Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 AM

6,455 posts, read 7,018,958 times

Advertisements

Hopefully the NFL takes a financial hit from all of this....they should have stood their ground and nipped this thing in the bud the first go around.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:41 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
People doing that nonsense on my dime would fired.
How many companies play the national anthem each work day, besides if they put it in you contract that you could be fired for kneeling that's their right. The players have a contract, evidently they cannot be fired for kneeling,

I wish they wouldn't kneel but Trumps continuing comments just attract more attention to the issue.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 AM

27,648 posts, read 28,745,041 times
It's like the Nation of Islam has taken over the NFL.

Screw America and anything it stands for.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 AM

19,699 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many companies play the national anthem each work day, besides if they put it in you contract that you could be fired for kneeling that's their right. The players have a contract, evidently they cannot be fired for kneeling,

I wish they wouldn't kneel but Trumps continuing comments just attract more attention to the issue.
I'm sure they can be fired for misbehavior. They just won't do it.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:47 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,307,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Why are people comparing their jobs to NFL players jobs?
Some fail to realize the extraordinary skill that these athletes pocess and many fail to realize what a "Collective Bargaining Aggrement" is.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:49 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,923,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Kneeling during the anthem is traitorous and treasonous. Why do you support traitors and treason?
Lol .... No it is not. Are you serious right now??

Old 08-10-2018, 09:50 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,689,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Does your job play the anthem every morning before work?

if not then it's not a fair comparison.

Sure it is, its STILL A JOB. they can protest anytime but they choose the anthem for many reasons I don't care when they do it honestly its still a job. Playing a game or not its a JOB.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:52 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,707,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many companies play the national anthem each work day
I've worked for years in places where the national anthem is played daily. The number of people who stand at attention, hand over heart, is very few. No one is berated for pouring their cup of coffee while the anthem is going on. If someone is driving, they don't stop their car. If someone is on a phone call, they don't hang up or pause the conversation. People continue their work when the anthem is played.

Is the issue that people are kneeling or is the issue that they simply aren't doing what everyone else is doing when the anthem is played?

I think when you play the anthem as part of routine, it simply becomes rote. It has no business being played at sporting events unless national teams are playing. And it has little meaning when it is played as often as it is. In the realm of sports, maybe limit it to the first home game of the season and playoff games if people insist on hearing it. Honestly, I'd just do away with the anthem at non-international sporting events entirely.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:13 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,911 times
It won't matter at all. The police will make mistakes regardless of color no matter what. They aren't Robocops. You can't program humans. There will always be a percentage of mistakes. Advertising the mistakes as a deliberate act against black people will only cause more mistakes, and a lack of willingness to take the job because we all know as humans mistakes will happen.

There are certain professions where mistakes end in serious injury or death, unfortunately. The police force is one of them, as is being a doctor, surgeon, nurse, pharmacist, firefighter, etc. These are jobs we need humans to do, but we expect super humans to apply. This is not reality.

The sooner we learn to build Robocops the better. Meanwhile, I hope people dig deep into their rational minds and start having some understanding. We are all just human and we will continue to make mistakes.

Kneeling and first raising won't do anything but divide an already divided nation. Just like Hollywood, our entertainment industry is full of humans, making mistakes. What can you do? Not much.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:13 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,922,367 times
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why anyone on either side gives a rats ass about this anyway. Does some guy kneeling during the anthem affect your life or family in EITHER a positive or negative way? Is this issue worth more than a moments thought let alone the effort to create 12 pages of forum posts on this forum alone in the past 24 hours?

Get a clue people..... you are being played. While you are busy being outraged, your government is doing many things that deserve your attention. As Americans of any persuasion we need to focus and debate things that actually matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.