wouldn't decorate a cake for a gay couple on here until my fingers were sore. I feel the same way about this. Once we start allowing refusal of service based on our hate for another human being in common areas we become a despicable country.

It's a shame we've stooped so low again. Will it be "liberals only" cafes? I hope these people put signs in their windows so we know to avoid them. Every four years half of America won't agree with policies. It's always been this way, grow up and get over it. This is America!

I bet she's served a few who backed the President who ordered invasions of countries, killing of thousands, yet Sarah bothers her? Very personal way to run a business, and not in a good way. Glad I left the Democrats party. Just gross.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:05 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I disagreed with the store owner who wouldn't decorate a cake for a gay couple on here until my fingers were sore. I feel the same way about this. Once we start allowing refusal of service based on our hate for another human being in common areas we become a despicable country.

It's a shame we've stooped so low again. Will it be "liberals only" cafes? I hope these people put signs in their windows so we know to avoid them. Every four years half of America won't agree with policies. It's always been this way, grow up and get over it. This is America!

I bet she's served a few who backed the President who ordered invasions of countries, killing of thousands, yet Sarah bothers her? Very personal way to run a business, and not in a good way. Glad I left the Democrats party. Just gross.
Labeling it a left phenomenon is disingenuous at best. If you believe what you say then you did not join the republican party.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/no-gays...hardware-yelp/

Old 06-24-2018, 09:10 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.
I doubt it. Liberals are only appalled by things like enforcing the law, real equal treatment, people keeping what they earned, anything traditionally American. They'll cheer this restaurant owner just like they support Peter Fonda.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Sarah has learned how it feels to be discriminated against. Perhaps she can now relate to how gay people must feel.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Sarah Huckabee is awesome and gracious and handled this with much class. The only thing she lost in this is a meal that would have likely had some disgusting additive put in it by the despisers in the kitchen.

And she got free appetizers!

Old 06-24-2018, 09:25 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Sarah Huckabee is awesome and gracious and handled this with much class. The only thing she lost in this is a meal that would have likely had some disgusting additive put in it by the despisers in the kitchen.

With one poor decision the owner eliminated several million potential customers. Way to go.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:

She used her official twitter account to call out the restaurant. That is not gracious or awesome.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:

Oh, so she doesn't pay for her meals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
With one poor decision the owner eliminated several million potential customers. Way to go.
And gained several million more who applaud their decision. Maybe if she wasn't such a deplorable, this humiliating situation wouldn't have happened. But she is & it did & then she had to have her 15 minutes of "pity me" by tweeting about it.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:50 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,505,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Because the incivility in this country was not already turned up to a 9.5, the hate-filled Democrat left is now turning it up to 9.9. What else remains to make this worse now short of open violence?

And it is the Democrat left that is instigating all of this vile crap under the banner of "Political correctness" and identity politics. Everyone should remember that.
Perhaps this video will help shed some light on why liberals are acting so irrationally towards Trump and his supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0

Old 06-24-2018, 09:56 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
She used her official twitter account to call out the restaurant. That is not gracious or awesome.
What's so terrible about it? Surely the restaurant wants everyone to know where they stand, and that certain people aren't welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies